JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I needed to pick up some mags for my Sig 556 and AR rifles. None out there for normal price I did find some P-mags now maked 31.99 so I hope Brownells fills their backorders soon. The price of AR rifles is now crazy bids on GB for the 516 are near 3k, we are entering the stupid zone.

Welcome to introduction to CHTF. Shortages and price gouging. But most importantly, look at the attitudes.

"Here is my $75 Pmag for sale. Screw you if you don't like my price, go somewhere else."

"Don't freak out if you don't like my price."

The vitriolic attitude we have seen on a site with common ground is preview of what CHTF will look like. Just imagine what it looks like when we are talking about food, medical supplies, gas, etc.

We should be comming together to address this threat. Not gouging each other and nastiness. The government and the angy gun mob want us to bicker and break down. Gives them more reason to rule over us and gives them power over a devided group.

Well, I"ve had a notification request for a Cetme rifle at Buds gunshop. In Nov. they were selling for $479 shipped. Before Christmas they were $519. Today, they are $629. And as usual, out of stock by the time I get home. Doubt the source of the price increases is Bud's. Roughly a 30% change, all because of demand for these type rifles. Sure to get worse.

Well said, jimboshooter. Reminds me of the fact that there are two kinds of preppers; those who actually prep to take care of themselves and their families, learn new skills, etc., and those who are too lazy to prep or learn, and plan to rely on only guns and ammo to get all they need. They are animals, not men, who like to talk tough and maybe try to fool themselves into thinking they will kill entire families for a can of tuna. SHTF we'll see what people are really made of.

Welcome to introduction to CHTF. Shortages and price gouging. But most importantly, look at the attitudes.

"Here is my $75 Pmag for sale. Screw you if you don't like my price, go somewhere else."

"Don't freak out if you don't like my price."

The vitriolic attitude we have seen on a site with common ground is preview of what CHTF will look like. Just imagine what it looks like when we are talking about food, medical supplies, gas, etc.

We should be comming together to address this threat. Not gouging each other and nastiness. The government and the angy gun mob want us to bicker and break down. Gives them more reason to rule over us and gives them power over a devided group.

I find equally repugnant the apparent gloating of a few members on this site who write about the numbers of magazines they managed to score before the prices started to move upwards.

The only price gouging that will happen is what YOU let happen. I usually pick up about 10 mags for any gun I have shortly after I buy it and decide I like it enough to keep.

If y'all buy things at inflated prices,don't bother telling us how stupid you were to do that.It's your own fault for feeding the thieves.
If we boycott the inflated sellers,they will have to sell the stuff off to pay there card bills soon enough.
Then buy at a discount.
At least that's how they told me it works on Wall street.

/\/\/\

What he said.

Gun owners and gun shops are acting worse than the a-holes talking about getting rid of guns. Shortage of supply? Get real, that's not how it works, and certainly not that quick. The speech came out, prices firmly went up, so I'm not gonna listen to anymore supply and demand bullbubblegum.

Where are our 2A "defenders of freedoms" republicans? They could squash this hysteria in one second with a press conference reminding everyone the make up of congress.... Do they do it? Nope... We are just pawns once again in a game we don't even get to play, we just get to suffer the ramifications

I have no issues with those who see opportunity and purchase low and sell high. That is capitalism. I just don't like the nasty behavior that some include in the process. Gives you a glimpse of what people are really like when the heat is on. And I am on the prepared side so I am not panic buying. I just find the over aggressive attitude in some to be disappointing.

I'm sure that there are plenty of folks that will be happy to sell me gold at "pre-spike" prices. Y'know, about $300 an ounce. After all, you wouldn't want to "gouge" a stranger. Also, if grandma bought a 1958 Bel Air, she had better not sell it for anything over the $2,500 she spent on it, the heartless, money-grubbing pro that she is.

You waited for the crisis? You don't have AK and AR mags, but you have an AK or AR? No bullets? And now that is the fault of the seller. In any other situation, you buy low and sell high it is called an investment. Isn't that why so many people invested when the price was low? Now they reap their gains and those who did not buy pay for it. BTW, I do not have any "high priced" items on the forum. I just can't believe the complaining by folks who don't have to buy anything.

Merry Xmas!!!

I agree with all the commets regarding preperation, in fact I have plenty of mags to feed my rifles; some would argue to many. However, if available I wanted to get a few more, must be my over prep mind set. Fact is I will probaby always be able to get mags and guns because of my profession but the hysteria is starting.

I think the attitude is just people being defencive. They want to sell at these new high prices. But when they are seen doing so. They are called some no so nice names. I have seen some people called sick because they are taking advantage of some tragedy where children were killed.
I would hate to need to sell an AR right now. I would be labled a baby killer! Thats not cool.
So I can sell for what I think I can get. Or sell at a loss only to see sombody flip my gun and make a lot of money. So..... Get screwed for money. Or get called a gouger. Nice place we have here.

You should be allowed to sell your gun for any damn price someone else is willing to pay. I just don't see the value of an AR at 3K that sold last month for 800. On the other hand if I had 3 or 4 extra ones around I might have to sell them to buy stuff that is not inflated.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top