JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've noticed ammo prices have gone up tremendously at bigger name sports store such as Sportsman's Warehouse and Cabela's. 50 round boxes of 9MM ranging from $19.99-$34.99, .380 going for $28.99, 38 special going for $32-$34 per box, and 5.56/.223 going for $14-23 for a box of 20. Unfortunately these prices will only be increasing. HOWEVER, I have managed to find some bargain deals on ammo at local stores in Northwest Oregon and have managed to pick up some 9MM for $14 (box of 50), .38 special for $17, 7.62 for $8, and .223 for $10!! What good bargain deals have you found in your area?

D9A17B1C-EB74-45DC-9351-EA54B7FD61A9.jpeg

I have generally seen prices coming down on ammo outside of the stores you mentioned (Sportsman's/Cabelas) though Sportsman's has come down considerably on at least 9mm recently compared to what they did want just a month ago which was $25/box of 9mm blazer 115gr. I think I saw it there for $18.99 the last time I was in. Lots of other ammo was still laughably high though. I was down in Eugene at McCluskey Arms on Thursday and they had 9mm 115gr and 124gr FMJ Norma cases for $350 and good prices on brass case 7.62x39, 38 special, 223 69gr and 77gr OTM, 22lr bricks, 308 match ammo and FMJ. So things are coming back and prices coming down if not as fast as we all would like it.

Things are falling quickly to online ammo prices also.

I've noticed ammo prices have gone up tremendously at bigger name sports store such as Sportsman's Warehouse
Perhaps my memory is defective, but seems like a year or so ago, here on NWFA, Sportsman's Warehouse was being hailed as holding the line on prices. Maybe they have wised up or simply had to cave to due higher distributor prices. Or due to inflationary pressures. With general inflation running high, it's a given that ammo will go along with everything else. Of course, transportation is a big issue. Fuel and labor costs for that have gone way up. My guess is that heavy stuff (like ammo and kitty litter) will go up proportionally more due to weight. It's a perfect storm, high demand combined with inflation.

When Vista announced price increases of 5-12% Sportsmans went and got ahead of the curve by raising retail by 35%. That was the beginning of a long few months to restock the shelves.

I stopped into bi-mart today and saw that thanks! I purchased a few boxes at Cascade Farm/
Bimart has the brass cased boxer primed Belom brand 7.62x39 ammo for under $11 per 20ct pack. Considering the price of 7.62x39 brass cases that is a pretty decent deal.
Outdoor for $10.39 earlier this week.

Not ammo but I came across some large rifle primers at the Rickreal gun show yesterday for $175/1000. Good thing I stocked up some time back as that would hurt if I needed them.

Not sure if a good price these days but I grabbed a box of 500 22lr Winchester anniversary box that came with a special edition fishing lure from Cabelas yesterday for $49.99. They had a ton of them.

Not ammo but I came across some large rifle primers at the Rickreal gun show yesterday for $175/1000. Good thing I stocked up some time back as that would hurt if I needed them.
Hope he chokes, has to keep taking them to and from all the gun shows and never sells them.

Some decent/not terrible ammo prices at Mid South.
check out the .223 at $329.00/1000 ! Might be gone already.

Day before yesterday I bought CCI small pistol magnum primers from Midway for $89.99 a brick. These have been very difficult to find!
They sold out in a few hours.

I also bought ammo from Underwood the same day for up to 40% off. I bought the extremely rare 357 Sig 1,475 fps 125 grain Speer JHP for only $17.99 a box. As well as 9mm +p+ 1300 fps Nosler JHP for only $14.99 a box. You would be very hard pressed to find a deal anywhere close to these prices. And flat rate shipping was $7.99!

Hell. Bi-mart is selling Blaser 9mm FMJ for $17.99, so if you look online, you can find some smoking deals.

I've been finding ammo coming down in price at least 9mm, especially the last 3 months. Sportsmans had been at $22 per 50 round box (as their cheapest 9mm) for quite a while, with not a lot in stock. But now their shelves are completely packed full, and haven't seen this much ammo there since before the pandemic and their lowest priced box of 50 is regularly $18.99... with a current sale now happening where the aluminum case can be had for $15.99. Also Bimart has had so much ammo they are having sales now, and their lowest sale price was $14 per 50. Online you can regularly find 9mm at .28 -.32 p.r. and they are adding free shipping for "Holiday" sales and Fathersday....

Day before yesterday I bought CCI small pistol magnum primers from Midway for $89.99 a brick. These have been very difficult to find!
They sold out in a few hours.

I also bought ammo from Underwood the same day for up to 40% off. I bought the extremely rare 357 Sig 1,475 fps 125 grain Speer JHP for only $17.99 a box. As well as 9mm +p+ 1300 fps Nosler JHP for only $14.99 a box. You would be very hard pressed to find a deal anywhere close to these prices. And flat rate shipping was $7.99!

Hell. Bi-mart is selling Blaser 9mm FMJ for $17.99, so if you look online, you can find some smoking deals.
Definitely a good deal on that .357 box! I bought a box of Federal .38 special +P HP for $17.99 recently and thinking of picking up another one before the sale ends. I also bought a few 50 round boxes of Browning 9MM FMJ for $14.99 at Cascade.

Making my usual rounds today in Eugene and came across something I haven't seen on the shelf for 2+ years now, 6.5 Creedmoor!!! To top it off, it was 143gr match and less than $30/box at $29.00 from the boys at McCluskey Arms. I picked up a couple boxes to see how my rifle likes this Norma offering as I have only shot Hornady so far. Talking with the guys there at the shop, they are seeing more ammo come available and said they got a couple thousand rounds of the 6.5 creedmoor and just got restocked on cases of 223.

As they say, pic's or it didn't happen.

imagejpeg_0.JPG

norma shooting dot com had buy a box of 9mm get a box of tac 22 for free. no limit i know of and free shipping on orders of $49 and up. They had decent prices on the 9mm around $16/50 and some other BOGO deals
classic firearms had tula poly coated 115 gr 9mm for $260/1000 earlier today

I am starting to think all the anti-gun politicians have stock in ammo and gun manufactures.

In the gun shop I work at after our fearless leader stated "9mm will blow your lung out" folks came in and bought more 9mm and guns just incase it is the next thing on the hit list.

Prices had been coming down we had 9mm at 16.99 for aluminum case and 17.99 for brass but most of that is gone now. Yes, the price still sucked but there was no limit and we had it.

We sell primers at 99.95 per 1000 when we can get them but it is hit and miss at this point in time. Yesterday 6-15-2022 all we had left was small pistol and small rifle.

Then Federal told us we would not get any more primers through the end of the year because they may not have enough to complete current contracts. CCI is owned by the same company but have not heard from them about if we are getting any more or not as of yet.

Just a warning: Ammo prices may be going up again due to freight cost as fuel prices climb and now there seems to be a shortage of diesel grade motor oil. It also takes lubrication to run ammo producing machines and oil prices are going up.

So, I do not think ammo prices are going to get much lower, so if you see what you want, at a price you can live with I would get it. I do not know for a fact but my gut feel is it will be going back up again soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top