JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Seems to be going up all the time just like houseing did. At what point will the average guy quit buing new guns? What is your price limit for the average gun? Are prices changeing your gun buying wants?

jj

To me it seems like the prices are pretty decent and some manufacturers are even dropping prices still. I recall having to pay close to $600 for an M&P9C, which you can now get for the low 500s and Smith keeps coming out with offers and rebates. Walther realized that the dollar dropped against the Euro and lowered their prices drastically. I paid $700 for a P99, just to find that two weeks later the prices dropped to $470. Ouch! The AR-15 prices are nowhere near where they were just before BHO got elected. Maybe it's because the items that I'm interested in that is priced well and you're looking at stuff that is increasing?

Seems to me that the opposite is happening. Things went crazy about three years ago (guns and ammo) and are just now falling back in line with normal inflation. I feel sorry for anyone who bought an AR two plus years ago. They have come down to almost half what they were then.

Are prices changeing your gun buying wants?

I suppose the answer would be yes, but that would be true of any of my hobbies. If the things I like were cheaper or if I somehow made allot more money for no good reason I would have more of everything I like.

It seems to me that the prices on guns has finally been dropping back down. One example would be SKS's. Awhile ago, $300 was considered a good deal on one. Currently, a good price on one is much closer to $200. A very noticeable improvement. I'm sure that mil-surps aren't the only guns that have dropped in price, but I can't think of any others just off the top of my head.

It seems to me that the prices on guns has finally been dropping back down. One example would be SKS's. Awhile ago, $300 was considered a good deal on one. Currently, a good price on one is much closer to $200. A very noticeable improvement. I'm sure that mil-surps aren't the only guns that have dropped in price, but I can't think of any others just off the top of my head.

Maybe you guys are right and prices haven't gone up. I bought my Chinese SKS some time ago NIcosmoline with all the accesories for $90. Sling,cleaning kit and ammo belt came with the gun.

What made me think of prices was one of our members telling us he bought a Smith and Wesson revolver for around $900 and he thought he got a good deal. So I was wondering how long people will keep buying the high dollar guns.

Myself, I don't buy new anymore. I look for the good older stuff the guys want to part with. In my opinion they are much better guns.

jj

I am a Glock guy so I just use my LEO discount and get a hundred dollars off lol. They also have a LEO factory discount on S&W M&P pistols as far as I know. I just picked up a nice Gen4 G23 with night sight for $455 and it came with three mags.... can't beat that. If I didn't want the night sights, it would have been $398.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top