JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just bought some primers for $100 a brick. I hate to pay that price . BUT by the time I go from one shop to the next and if I find 2 sleeves for that $3.50 a sleeve I have went out a dozen times and probably spent close to $20 a sleeve in gas etc. Just something to consider when buying primers...

If you are loading those primers in mid to large rifle cartridges the 10 cent cost of the primer will seem less significant.
Well I have friends and family that I load for so they buy and look for stuff for me to. Even 9mm by my math comes to about $230 for 1k .@ $100 for 1k of primers . Just saying

Well I have friends and family that I load for so they buy and look for stuff for me to. Even 9mm by my math comes to about $230 for 1k .@ $100 for 1k of primers . Just saying
9mm is about $600/1,000 rounds right now. If you can find it for $230 I'm all ears.

If you are loading those primers in mid to large rifle cartridges the 10 cent cost of the primer will seem less significant.
Not when I'm around the 10 cent mark for loaded ammo for 223!

I recently witnessed $25/100 primers. People are stupid. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Cost of each component?
Don't remember each component cost. I'm around $0.12-0.15 a round last I figured. a buddy of mine is probably close to half that when he makes his own projectiles.

Was at $0.06/rnd when I was loading 124gr montana golds last year. I think my last bit of 9mm loads was under $0.10/rnd.

Obviously I'm not buying anything in this climate of extortion!

Don't remember each component cost. I'm around $0.12-0.15 a round last I figured. a buddy of mine is probably close to half that when he makes his own projectiles.

Was at $0.06/rnd when I was loading 124gr montana golds last year. I think my last bit of 9mm loads was under $0.10/rnd.

Obviously I'm not buying anything in this climate of extortion!
Thought you were talking about .223

I seen a brick of primers for over 200.00 at the post falls gun show last weekend, 100 cci mini mag for 25.00, won't mention ammo cost. It gave me something to chuckle at the rest of the day

We cannot answer what you "should" be paying. We can only point you at the insane prices of today and say that is what you will pay if you buy right now.
:s0001: I found the Oracle
So what your saying is your not trying to bend the spoon. You are just trying to see the truth. There is no spoon

He is referring to component cost, to reload it your self. $100 bullets, $100 primers, and $30 powder.

Then there's the time factor. "Paying" oneself the difference of that saved via reloading, vs buying manufactured.

Saved $370 by reloading, "pay" yourself such over however long it takes to reload such.

Then there's the equipment factor as well.

However, that is amortized rather quickly given today's market.

Regardless, can still enjoy the shooting sports as one wishes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top