JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember seeing used Chinese SKSs at a gun show in Portland in the mid/late '90s as I recall, packed in a wooden crate and smothered in cosmoline, for $59 each. Many people seemed to look down on them as a "junk gun" back then. I bought my first AK around that time (Egyptian Maadi), at a gun show in Roseburg, for $220 IIRC. The guy told me to follow him out to his truck because he had some ammo to go with it. He then pulls a 1,440 round wooden crate out of the back of his truck. I was pretty happy with that deal. I bought several $49 Turk Mausers and Mosin-Nagants at Big 5 around that time.

It's funny, I was young and broke then, couldn't buy a fraction of what I wanted. I used to listen to the older guys talk about the glut of cheap surplus back in the '60s and how they wished they'd bought more. Now I'm the one doing that.

Do I wish I'd have bought more cheap guns back then? NO! I wish I'd have sunk every penny I had into the stock market... :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top