JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
too all you price gouging , you all sicken me.
i dont care what your reasoning is for your ridiculous prices but whatever it is is not good enough.

do you all get excited in situations like this because you know you can take advantage of people?
ill be taking note of the people doing this and if there ever is a time i put something up (for a fair price)
if you want it you definately are not gonna get it
:s0081:

i thought the limit would be people buying pmags for $60, but seen them go for $100 a piece!!! cant blame people for selling @ that price i just cant believe people are willing to pay those prices.

I cant blame them either. If I thought I could get $100 for a mag I'd sell it. Besides, There is no such thing as price gouging unless one person owns all of the comodity. This is called free market. I could say your just trying to "bully" the price down. Haven't you stocked up already? Didn't you learn from the 08 shortage? If you don't like it leave or at least be quiet.

Isn't price gouging relegated to staple items? Items that a person needs to survive such as food, water, etc? I struggle to call it gouging if the items are being bought, happy buyer, happy seller...?

What is worse, pricing what the market bears or being the one who didn't plan ahead?

i can blame them, they are pretty much thieves in my book stealing peoples hard earned money. alot of good honest citizens feel like they need some protection at times like this and these people are making it impossible for the average person to achieve that.
i know they dont have to buy them but then they are left sol if they ever need to defend themselves for whatever may come.

We are sooooooo tight in the gun community. Us against the gun grabbing liberals. So let's screw each other over on prices. I saw this coming and traded my AR and glock off last week. Screw this.

It's just a matter of people's fears and emotions getting the better of them. People are free to ask whatever price they want. I am free not to pay it. The people paying high prices are driven by fear. But they can't see the forest through the trees. Nothing has been banned. Mags and guns are still being manufactured. It may take a month or two or three for retailers to replenish their stocks, but it will happen. Take Pmags for example, Magpul did not go out of business. If you check any of your favorite online retailers, most are allowing backorders of mags at $12 or $14 each. Many people have convinced themselves that a ban will be enacted tomorrow, so they have to pay $100 for that mag right now! But, there will be more for sale at your favorite retailer soon. When that happens, all the people who paid high prices will be slapping their foreheads and yelling "D'OH!"

It's just a matter of people's fears and emotions getting the better of them. People are free to ask whatever price they want. I am free not to pay it. The people paying high prices are driven by fear. But they can't see the forest through the trees. Nothing has been banned. Mags and guns are still being manufactured. It may take a month or two or three for retailers to replenish their stocks, but it will happen. Take Pmags for example, Magpul did not go out of business. If you check any of your favorite online retailers, most are allowing backorders of mags at $12 or $14 each. Many people have convinced themselves that a ban will be enacted tomorrow, so they have to pay $100 for that mag right now! But, there will be more for sale at your favorite retailer soon. When that happens, all the people who paid high prices will be slapping their foreheads and yelling "D'OH!"

yes, they are taking advantage of people. there is a few other classes of people that do that as well if you know what i mean.....

Just went in fishermans in oregon city that place is just down right scary with how people are acting.

Bi-Mart here was the same way today. I bought 4 boxes of .223, and some guy and his wife just about grabbed it right out of my hands. They cleaned out the rest on the shelf. I could not believe it. People are nuts.

Hate to tell ya folks but it is called capitalism or supply and demand. If you do not like the price do not buy it, if the demand is not there the price will come down.

If you where smart you should have seen this coming and bought last year like many of us did.

So in my opinion if it is worth it to you then get it, if not then don't, it is not my job to sell you something at a price that makes you happy. Stores are designed to make money not please you.

Yes price gouging is relegated to staple items like food, water and in many cases fuel. Mags or any firearms related item is not a requirement to live.

Even though I might not agree with this statement, its just that they are hard to eat..

I wish I'd bought more mags when I had the coin to do so a while back, but then, I didn't foresee 4 high profile shootings in a week and a half's time, the call for a new ban, and the rush on stores. :( I hope this crap blows over and prices return to pre-rush norms.

The looming threat of a ban is making me reconsider my choice of firearms and mags though. I love my Glock - but I'm now looking for a gun that uses metal mags - and if I can get the right one, a gun with a metal frame also. For the simple fact that if we're stuck with a no-transfer/no sale/no new purchase type ban - I want a gun that will last longer than polymer. The oldest Glocks are only pushing 30 years. Don't know how long the polymer will last before breaking down. Don't know what the future holds for us. I'm thinking that metal mags/guns will last longer.

I'm also kicking myself for buying P-mags vs. metal mags for my last 7 AR mags. I've got 1 30 rounder and half a dozen 20 rounders, and I'm considering trading them straight across for USGI metal mags for the same longevity reasons. There are mags out there still working fine that were around in Vietnam. P-mags haven't been out for more than a few years, so who knows how long they will hold up if they're not run over with a truck or some other craziness.

Maybe my fears of the plastic mags/guns are unfounded, maybe not.

I'm a card carrying capitalist.

It's supply and demand.
Anyone who is still selling p-mags for MSRP should be registered as a charity for their kindness and generosity.

I can't fault someone for selling an item for what the market bears.
If I had some unopened pmags they'd be up on craigslist for $80 a pop.
If someone is willing to pay me that for them, then we both end up winners.

I love capitalism.
Everything else is just an excuse for the lazy, unprepared, or the oblivious.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads