JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

16k Primers or 1oz gold?

• 1oz of gold

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • 16k primers

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I spent a long time close to 30 years buying precious metals and they are a poor investment , as a rule they are a decent enough hedge to protect your wealth but they will not grow your wealth by any means. Do the research and you will find that if averaged out for inflation gold is not worth substantially more than it was 30 years ago.

Silver (thanks to the Hunts ) for a brief amount of time had a substantially better chance of making you money assuming you did not HODL it when it hit $40 an ounce back in the 80's .

Right now in spite of what the government is willing to acknowledge we have pretty high inflation , much more so than the official rate of inflation 2.5% . Those who have been paying attention have noted that prices have been rising quickly for the last several years.

My advice assuming you can afford to take it is to listen to Milton Friedman.. In times of high inflation , the only way to combat it is with high living. Buy durable and consumables which will only go up in price which you can use or sell later . right now primers and ammo fall into those categories. Don't expect either to ever be as cheap as they were before this COVID nonsense and the summer of protests .

Gold.....because you can store it at home if you want.

16k primers......ahhh I think the Fire Dept's Inspector might have something to say about that.

Aloha, Mark

Gold.
I see the high value in primers NOW, but as the cycle goes, they will drop in value. Same as $1 a round 9mm. I'd trade my primers for gold if some want to make that deal, but that's because I have the luxury of having enough loaded ammo.

With the fiat currency artificially valued, even in a great reset, gold will hold/transfer wealth. You may be able to buy land or commodities (like primers) with gold. It is a small, small group that have the skills and material to take advantage of primers.
If S Realy HTF, would those that reload sell or trade ammo? Or more realistically, give it away to whatever MAG you belong to?
PLUS, are there really any serious reloaders out there that are short on primers? Or are they like me and get nervous when down to the last box of 1000?
(And please, don't consider me a serious reloader)

I don't value gold whatsoever and have no practical use for it. The only benefit of gold would be dependent on how much others valued it and in return would pay me or trade with me to obtain it. I do have a use for primers and do value them as an integral part of reloading. Therefore primers are more valuable than gold.

Speaking from an investment point of view. I wouldn't pay current market prices for primers. Once the price normalizes I'll stock up again though.

I said the same about Bitcoin.

LOL.

Aloha, Mark

I shake my head at crypto currency. It's literally magical fairy dust that someone said, "hey, I made this, but only made a limited amount" and people go nuts over it.

It seems they believe that crypto currency is a way to combat potential economic disaster, but the reality is, if this country really takes a major dump and the systems that keep people in their current level of comfort stop working - none of that would be valued anyway.

Figure out what the Chinese value in terms of currency, that seems to be the direction that all this is heading.

primers all day long. I cant send a 1/4 ounce of gold at 2,500 fps. That little primer can send 180 grains of freedom pills. just my opinion.

Careful.....to some Anti-Gunners (or Pro Biden, whatever).....you could be spreading/sending the "thoughts" of an insurrection against our overlords.

Attack on Capitol was the beginning of an American insurgency, counterterrorism experts warn (yahoo.com)

Aloha, Mark

PS.....as I have said in another thread.
Please help me to understand.....
Does anyone here actually have the "direct statement(s)" that TRUMP made to the crowd yesterday......to start, this so called, "Insurrection/riot" (as BIDEN has described it)? Anyone....have a video?

Stuff like for example: "March on Washington! Show them! Let your legislators know, how you feel, etc....".

Isn't enough for ME.

I need something like calling the crowd to do an unlawful act(s).

Last Edited:
Said every currency since mankind started.

True - but have you noticed since bitcoin many other crypto currencies have tried to launch themselves because (savvy) people have known it is creating value from nothing.

Obviously all fiat currencies share this. Which is why when the dollar no longer became attached to gold it also was magical fairy dust, but it was already establish so it had that to keep it going.

In terms overall preparedness it seems the most prudent method to plan ahead to cover all circumstances is to prep tangible goods in the event something terrible does happen, but also financially plan ahead for things to remain relatively stable.

Gold is a relative store of value in physical form. There is literally not enough physical gold to use it as a currency or it would be a global currency. Control of dollars is a huge priority for the governments as digital currency (credits) is being pushed to have 100% record to tax you with. Physical dollars are worth (in relative terms to) what you can acquire with them. Gold has an advantage over dollars because global banks and sovereign countries use it to store value without inflation or currency devaluation. If a paper currency goes bust, the government still holds wealth on any currency by holding gold. Primers are a commodity just as gold; both are priced in dollars. I thank everyone for their perspective and participation in this discussion.

Gold...
Only a very small percentage of the population even knows what a primer is, let alone wants one.
Gold is the premier barter material anywhere in the world, there is always a market for it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top