JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have friends that did missionary work in Uganda a number of years ago. The village they were in would butcher a cow every morning for market. All of the locals just bought "cow"; there was no differentiation of cuts. Jodie made friends with the butcher and was able to select certain pieces of "cow" so they ate pretty well.
She also bought beans. Figuring beans were beans, she boiled them... and boiled them... and boiled them some more with no apparent change in the beans. Later she discovered that although they are called "beans", they were really a nut that was ground to make flour.

Are those the ones that have the pounded waffle marks? The last time I had those I was a kid too.

Yes, those are the ones. Green and red lettering on the clear wrapper.

Don't forget Rocky Mtn Oysters!!!

My dad and I were driving through the Texas panhandle one time. We stopped in Dalhart and those were on the menu where we ate. My dad ordered them but I wasn't up for it. He said he liked them.

Yes, those are the ones. Green and red lettering on the clear wrapper.

I don't remember what the wrapper looked like. But I stayed at a friends quite a bit, to get away from my house, and we would get hungry late at night. We were allowed to have either cheese sandwiches, on white bread, or a sandwiches with those steaks... tasted pretty good at the time.

Is it possible that the Ox tails are "regularly priced" and the Brisket was on sale?

No, they were both "regular prices." Until the next price increase, anyway. Brisket it another cut that used to be cheap. Then the Barbecue cult (and online foodie articles) got going and up went the price.

Meat prices are all about available quantity per animal.
-example:
Politicians brain is very expensive because you need a lot of Politicians to yield 10 lbs of brains.

Well, it's the same with ox tails.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads