JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry if this is the wrong spot. Dont really know where to post. I am wondering if there is anyone in the portland vancouver area that carries primary arms optics? Specifically the gen 3 1-6 and the 1-6 raptor. I want to see them before i decide if i really want to spend the extra money on the raptor. Thanks!

I have never seen them anywhere other than on line.
For the price range of anything the offer with PA on it , they can't be beat .
People say budget optics , that depends on what your used to .
They are nicer than a lot of scopes , for the money nothing touches them.

Nothing touches the ACSS reticle at any price point ..... in 10 minutes a child can be leathal at 500-600 yards .
I shoot my gen2 1-6 at 600 yards with an 18" 566..... centermass all day .
I have a 1-8 as well , same story but the chevron is more precise . The extra power is good , I can see holes appear in the target at 100 yards . You pay a little in eye relieve at 8x. But if you are on 8x chances are you're perched up on a he rifle in a disciplined manner anyway so it's a non factor . Down below 6x the eye relief starts getting generous and at 1x it's real good .

I have never seen them anywhere other than on line.
For the price range of anything the offer with PA on it , they can't be beat .
People say budget optics , that depends on what your used to .
They are nicer than a lot of scopes , for the money nothing touches them.

Nothing touches the ACSS reticle at any price point ..... in 10 minutes a child can be leathal at 500-600 yards .

That ACSS reticle is awesome. I watched some YouTube videos on it. They thought of everything. The PA Compact Prism with ACSS is on my wishlist.

I have the PA 4-14-x44 FFP mil dot scope on my Remington 700 and for the money you cannot find a better FFP scope. The only complaint I have is the clicks are not very crisp. However, to do any better I'd have to spend double the money - or more.

Two thumbs up for Primary Arms.

Vortex is close with the strike eagles but they don't have the reticle .

AND if you chronograph your rounds, email the data to PA , they will give you strelock pro corrected bullet drops for any and all round choices you send them .
They just hooked me up with all the corrected bullet drops for 308 168gr going 2460fps ....

I, too, have been wondering if they are only sold online.

Any opinions on the 1-6 Gen III with the K.I.S.S. Reticle?

I totally get the ACSS reticle, but I would prefer a cleaner reticle, and it will be mostly used at the range. It might get swapped between a .22 and a 9mm, so I wasn't as interested in a caliber-specific ACSS.

Also, is it a true 1x and do folks feel as if it is a pretty good approximation of a red dot at 1x?

I, too, have been wondering if they are only sold online.

Any opinions on the 1-6 Gen III with the K.I.S.S. Reticle?

I totally get the ACSS reticle, but I would prefer a cleaner reticle, and it will be mostly used at the range. It might get swapped between a .22 and a 9mm, so I wasn't as interested in a caliber-specific ACSS.

Also, is it a true 1x and do folks feel as if it is a pretty good approximation of a red dot at 1x?
I think you would like the kiss reticle for your application . And they can send you bullet drops for it as well if you have data from your rifle .
I shoot occluded when using low power variables as red dots so it's a no factor to me . I usually have it on 4 power sobif I have to make a quick transition to 100 or more yards I just drops the front lense cap and instant magnification .
However the 1x is pretty true .... all low power variables have a hard time with it

Does anyone know if PA traditionally has sales at certain times of the year (like Memorial Day or 4th of July)?

I'veber Checking their website for a month or so, and I haven't seen any big sales.

I bought a Halo sun red dot from them it's a good one .
And the primary arm's and the Halo sun are the same thing .just they put there name on it .
So they probably have some deal with them to build optics with the primary arm's name on it
Just a guess

I bought a Halo sun red dot from them it's a good one .
And the primary arm's and the Halo sun are the same thing .just they put there name on it .
So they probably have some deal with them to build optics with the primary arm's name on it
Just a guess
Its all built from the same Chinese factory.

Its the specs and quality control of the company wanting them to make stuff that matters.

I have a couple PA red dots that are 5-6 years old. Still going strong. I would not hesitate to buy any of their products, though I too wish I could see their reticles first hand before choosing one.

Its all built from the same Chinese factory.

Its the specs and quality control of the company wanting them to make stuff that matters.
The HALO SUN i have has been working good for 3 years it's actually better than a few others I have .it has auto on and off lol just pick up the gun rack the charger and it comes on and put the gun down and it turns off after a few minutes

Does anyone know if PA traditionally has sales at certain times of the year (like Memorial Day or 4th of July)?

I'veber Checking their website for a month or so, and I haven't seen any big sales.
Yes and many more . They have one for every occasion and even some presidents birthdays .... last one was Jefferson

I thought they only sell direct from their website?

They also sell on Amazon, and have an ebay store too.

Primary Arms is my go-to for scopes these days. As already said, the ACSS reticle can't be beat, and they are great scopes for the price!

I doubt you'll find many Raptors out in the wild yet, as they were just released a few weeks ago. I'm personally waiting for their new 3-18x that's due this summer.

If you'd like to see a few in person, I own a few different models. Personally, I'm not sold on the FFP Raptor, as I'm worried the reticle might be too small on 1x. I think the reticle on their 1-6x & 1-8x SFP is just the right size.

Last Edited:
They also sell on Amazon, and have an ebay store too.

Primary Arms is my go-to for scopes these days. As already said, the ACSS reticle can't be beat, and they are great scopes for the price!

I doubt you'll find many Raptors out in the wild yet, as they were just released a few weeks ago. I'm personally waiting for their new 3-18x that's due this summer.

If you'd like to see a few in person, I own a few different models. Personally, I'm not sold on the FFP Raptor, as I'm worried the reticle might be too small on 1x. I the reticle on their 1-6x & 1-8x SFP is just the right size.

The 3X compact prism scope has a very large eye relief which is good since I wear glasses. I have my scope sitting the box still. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top