JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought 2,400 (2×1200 rd. cases) 62 grain green tip IMI 5.56x45mm from Midway on sale and with birthday coupon, it came out to $0.556 per round, which is higher than normal but lower than our retail outlets. That included shipping & WA state sales tax.
Is your name Dick A.? Your post sounds like someone I met at my range Wednesday.

Went to BiMart today. They had green tip for .75¢ a round in 200rd "bulk packs". I've been paying .25¢ +/- at the same location. Anyone else experience this at thier local BiMart?
Before pointing the finger of blame at Bi-Mart you need to know what price they are being charged by the wholesaler and also what the ammo makers are charging the wholesalers. I have always found Bi-Mart to be very fair with their prices. Just check and see what other suppliers are charging. Perhaps the politicians have finally realized that the way to control gun violence is not through firearms but rather through ammo supply. Any firearm is worthless without ammo to go with it and ammo does not fall under the 2nd.

Ammo isn't up
Food isn't up
Fuel and vehicles aren't up.

The dollar is down, way down. Way worse inflation than would ever be openly admitted too.

Real estate is up , and it's going higher every day.

This right here…. The Consumer Price Index recently spiked 5%…. (for you Biden voters and lovers of "free" government healthcare and college, that means inflation.)

We don't have Bi-mart in Commiefornia. We have Big 5 and others. Big 5 has kept their prices relatively low during the ammo shortage. Recently their prices have gone up. I think the retailers margin is the the same. Scarcity of materials, inflation, hording, middlemen, etc. have all contributed to the high prices.

I'm still trying to figure out why there was a shortage of toilet paper, now wood, when we have so many trees.
Teenage Commiefornia defector lit the entire flippin' gorge on fire a couple years back. Not as much trees as before.

I've noticed the same thing with other ammo, OP. I love Bi-Mart! They have always had the best prices around here, even during hard ammo times. However, I did notice some 7.62x39 they were selling at one location that was a great price, and after it sold out a week later the same stuff was available at another location for $2/box more. I think everything is finally catching up to them given everything that's been going on. I have no doubt their prices will come back down faster than anyone else's.

I know an old lady who works there. I'll ask next time I see her. I've see this elsewhere. Seeing it at BiMart about blew my mind. Plus it looked as though they packaged individual 20rd boxes cheaply in shrink wrap.
Bi-Mart charges 1% above their distributor cost for ammo. What you are experiencing is known as "capitalism."

Ive seen the same thing at my local BiMart recently. I personally know the Gun Counter manager and she's telling me their price is going up, up, up everytime she orders. Anyway... Ive been telling anyone I know for 30+ years to buy ammo. Some listened the others are crying now! The good news is weapon price/availability is getting better. So buy a new rifle and use it to CLUB a LibTard!!!

It's not an essential like food & water. People that use the term 'price gouge' are whiny communists that demand price controls.

(Unless one is brand new to firearm ownership)If you didn't "stack deep when it was cheap"; like people have been preaching forever....

It's on you pal.

The Little Red Hen has the last laugh.

I haven't needed to buy ammo in years, and I've enough to last through until this cyclical price hike wanes. In fact, I recently sold a bunch off at current prices to subsidize earlier bulk purchases.

Call me a "gouger", I'll call you a lazy slob that fails to plan for the future.
So are you sad or glad that bimart raised prices in response to the market?

Oh at the "Other Mart" last week I noticed the cubbards were bare but then the counter guy pulls out a 1400 round 22LR "Bucket O Bullets" from under the counter for another "OLD" geezer like me. I was kinda taken off guard at first then asked promptly If he had another. He said yes one more. I asked how much he said $62 plus tax. I hesitated for a moment thinking of all the stored $5.99 bricks I had at home. I then quickly cleared leather with my ATM card and said what the hell. Just food for thought in these wierd times!

Oh at the "Other Mart" last week I noticed the cubbards were bare but then the counter guy pulls out a 1400 round 22LR "Bucket O Bullets" from under the counter for another "OLD" geezer like me. I was kinda taken off guard at first then asked promptly If he had another. He said yes one more. I asked how much he said $62 plus tax. I hesitated for a moment thinking of all the stored $5.99 bricks I had at home. I then quickly cleared leather with my ATM card and said what the hell. Just food for thought in these wierd times!
PM sent!

lorl

Teenage Commiefornia defector lit the entire flippin' gorge on fire a couple years back. Not as much trees as before.
Few, if any, expected a 15-year-old kid to pay $37 million in restitution, but that was part of the sentencing after the teen admitted to tossing fireworks into the brush in the Columbia River Gorge, starting the Eagle Creek Fire in 2017. But the Hood River County District Attorney says the young man, now 19, has been making regular monthly payments for years and continues to do so.

So are you sad or glad that bimart raised prices in response to the market?
Indifferent.

Bi-Mart is a business; employee owned, but a business nonetheless. I'd presume that their distributors upped the price to them, and they're forced to pass that increase onto their customers to make a profit, or lessen the hit as a loss-leader.

I can empathize with new gunowners having a hard time finding and/or affording ammo at the current prices. In fact, I have an old friend wanting to go practice shooting his 9mm pistol at the range with me, but he's strapped for cash w/ other expenses, and he can't afford to buy ammo atm.

I'm going to take him up anyways and let him burn off some of mine in other calibers through my own pistols, but he's also willing to do a few hours of yard work for me; in trade for a few boxes of 9mm.

Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Indifferent.

Bi-Mart is a business; employee owned, but a business nonetheless. I'd presume that their distributors upped the price to them, and they're forced to pass that increase onto their customers to make a profit, or lessen the hit as a loss-leader.

I can empathize with new gunowners having a hard time finding and/or affording ammo at the current prices. In fact, I have an old friend wanting to go practice shooting his 9mm pistol at the range with me, but he's strapped for cash w/ other expenses, and he can't afford to buy ammo atm.

I'm going to take him up anyways and let him burn off some of mine in other calibers through my own pistols, but he's also willing to do a few hours of yard work for me; in trade for a few boxes of 9mm.

Win-win as far as I'm concerned.
So in other words..?

I stopped buying from the only website I have used to order ammo for the past 10+ years (I won't name them), close to a year ago, because of the absurd markup. I still get email newsletters once a week and at the start of each newsletter there's the same 500 word essay about "unprecedented times" and how you "better act fast, because this ammo won't last" BS, and yet every other week, the site is peddling the same ammo, but at the same time, decreasing prices. It seems that a lot more people are finally fully aware of the artificial panic that many vendors are making, and these same rats, I mean vendors, are trying to make out with as much money as they can before the panic ship sinks, and they have to go back to being competitive with pricing. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever buy from that same ammo vendor again, due to shady marketing and prices, where I previously was a lifetime customer.

Bimart just dropped their prices on a bunch of ammo this past weekend.
I'm seeing steel 762 for 277/1k online.
As well as Brownells and Midway and several online places doing "sales" on ammo.. Granted they are still asking more than I want to pay for, but if we don't pay the price and everyone chills out for a second we can get the prices to come back into a more "affordable" range.
aDjusting for 5% plus inflation and added raw materials costs we should expect to be paying around .30 cents a round for 9 at best. 556 about 40 to 50 cents.
2019 prices are a goner unless your a FFL

Not saying op is or anyone else responding here is but the only people I could see complaining about Bi-Mart's ammo prices are those who were making a profit from Bi-Mart's ammo prices. Them raising their prices cuts into a scalpers profit and discouragers the hoarders who will back off and wait for the prices to come back down.

That's not a bad price for today's market.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top