JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found quite a bit of off center primer pocket cases with this head stamp, is this normal?

B5203C69-3987-4B3E-88E8-20D2CCBBD35C.jpeg

Looks more like the military crimp was cut out at an angle making it look off center... it should be just fine. It is very common for the flash holes to be slightly off center.. also not an issue.

Looks more like the military crimp was cut out at an angle making it look off center... it should be just fine. It is very common for the flash holes to be slightly off center.. also not an issue.
It's quite off center, look at the edge of the markings

Looks fine to me. Maybe a bit out of round and a little bit off center.

If you aren't breaking decapping pins, and your new primers are going in without much fuss, I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you measured with calipers?...
It appears in the pic to be the way the edges are rounded making it look off center... pictures can be deceiving though.

Looks fine to me. Maybe a bit out of round and a little bit off center.

If you aren't breaking decapping pins, and your new primers are going in without much fuss, I wouldn't worry about it.
it's not that bad but I kinda wonder how they make those cases. Some are worse than others.

Hard to imagine how that would/could happen during the manufacturing process. May be Brazilian military surplus. I would not expect it to provide match-grade accuracy, but it went "pop" once, so probably will again.

Is the head diameter .378 or close? It could be the rim itself that is off, non-concentric, and not the primer pocket or flash hole.

I'm a curious insomniac, so I went down to the Mygrain silo and pulled a random case... decapped and measured...
Similar results. My guess is it's perfectly normal.

B7928F07-CB65-403C-BB31-D788454829A6.jpeg 03CE7414-00CC-49E1-96E3-12C0F0D80A46.jpeg 280F2443-7783-4779-B163-D2DD850F8C5D.jpeg

Last Edited:
Is it blasting ammo or high precision? If it's the latter, every measurable thing is taken into account. If it's just for blasting, remember, the flash hole for muzzle loaders is generally way off from center.. with nary a problem.

CBC is Magtech.. Brazilian made. I'm not sure if they have different grades of brass, or if they have improved dramatically over the last 8 years, but this stuff is amazingly accurate. I get 1/2 moa out of my 18" noveske barrel with it. It's a Mk262 77g otm just as good, but half the price of Blackhills.
946E0CE3-5EF2-4D80-913C-C929009A12D4.jpeg
I investigated further, and decapped a couple Magtech(same brand as OP)from my last range trip... known very accurate, a couple lake city from m855 federal, and a couple federal from AE 55grain.
All of them had at least .005 difference at the most extreme.
The lake city was unsurprisingly the best.
0B55DBBA-F370-441F-B6C0-A056E9578DAC.jpeg

The flash hole looks centered though.

I see no issues. May be a little difficult when you swage that crimp out.

I don't doubt that they will load and work fine. I wonder if anyone has any accuracy problem with them?
This thread seems to be going in the same direction of most threads you have started in the past...
You get some well thought out/explanations/answers, you come back with a "I know that" type response, and add/ask another question.
I can't wait for your response to @po18guy
:D

Last Edited:
This thread seems to be going in the same direction of most you have started in the past...
You get some well thought out/explanations/answers, you come back with a "I know that" type response, and add/ask another question.
I can't wait for your response to @po18guy
:D
And have someone else load the magazines for a blind accuracy test.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top