JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not firearms related per-se...

Just hopped on my Amazon account, I keep a lot of things in my saved for later list.

Anyway, every single item on my saved for later list went up in price, anywhere from 3 cents to $4.00.

I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but it was every single item, over 20 of them. Normally there are up and down swings on items - not every single one going up.

Exact opposite for me.. I have probably 100 things in my list. Things that have been on there for years also but nothing has increased. Actually just scrolled through it and most things have decreased 2%-15%. Half dozen or so 22%-29%, 1 at like 32% and 1 thing even 50% . To bad it's all crap I just dont feel like I need at the moment.

Production is down with Covid but demand is higher with everyone sitting around at home
Low supply + high demand = higher prices.

It's all part of the game. Supply/demand would dictate higher prices for lower supplies...but people like to get ahead of the demand response.

Who could have predicted TP would be a hot item? If someone did, and priced up a few bucks, they'd make a great margin.

I imagine sellers are now trying to figure out: is their item something they should discount to drive sales or will it be a TP-adjacent type of item that will sell no matter what at a higher than normal price?

Exact opposite for me.. I have probably 100 things in my list. Things that have been on there for years also but nothing has increased. Actually just scrolled through it and most things have decreased 2%-15%. Half dozen or so 22%-29%, 1 at like 32% and 1 thing even 50% . To bad it's all crap I just dont feel like I need at the moment.

Interesting for sure. I started asking some of my friends who tend to be techie millennial's and they are reporting increases. These are the types of people who are in their Amazon account every day.

they'd make a great margin.

Until they are thrown in jail. Literally, people and small business owners who have horded and stocked up storage units and selling at inflated prices are getting thrown in jail. Now Costco, as well as other retailers, are not accepting returns on TP, Lysol, rice, water, ect.

Production is down with Covid

I am watching China, its workforce is getting back to work. However, the biggest issue now is there is not enough work. Cancellations, production push-backs, late payments, non-payments. Now that they are ready to start the production machine back up there is not a lot of work, not like before.

If anything, orders are down, production is ready to ramp back up (in China)

Edit: Maybe that is the reason. The supply chain is running more lean than usual. They are ordering less or canceling orders thus increasing prices because they loose a higher bulk rate discount thus increasing prices and passing that along to consumers? It would be a way for supply chains to keep more cash fluid in hand and not keep cash tied up on the shelf or in a warehouse in storage.

Last Edited:
Amazon Fresh delivery lets you order but there's no delivery windows available. So I guess you have to sit there and wait all day until a delivery day opens up.

Until they are thrown in jail. Literally, people and small business owners who have horded and stocked up storage units and selling at inflated prices are getting thrown in jail. Now Costco, as well as other retailers, are not accepting returns on TP, Lysol, rice, water, ect.
I didn't say gouge, I said increase.

No-one is getting thrown in jail for selling an item normally for $3.00 and increasing that to $4 or $5. If the masses bought out Costco first and Ma's Grocer noticed and upped their TP sales price a few bucks, I'd call that smart business. Supply has just dropped while demand is there - thus a price increase on the remaining goods.

If Ma decided to try to sell that TP at ridiculous prices, then yea, that's gouging. A small increase is normal business functioning. That's a healthy market reaction to changes in supply.

Same thing with ammo. I usually pay 0.03/round for .22LR. Selling for 0.05 is not unheard of right now and the market might bear a bit more. That's the game.

Don't forget to look at Walmart.com. They have free delivery over $35 and have better prices in most cases than Amazon. I got an Auguson Farms number 10 can of dried whole egg powder for $32.00 last week compared to the $52 that Amazon wanted.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top