JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone know of any CCI large rifle primers on the west side? I'm over by Macminnville and can't find any in the area. Maybe some in the Hillsboro or Tigard area? I just finished my 260 long range rifle and only have about 20 primers in my stocks. Kinda sucks to build a new rifle and not be able to wring it out.:( I've been checking Bimart whenever I'm in and online once in a while and can't find any. Any help appreciated....

I've about given up on Bi-Mart for anything reloading, and 22lr for that matter. I don't think they've got the buying power, or it's because they only depend on that flaky All Sports company for product.

I don't do long gun but Sportsman's Warehouse, in PDX on SE 82nd, has had their primers on the SHELF for more than a couple of weeks, not on the gun counter. They had some kind of rifle primers. I didn't look that close as I've scored the pistol primers I need for awhile.

Good luck with the search!

I saw Winchester large rifle primers at Salem area Bi-mart on Oct. 31. Not CCI but they work. Received reports there are lots of primers, bullets and some powders at Sportsman and Cabelas. Would be worth making some phone calls.

Seeing as we're talking primers in general, I think........Powder Valley has Tula small pistol and a couple others.
I've been using them, not thousands yet, and having no issues.

Mike

I found a local place that had a brick of Winchester and I ordered a couple more bricks from MidwayUSA. I just try not to order online because of the Hazmat fee. Now I can get some rounds loaded up!

My local Sportsman's Warehouse has plenty of primers on the shelf, and even has a selection of powder, including a few 8 lb kegs of H-335, IMR-8208XBR, 4064 and 4895. They even had a few singles of H-4350 on the shelf. Another local store also had a good selection of powder, including Benchmark. It is definitely getting better and better. Now if some .357 Magnum brass could be found and some properly priced rimfire ammo, I would be good. I was surprised on my recent trip back from Montana that I was able to locate some .270 Win brass, which had been tough to find. I just hope the LAX incident doesn't start a whole new run on ammo and components.

Glad to hear your Sportsman's has some stuff. After a couple months of things getting better in Bend it has slowed down dramatically. Virtually no powder or .22 LR for the last several weeks and while the primer supply had been building up, it to has slowed down. I am glad I stocked up when things were getting better.

Seeing as we're talking primers in general, I think........Powder Valley has Tula small pistol and a couple others.
I've been using them, not thousands yet, and having no issues.

Mike

I ordered 5000 tula large pistol primers almost exactly a year ago(before everything disappeared) and I have been happy with them. I admit I was skeptical at first, but I have gone through about 1500 so far and no problems.

Anyone know of any CCI large rifle primers on the west side? I'm over by Macminnville and can't find any in the area. Maybe some in the Hillsboro or Tigard area? I just finished my 260 long range rifle and only have about 20 primers in my stocks. Kinda sucks to build a new rifle and not be able to wring it out.:( I've been checking Bimart whenever I'm in and online once in a while and can't find any. Any help appreciated....

you may have to settle for non-cci.

<broken link removed>

I settled for Winchesters. Never used them in a rifle before. I tried them for my .45 Auto once and it almost looked like I was shooting black powder out of my 1911! Don't know what the deal was. I used my standard recipe and only changed primers from CCI to Winchester. My bud who was shooting a .36 cap and ball revolver thought it was pretty funny though...:s0114:

I ordered 5000 tula large pistol primers almost exactly a year ago(before everything disappeared) and I have been happy with them. I admit I was skeptical at first, but I have gone through about 1500 so far and no problems.

I've been using Tula SRP for 223 and they work fine. At first I wasn't thrilled with the brassy color, but it's turned out to be helpful for differentiating the once-fired from the reloads when sorting brass.

Thanks for reminding me to check Powder Valley. They actually had .357 Magnum brass (Remington) in stock! Been looking for months for some, would have preferred Winchester, but any is better than none. In my experience, Powder Valley is one of the best, if not the best, online provider of reloading components. I truly admire the way they have held the line on their prices throughout this time of product shortages.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top