JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then there's the time factor. "Paying" oneself the difference of that saved via reloading, vs buying manufactured.

Saved $370 by reloading, "pay" yourself such over however long it takes to reload such.

Then there's the equipment factor as well.

However, that is amortized rather quickly given today's market.

Regardless, can still enjoy the shooting sports as one wishes.
But I am retired, so it is payment enough just to have "quiet time" from the wife. :s0087:

Then there's the time factor. "Paying" oneself the difference of that saved via reloading, vs buying manufactured.

Saved $370 by reloading, "pay" yourself such over however long it takes to reload such.

Then there's the equipment factor as well.

However, that is amortized rather quickly given today's market.

Regardless, can still enjoy the shooting sports as one wishes.
If I'm reloading for myself my time is worthless. I'm enjoying myself. If I were to load for others, which will not happen for anyone but very close friends and family, my time is factored in at the "friends and family" rate of almost worthless but I better get a lasagna or at least some cookies out of it.

:s0001: I found the Oracle
So what your saying is your not trying to bend the spoon. You are just trying to see the truth. There is no spoon
But am I wrong?

I'd tell you to wait for 9mm to come back to $160/1000 before you buy and get a bunch of hatemail from folks who are convinced their piece of spent 9mm brass is worth $1 each and that ammo costs are currently at an all-time low.

None of us can predict the future. I'd love to see $99 cases of brass case 9mm next month but unless everyone suddenly stops buying ammo of every type that is not going to happen.

Brownells has CCI #400s for $83 + Hazmat + shipping, limit 2 bricks. I had discount gift cards so I used those and piled on some powder. I was able to use the $25 off discount code MC2.

These primers will work for pistol loads too, so I am happy. $83 isn't great but it beats driving around all year trying to get lucky here and there. Even in my rice burner gas still ads up at $3.50 plus a gallon.

Brownells has CCI #400s for $83 + Hazmat + shipping, limit 2 bricks. I had discount gift cards so I used those and piled on some powder. I was able to use the $25 off discount code MC2.

These primers will work for pistol loads too, so I am happy. $83 isn't great but it beats driving around all year trying to get lucky here and there. Even in my rice burner gas still ads up at $3.50 plus a gallon.
They have CCI 41s too for $105 a brick and you can get two of those as well. That could help spread out the hazmat if you didn't need any of the powders they have in stock. Midwayusa has the CCI 41s for $100 a brick but limit of one.

Albany gun show last weekend. Talked to a couple of guys who paid $100/K for small rifle primers and were glad to get them. I traded into a brick of S&B SRPs and sold them for $85 in less than five minutes after the trade. There were lots of bricks of various brands and sizes for $150/K that were still there Sunday afternoon.

Albany gun show last weekend. Talked to a couple of guys who paid $100/K for small rifle primers and were glad to get them. I traded into a brick of S&B SRPs and sold them for $85 in less than five minutes after the trade. There were lots of bricks of various brands and sizes for $150/K that were still there Sunday afternoon.
It seems like it might be that way for the near future unless you want to make daily trips to sportsman's and get lucky one day.

I was at 12 cents per round before the crazy hit on 9mm. With primers being $100 per brick now, I'm at about 22 cents or $220 a case. I use rich man's Vihtavuori powder as well, but powder is the lowest component cost, so I don't care.

Few months back, $40 for 1000 small pistol at sportsmans. I 'managed' to buy 3 boxes. Its still out there you just have to be at the right place at the right time. I live very close and would check the store twice a week minimum.

They sold out of CCI 400s

I'm just selling everything from my reloading room and having a heck of a time trying to ascertain prices on powder, primers and bullets.

It's crazy out there, I tell you.

IMG_20220123_114914922.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top