Primer prices

Reactions
So I just bought some primers for $100 a brick. I hate to pay that price . BUT by the time I go from one shop to the next and if I find 2 sleeves for that $3.50 a sleeve I have went out a dozen times and probably spent close to $20 a sleeve in gas etc. Just something to consider when buying primers...

Reactions
Cost of each component?
Don't remember each component cost. I'm around $0.12-0.15 a round last I figured. a buddy of mine is probably close to half that when he makes his own projectiles.

Was at $0.06/rnd when I was loading 124gr montana golds last year. I think my last bit of 9mm loads was under $0.10/rnd.

Obviously I'm not buying anything in this climate of extortion!

DizzyJ

Reactions
Don't remember each component cost. I'm around $0.12-0.15 a round last I figured. a buddy of mine is probably close to half that when he makes his own projectiles.

Was at $0.06/rnd when I was loading 124gr montana golds last year. I think my last bit of 9mm loads was under $0.10/rnd.

Obviously I'm not buying anything in this climate of extortion!
Thought you were talking about .223

Reactions
So this begs the question what should I be paying for 1k 9mm projectiles? Both rn and hp? Thanks in advance

Reactions
So this begs the question what should I be paying for 1k 9mm projectiles? Both rn and hp? Thanks in advance
We cannot answer what you "should" be paying. We can only point you at the insane prices of today and say that is what you will pay if you buy right now.

Reactions
I seen a brick of primers for over 200.00 at the post falls gun show last weekend, 100 cci mini mag for 25.00, won't mention ammo cost. It gave me something to chuckle at the rest of the day

Reactions
We cannot answer what you "should" be paying. We can only point you at the insane prices of today and say that is what you will pay if you buy right now.
:s0001: I found the Oracle
So what your saying is your not trying to bend the spoon. You are just trying to see the truth. There is no spoon

DizzyJ

Reactions
:s0001: I found the Oracle
So what your saying is your not trying to bend the spoon. You are just trying to see the truth. There is no spoon
When I have a spoon I usually need a steak knife.

Reactions: WTC
He is referring to component cost, to reload it your self. $100 bullets, $100 primers, and $30 powder.

Then there's the time factor. "Paying" oneself the difference of that saved via reloading, vs buying manufactured.

Saved $370 by reloading, "pay" yourself such over however long it takes to reload such.

Then there's the equipment factor as well.

However, that is amortized rather quickly given today's market.

Regardless, can still enjoy the shooting sports as one wishes.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors May Gun Show
Portland, OR
Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top