JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm... interesting I just placed an order with them the other day because they had the best deals on what I was after. Mind you I didn't buy Mag's or ammunition from them though, I have plenty of that at the moment.

I think when it comes to those items they are in fact short on supply and I don't know if you've noticed or not but since the ObamaMan was elected Demand has never been greater! Law of supply and demand would sugest there is no gouging here and that these items have in fact increased substantially in value do in large part by the hugely increased demand.

It took me forever lately just to find Primers and powder to make my own bullets lately and when I did find it I had to pay more then normally, so I bought a lot, figuring the supply problem will likely get much worse before it gets better. Guess i'm part of the problem just like you :D

No price gouging...

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?sort=price&catid=110&pagenumber=1

Notice all the out of stock stuff! Demand has far exceeded supply. This makes things more expensive period. People love a free market when it's working in their favor but as soon as it isn't they all scream CHEATER! @$$HOLE$! Etc. etc. etc. etc.

This is not an investment driven bubble like the most recent oil price bubble that was created from a flood of investment (CASH) into the oil markets by the paniced sheeple.

This is in fact because the gun owning population has gone nuts clinging to their guns in an uncertain time. Mind you I am one of them and I don't think I'm alone around here. I think everybody of all walks of life right now needs to gun up.

I wonder if CTD has some kind of automated pricing system that's gone screwy? I've seen other examples of this on CTD where ammo goes up in price and your savings is shown as -X%.

Hard to believe they could stick a price like that on pmags right now. I believe that supply is starting to catch-up with demand. I've seen a lot more pmags at gun shows at <$20/each - not a fantastic price, but not $60+

Hmmm... interesting I just placed an order with them the other day because they had the best deals on what I was after. Mind you I didn't buy Mag's or ammunition from them though, I have plenty of that at the moment.

I think when it comes to those items they are in fact short on supply and I don't know if you've noticed or not but since the ObamaMan was elected Demand has never been greater! Law of supply and demand would sugest there is no gouging here and that these items have in fact increased substantially in value do in large part by the hugely increased demand.

It took me forever lately just to find Primers and powder to make my own bullets lately and when I did find it I had to pay more then normally, so I bought a lot, figuring the supply problem will likely get much worse before it gets better. Guess i'm part of the problem just like you :D

I'm all for free market - but I can get PMAGs elsewhere for under $25 (w/window - and it's still over-priced)!!!

So when others in the market have 1/2 to 1/3 the price still, yeah, I call it price gouging.

So the next argument will now be (naturally): so don't buy there.

Notice how i'm not buying there...

However, through all the supposed ammo shortages and price gouging there is plenty of shotgun ammo available and at prices not much different than pre-Obama times. Sportsman's Warehouse has piles of shotgun ammo on the floor. SO - if everyone is clinging to their guns and panic buying up ammo for the theoretical reasons then why not the run on shotgun ammo? Wouldn't that be as pragmatic a purchase as rifle and handgun ammo?

I'm all for free market - but I can get PMAGs elsewhere for under $25 (w/window - and it's still over-priced)!!!

So when others in the market have 1/2 to 1/3 the price still, yeah, I call it price gouging.

So the next argument will now be (naturally): so don't buy there.

Notice how i'm not buying there...

Yes but I submit to you that it isn't neccessarily gouging at all still. It could very well be that Cheaperthandirt is simply down to their last few available for sale and is having trouble getting more. Retailers do not like to be zero bin on items because if they don't have something somebody wants the customer will shop somewhere else for sure.

However, through all the supposed ammo shortages and price gouging there is plenty of shotgun ammo available and at prices not much different than pre-Obama times. Sportsman's Warehouse has piles of shotgun ammo on the floor. SO - if everyone is clinging to their guns and panic buying up ammo for the theoretical reasons then why not the run on shotgun ammo? Wouldn't that be as pragmatic a purchase as rifle and handgun ammo?

I stocked up on shotgun as well so I don't know the answer there. However I do find that I shoot less Shotgun then anything else therefore for me anyways a little bit goes a long way. I go through handgun ammunition extremely fast however. Rifle ammunition is somewhere in the middle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top