JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
C'mon its Capitalism. but now they will be getting taxed more bcause they are making their millions. I dont agree with it, but oh well. Id probably do the same thing so I could get another AR and a slurpee from 7-11

I saw a new Bushmaster carbine on consignment at 82nd gun brokers for $1999. Last week this could be had for $900. I think someone bought it, drove to another gun shop, consigned it and is hoping to make a fast $1000. It's been sitting there a few days and I hope he gets stuck with it.

I am all for making a profit and reacting to supply and demand (I have a masters in capitalism) but there is a limit beyond which I think "screw you". I just bought a lightly used Anderson Am-15 used for $1599 at northwest Armory. I think I overpaid by a couple of hundred but i am perfectly fine with that given the current situation. I will continue to be their customer.

I saw an Aero stripped receiver at a well known AR shop for $225. I am told these are $99 receivers. To me, $125% markup is saying something to your customers. The people like the Bushmaster consigner have no future relationship to preserve. Shop owners that jack up prices 100% or more risk pissing of customers that they will need when the current panic subsides.

We don't live in free market. We don't have real capitalism. We live under government manipulated and controlled capitalism, bordering on fascism since we essentially have a corporate-controlled government.

That said, thinking ahead and buying Pmags for $13 and selling them for $100 .... that's pure capitalism.

We don't live in free market. We don't have real capitalism. We live under government manipulated and controlled capitalism, bordering on fascism since we essential have a corporate-controlled government.

That said, thinking ahead and buying Pmags for $13 and selling them for $100 .... that's pure capitalism.

True, but under capitalism you are free to shop elsewhere if you feel screwed.

Already got my assault weapons, magazines, and ammo. It's fun to browse the classifieds and laugh at the prices, knowing I paid 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/8 of the price a few years back......

Its really bad on here and on craiglist. Now the Stores are getting on the action. i refuse to be a victim , I have some Mags but could use a few more. i wll not buy at these crazy prices.

Like was said in another thread, store owners are unable to get new stock, with no idea when more will come in. They can't keep the doors open without product to sell, and they can't feed their families for months off the profits from selling their limited supply for low prices. They have to sell high to make enough money to survive until more product is available. I for one would feel dumb if I sold all my product for normal prices knowing it was going to be resold for double the minute it walks out the door.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Like was said in another thread, store owners are unable to get new stock, with no idea when more will come in. They can't keep the doors open without product to sell, and they can't feed their families for months off the profits from selling their limited supply for low prices. They have to sell high to make enough money to survive until more product is available. I for one would feel dumb if I sold all my product for normal prices knowing it was going to be resold for double the minute it walks out the door.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Not all shops are participating in the "free-market" price explosion. The shops I frequent are maintaining their prices at pre-paranoia level. Most have said that they are afraid of jacking their prices in fear of alienating regular customers. The bottom line is that while some people consider these price explosions as simply supply and demand market pricing, enough other people consider is price gouging. Shops certainly need to look after themselves and their families, but unless they are banking on going under due to new federal regulations, they should also be concerned with maintaining good relationships with their customers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top