JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't start barking at bi-mart they have been very good at maintaining prices and dealing with phone calls of "did you get any ammo today" and "what kind" some of these price hikes come from the manufacturer running their machines and employees 24 hrs a day and knowing that by raising their prices the profit from demand goes to who is making it and putting it out there.

I know an old lady who works there. I'll ask next time I see her. I've see this elsewhere. Seeing it at BiMart about blew my mind. Plus it looked as though they packaged individual 20rd boxes cheaply in shrink wrap.
I still think its bogus demand has inflated the prices to what they are. It shocks me some folks will pay x2-x3 what used to be normal price. I just cant comprehend that many people zapping shelves at inflated prices.. yet they do!

From a diehard capitalist's point of view, along with a heart felt belief A private concerns should be able to choose their own destiny, I find the word "price gouging" ambiguous at best, selfish and whiney at worst. At least while I still have the right to choose, or do without if needed.

I like comments like this. They force me to take long hard looks in the mirror.

Building on thorburg, I concur with his ideas, but I struggle to remain objective and true to the virtues of free market capitalism when the price goes up on stuff I want to buy.

So my personal preference would be strict price controls on stuff I want when I want it, but free market for everyone else.

:D

It's not an essential like food & water. People that use the term 'price gouge' are whiny communists that demand price controls.

(Unless one is brand new to firearm ownership)If you didn't "stack deep when it was cheap"; like people have been preaching forever....

It's on you pal.

The Little Red Hen has the last laugh.

I haven't needed to buy ammo in years, and I've enough to last through until this cyclical price hike wanes. In fact, I recently sold a bunch off at current prices to subsidize earlier bulk purchases.

Call me a "gouger", I'll call you a lazy slob that fails to plan for the future.

Numerically, prices on many things have indeed been going up, not just ammo. Value wise.. things are pretty much the same because the Almighty Dollar is way down :( I acquired 5.56 in Winchester White box 55gr and PMC X-tac 62gr for about 17 per box of 20 sometime last year at a pawn shop, knowing full well that pawn shops tend to be higher.. because they had it. Now the same stuff is about $25 a box if they have any. Still haven't seen 6.5 Grendel ammo since early Summer 2020 when I last acquired a bunch at various prices (cheapest was $10.99 a box of 20 for Wolf steel case, and most expensive was Hornady ELD Black hollow points at $24.50 per box of 20, with Hornady Frontier FMJs at $17.99 a box)

Currently, the very best distributor pricing on domestic new brass case ammo is .50 to .55 per round. Bi-mart normally would price at a 25% margin. If they paid .55 per round, retail selling price would be .74 per round.

If you want steel case, on line pricing runs as low as .36 per round plus shipping.

Ammo price hike at Bimart certainly caught my attention. I don't like it, but at the same time, we are currently going through crazy international ammo shortage.

Two calibers I buy & noticed price going higher recently at Bimart were(Portland Metro): .45ACP($20-ish to $25) & 5.56($11.79 to $13-ish)

Like @eldbillbo mentioned, lot of us see how much time & manpower ammo crisis is costing Bimart with so many questions being asked at the sporting goods counter. I'm glad to see Bimart employees putting up with us, as they are always nice & helpful, at least in my area. Prices are definitely trending in the wrong direction, but I hear it can be double, triple Bimart prices in some stores.

Even the ammo you linked to is $.66 per round plus shipping. To walk into a local store and pay close to that doesn't seem unreasonable. Definitely would not fall into the "gouging" category for me anyway.
That was precisely my point - the ammo I linked to is $.66 pr. The ammo I linked to was for reference to the ammo being sold at bi-mart. At the price BM is selling 200 rounds for, it's $.90 pr.

Even the ammo you linked to is $.66 per round plus shipping. To walk into a local store and pay close to that doesn't seem unreasonable. Definitely would not fall into the "gouging" category for me anyway.
With shipping, it works out to .70 per round for imported ammo.

For domestically produced ammo, with shipping, this retailer gets over .80 per round.

Went to BiMart today. They had green tip for .75¢ a round in 200rd "bulk packs". I've been paying .25¢ +/- at the same location. Anyone else experience this at thier local BiMart?
If anything, Bi-Mart has been the anti-gouger for the past 18 months plus. In the past month, I scored 4 sleeves (400) Winchester magnum small pistol primers for $4.49 per 100, as well as a pound of IMR-4831 for $26.97 and a pound of CFE Pistol for $23.97. Good luck beating those prices anywhere in the past 6 months. Oh, and about 6 weeks ago, I scored 2 boxes of Remington 9mm 124 gr FMJ for a currently excellent price of $14.99 per box of 50.
Face it, Dennis, it ain't 2019 anymore and those 2019 prices are history.

The ammo shortage isn't getting any better still a lot of people buying guns and if your including first time buyers add that to the mix. Trust me I want pre covid ammo prices just as much as anybody else, but the suppliers are dictating the CPR increase. Then stores have to increase to make a profit inconvenience for the customer but that is business 101. If you see something you want at a reasonable price buy it! You can't be picky with what your willing to pay and also be upset because it's not the price you want. I'd love me some 9mm at $13-15 a box but I doubt Im getting that in the current climate.

If anything, Bi-Mart has been the anti-gouger for the past 18 months plus. In the past month, I scored 4 sleeves (400) Winchester magnum small pistol primers for $4.49 per 100, as well as a pound of IMR-4831 for $26.97 and a pound of CFE Pistol for $23.97. Good luck beating those prices anywhere in the past 6 months. Oh, and about 6 weeks ago, I scored 2 boxes of Remington 9mm 124 gr FMJ for a currently excellent price of $14.99 per box of 50.
Face it, Dennis, it ain't 2019 anymore and those 2019 prices are history.
But he recently bought tons elsewhere for a quarter each! Just ask him. I'm sure he's a shrewd negotiator :rolleyes:

No ones making you buy your ammo from bi mart. Dont like what they charge move on and quit knocking a good place that has done nothing but try and help the common shooter.
They have to buy if from there vendor at a give cost to fill there shelf if they didn't then you would be complaining why don't they have any ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top