JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do these seem to be selling for these days?

I only ask, because I noticed a couple of them at my dealer today and they had price tags in the $650 range on the stainless ones. Have they gone up this much in price? My dealer is usually on the lower end when it comes to pricing.

When I first saw them they were running $399 and then went up ti the $450 range. At that price I could see why some people would want them, but at $650 I could not imagine buying one of these over a Colt or a Springfield.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but where on earth in Oregon do you guys find these outside of Kieth's in portland/gresham (Where ever... they are both to far from me and last I checked he wanted to much for them there) ???

I found one locally at that security gun shop on TV highway but they wanted $800's for it so I threw up a little in my mouth and gave it back to them. :D

Anybody know where to get one at a reasonable price?

I bought mine (blued) for $511 about 8 months ago in St. Johns. If they have gone up, it's probably that Taurus didn't realize how much work it is to produce that gun with those features!!

Thank you for your response wildcard. What's the name of the shop you purchased it at. I have some friends in the area so occasionally I am in the St. Johns area and could stop by on the way there sometime I guess.

Nice price BTW! That is more like what I'm looking to spend for sure.

I guess if I can't find one at a reasonable price locally I will be making another gunbroker purchase. Damn I have bought way to many guns on gunbroker lately. :s0114:

I have the 2008 Taurus catalog, customer version, not dealer. I have looked at the 1911's several times. The list of standard features is extensive and having many a Taurus I also thought about getting one. I have never owned a 1911 before and thought a Taurus would be a goo introduction for the money. So I started looking at the gun shows, and quickly discovered I could get a Kimber pro carry for less than what a lot of the Taurus 1911's were selling for. I am not sure if it the current climate in the gun market or if they have gained so much popularity. I would pay around $600, but not the $800 plus I have seen them selling for. I did however find them online for $640.00 new, plus shipping and Transfer fee. http://www.onlinegundeals.com/ItemDetails/708322034/TAURUS_STAINLESS_1911_W_TAC_RAIL_NE.htm

Thank you for your response wildcard. What's the name of the shop you purchased it at. I have some friends in the area so occasionally I am in the St. Johns area and could stop by on the way there sometime I guess.

Nice price BTW! That is more like what I'm looking to spend for sure.

I guess if I can't find one at a reasonable price locally I will be making another gunbroker purchase. Damn I have bought way to many guns on gunbroker lately. :s0114:

Sorry it took so long!! It was Shooter's Service Center on Lombard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top