JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's a simple solution to that problem:

DON'T BUY IT!
4A7EA140-B67F-4A91-B83C-0F870FC62E64.jpeg

I think that they are just charging their margin as usual with their cost factored in. I bought one each of the scarce Taurus G3c and TX22 pistols at Bi-Mart for $240 each over the last few months and that's an awesome price if you see what they are going for anywhere else when/if you can even find them. It's certainly way below MSRP.

You will not (IMO) find better prices on firearms stuff than at Bi-Mart. Good luck trying.

"I read an article yesterday reporting that a spokesman for Remington said the ammo shortage will not be ending soon."

Sky has fallen, never to return. Ammo will never be seen again so people can stop looking now. :s0140:
Meanwhile Bi-Mart. What many seem to not get. This store works on a certain mark up. That does not change. If they pay $20 or $50 for the item from their source, the mark up is the same. When something like ammo is in short supply, like now, no one can buy box car loads of it. So it's more expensive. As mentioned there is a super simple solution. Do not buy it and the price will come down. The alternative is to of course daily tell anyone who will listen that doom has fallen us all and ammo will never again be seen. Of course when it is, and the shelves are full, and the stuff is on sale every week? Most will ignore it, just like all the panics before this one.
Edit: I forgot to mention, the one place I watch to see whats going on has Russian 9mm for $18.50 a box right now if you buy a case. Too much for me but I take heart seeing it as this same ammo from the same place was a buck a round just a few months ago. :D

Last Edited:
Everything is getting more expensive
Have you all seen the price of packaged gravy mix....OMG!! (according to Mrs308)
:s0112:

Bass Pro increased pricing. If everyone stops paying the high price it will go down just like last time. New gun owners don't help but I understand you have to have ammo and have no idea what it's supposed to cost. I still look whenever Im at the store and I might buy a box just to put on the shelf. Before the price increase I would buy at least 2 boxes every time. And if there's a good deal/ sale, I buy it, take it home and put it on the shelf or a can. Just a habit I've have had for some time. I still shoot 2-3x a month and feed multiple rifles and pistols(the boy likes to shoot and so do I) without having to buy ammo during these times. I have seen ammo prices going down online. Should be a good sign to come.

Minimum wage of the era .
$4something ?

Here and now $12 ? And we're being told that it's gonna be $15 . In fact, you can barely get people to show up and work for less than 15 anymore.

Approximately 3 fold prices are to be expected at retail , so the math is right.
2 weeks ago in Moab, Utah. McDonalds had a sign they were hiring, $18 hr starting wages.

Have you noticed that the cost of just about everything has gone up? It's not just ammunition.
If you want something, you have to pay for it.
Bi-Mart always has the best prices on things. It never would even cross my mind that they 'price gouge'
If one does not like the price, one does not have to buy it.

All businesses that are selling ammo…are about the same price as Bi Marts. Madras Bi Mart had some good prices tho.
everything Went up in price.SHORTAGE! HOARDING! Pandemic caused a mess and still Is. Bullet manufactuers believe it will take up to 1-3 yrs to catch up.

All businesses that are selling ammo…are about the same price as Bi Marts. Madras Bi Mart had some good prices tho.
everything Went up in price.SHORTAGE! HOARDING! Pandemic caused a mess and still Is. Bullet manufactuers believe it will take up to 1-3 yrs to catch up.
More like 5 -7 years but there will be two or 3 more panics during this time so no more ammo for decades to come. Best get a slingshot.

Lucky You!!! My Bi-Mart had the same thing for $.90/round… Told the other guy who bellied up to the counter at the same time that this will continue until people stop paying those prices. He promptly told the clerk what he wanted as I walked away

Numerically, prices on many things have indeed been going up, not just ammo. Value wise.. things are pretty much the same because the Almighty Dollar is way down :( I acquired 5.56 in Winchester White box 55gr and PMC X-tac 62gr for about 17 per box of 20 sometime last year at a pawn shop, knowing full well that pawn shops tend to be higher.. because they had it. Now the same stuff is about $25 a box if they have any. Still haven't seen 6.5 Grendel ammo since early Summer 2020 when I last acquired a bunch at various prices (cheapest was $10.99 a box of 20 for Wolf steel case, and most expensive was Hornady ELD Black hollow points at $24.50 per box of 20, with Hornady Frontier FMJs at $17.99 a box)
@CamoDeafie 6.5 Grendel (Hornady Black) was on the shelf last night at Sportsmans Warehouse in Albany when I checked out at 8:50pm. They had a pretty healthy stack, 20 plus boxes I would estimated. I don't have that caliber so I didn't count or look closely, only long enough to see it wasn't 6arc.

My local BiMart, 122nd and NE Halsey, has the same thing. I'd mentioned it already in another thread. The Winchester .223 was $14.00 and change for a 20 box.
I bought 2,400 (2×1200 rd. cases) 62 grain green tip IMI 5.56x45mm from Midway on sale and with birthday coupon, it came out to $0.556 per round, which is higher than normal but lower than our retail outlets. That included shipping & WA state sales tax.

We don't have Bi-mart in Commiefornia. We have Big 5 and others. Big 5 has kept their prices relatively low during the ammo shortage. Recently their prices have gone up. I think the retailers margin is the the same. Scarcity of materials, inflation, hording, middlemen, etc. have all contributed to the high prices.

I'm still trying to figure out why there was a shortage of toilet paper, now wood, when we have so many trees.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top