Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Primer price

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Nwcid, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Apparently I have not bought primers in a while, looking at the prices. I thought I had a few more boxes of small rifle primers, but I just opened my last box.

Last time I bought it was just under $100/5000 case or just under $20/box. I did some price searching last night and it looks like $30-32/1000 is what they are listed for now. Is that the current going price or is there a better deal somewhere?

2. Beta1759

Beta1759 Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

you can expect to pay anywhere between $32-$38/1000 depending on if they are regular or "match grade".

orygun, mjbskwim, Nwcid and 1 other person like this.
  3. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

When Walmart gets primers in, they still sell for about $21/1000 by the carton. Individual boxes may be higher. I bought CCI small pistol last week for this price.

4. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

I will have to stop by. How have the quantities been? I am looking to "stock" back up. I might just wait till next week when I get paid (lots of OT on this check) and order a few cases to offset the Hazmat.

5. Trailboss

Trailboss Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I've purchased 4k of CCI from a local Walmart in the past 2 months. I left around 12k on the shelf during that same time. They could be getting more in that I haven't seen. Not all Walmarts carry reloading supplies but I'd ask them if they do and then watch the Walmart inventory app.

Nwcid likes this.
  6. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

How about on par with 22lr at some shows?

7. Otter

Otter Oregon - mid Willamette Valley Active Member

Cheapest I've seen lately is $28/1000 for CCI 400 small rifle. Same place had Remington and Winchester primers in the $30-32/1000 price range.

mjbskwim likes this.
  8. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

At those prices I need to find a wal mart that sells reloading supplies. Those are great prices!

9. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

The only Walmart I've seen reloading supplies is the one on 82nd (not Happy Valley one). Pretty limited but they occasionally have a bottle of powder and some primers.