JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am sure Brandon is regretting those decisions everyday.
LOL I can be pretty forgetful of some things these days, but I bet Brandon has a hard time getting the right shoe on the right foot on a regular basis!
You got that right. And they're usually gun folk, just like us, only mostly old retired men who network with their cell phones so all their old retired buddies can come all in a rush to scarf up the desirable ammo and primers that make it into any particular retail store. Then they turn around and sell on the internet to further screw gun folk. Leaving the rest of us to nibble at the little that remains. Real jerks, they are. No tears coming from me if they die an early death...
"Mostly Old Retired Guys" ??? I've seen a few of THOSE lines in the last couple of years. And I saw them shortly after Sand Hook too! It wasn't mostly retired guys. No old retired guys making a bee line to the ammo section at Cabela's. It wasn't old retired guys filing out of Sporstman's Warehouse with their two boxes of ammo while I was waiting to do a deal with a member. "Mostly Retired Guys" have their bubblegum together. The old retired guys had/still have, a stock of primers when this last pile hit the fan. They still have them now because they're smart enough to not keep shooting the way they may want to! Unlike the lazy Millennial and Gen Z'ers that refuse to work, or show up to their jobs when they do get one! Besides that, old retired guys don't care much for standing out in the cold with a bunch of idiots because of various back and knee issues from working 30-40-50 years to make things in this world decent for they're kids, and the load of lazy ingrates that inhabit it now!

Your ilk must be pissed off because they haven't seen another "Stimulus" check from the demented pervert in Washington for so long.

You got that right. And they're usually gun folk, just like us, only mostly old retired men who network with their cell phones so all their old retired buddies can come all in a rush to scarf up the desirable ammo and primers that make it into any particular retail store. Then they turn around and sell on the internet to further screw gun folk. Leaving the rest of us to nibble at the little that remains. Real jerks, they are. No tears coming from me if they die an early death...
You had the same opportunity as everyone else to stock up when prices were low.

Or choose not to.

There are very few people whom COULDN'T stock up, because of there personal situation. IF that was your situation, I can empathise with you.

If you COULD HAVE stocked up, yet simply chose not to? That's ALL on you.

I don't wish you ill will either way. Nor do I wish ill will on folks trying to make a few bucks.

As an Official Retired Guy, personally I just don't have time to participate in this kind of behavior. Nor do I know any ORGs who are interested in swarming the honey pot to spend a hour worth of gas & 2 hours of time & effort, to get bubblegumed at by someone who clearly deserves to have the (insert commodity) here, at the price they think it should be. What about bubbleguming to the politicians who managed to organize policies that produce such grievous results where the actual fruits of capitalism worked well for a couple centuries?

Or choose not to.

There are very few people whom COULDN'T stock up, because of there personal situation. IF that was your situation, I can empathise with you.

I don't wish you ill will either way. Nor do I wish ill will on folks trying to make a few bucks.
Deja vu from ten threads in the past. This was the most predictable ammo, component and firearms shortage in the history of ever (to steal from Hostess). Those that are new to the shooting world or that were not in financial circumstance to afford to stock up I truly feel for. Those that bash a free market economy AND that do not fall into the one of the above categories, well,...

Facepalm.jpg

Not trying to be mean, but we have to take the good with the bad in a market economy. I agree that I'm not ethically aligned with "scalpers", but I don't know their circumstance either. If this is how they need to put food on the table due to losing a job from this covid crap, then not going to begrudge them. If they are just trying to make a buck from fellow shooters, I support their right to do this...but won't be inviting them to break bread at my table anytime soon.

We buy and sell ammo frequently with ZERO markup to friends and students when we find a good deal and they are in need. I know many others here do the same or even gift ammo, good Karma to them.

I recall with a certain fondness, the shocking day of the O years, when suddenly the biggest 22 brick loss of my life occurred. Suddenly 'they' (50 count boxes @ maybe $1.25 or so) were.not.available.anywhere. Except here's a guy at the gunshow, with bricks for $85 or boxes for $10.

I learned who he was next time I walked into his pawn shop/gun store. and saw the same stuff/same price. Gee, an actual professional non-old guy trying to rip me off!!!

What he said also left a mark. "I've got it. IF you want it, this is the price. IF you don't like that price, go give $3.00 to the guy that doesn't actually have any for sale".

Yeah the comment about it being "mostly old retired men" paints with a pretty broad brush. In my experience, people engaging in this behavior come in all shapes, sizes, genders, ages and ethnicities.

Yeah the comment about it being "mostly old retired men" paints with a pretty broad brush. In my experience, people engaging in this behavior come in all shapes, sizes, genders, ages and ethnicities.
Agreed. From some of my past conversations here and in other places, the "gougers" (not my term) have been kids, you know, under 40 something, and newer to the gun world. Again, free markets work when...free.

Or choose not to.

I agree...

Its like beating a dead horse on this forum where members complain about capitalism when the item in question is firearm related...
Are there any classified ads where those same people are backing their words with action and selling something they own which has increased in value at the original price they paid for it?
I have sold powder and traded bullets for the same pre-shortage price that I paid for them, but I respect that others have the right to sell their personal property at any price they want...

I agree...

Its like beating a dead horse on this forum where members complain about capitalism when the item in question is firearm related...
Are there any classified ads where those same people are backing their words with action and selling something they own which has increased in value at the original price they paid for it?
I have sold powder and traded bullets for the same pre-shortage price that I paid for them, but I respect that others have the right to sell their personal property at any price they want...
I give. To people I know or respect. I will not sell at a pre-panic fair price to someone who may turn around and sell at 5x that price.
When I have offered stuff up to the general forum, it's been at a price that it would cost me to replace given current prices.
When I give, it's for people to do as they wish. In life, I feel have received far more than I have given.

Wasn't it just one or two years ago? When I felt bad about selling primers at $50/1k. Now, I feel stupid.

Yeah.....we could ALL LEARN....from experience and history.

Aloha, Mark

I agree...

I'll give you $75 for your SKS. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty well stocked now. I'm a ORG and have decided to use up my current supplies then give up reloading altogether. The last time I bought primers they were 5 cents each and I'm not willing to pay more. If I'm lucky I have 10 years of shooting left and I have plenty of ammo for that. kids, grandkids, great grandkids have no interest in reloading so I'll pile everything together and sell it as a complete package.

A brick of CCI LPM primers just sold for $110 in the classifieds, I thought those primers would linger forever.
Even at sportsmans inflated prices I only paid 5.19 per hundred a couple weeks ago. Thats about double the price and selling easy. That's why I laugh at guys b!tching about powder prices. And refusing to pay 50 per pound. Heck that ain't even double the retail price, but they'll pay double for primers no complaint

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top