JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to BiMart today. They had green tip for .75¢ a round in 200rd "bulk packs". I've been paying .25¢ +/- at the same location. Anyone else experience this at thier local BiMart?
My local BiMart, 122nd and NE Halsey, has the same thing. I'd mentioned it already in another thread. The Winchester .223 was $14.00 and change for a 20 box.

From a diehard capitalist's point of view, along with a heart felt belief A private concerns should be able to choose their own destiny, I find the word "price gouging" ambiguous at best, selfish and whiney at worst. At least while I still have the right to choose, or do without if needed.

I have, recently yes. Just picky on what I'm willing to pay. I'm the type who'll give the shirt off my back. I'm not the type to get taken by an ammo gouger thou!
Reason why I ask is that ammo hasn't been well priced for a while, so I was surprised you were surprised.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I hear its the price point at which their supplier/distributor passes down to them. I dont think they are actively marking up prices, I simply think prices are up across the board

From what I hear its the price point at which their supplier/distributor passes down to them. I dont think they are actively marking up prices, I simply think prices are up across the board
I know an old lady who works there. I'll ask next time I see her. I've see this elsewhere. Seeing it at BiMart about blew my mind. Plus it looked as though they packaged individual 20rd boxes cheaply in shrink wrap.

The lowest price for M855 on ammoseek is $.60 per round...if you buy a 1,000 round case...and then pay for shipping...from a company that I have never heard of. I know BiMart has been pretty good at keeping prices down during the shortage, like about the best of anyone, so the equivalent of $5.00 per 20 pack of green tip is beyond an unreasonable expectation, respectfully, imho. If you were getting it at that price at the bottom of the market hope you stocked deep. The $14.00 @Mikej quoted is pretty normal to low from what I'm seeing.

Recommendation...do not look at the classifieds here if you think BiMart is gouging. :cool:

And not even sure if the DeLorean will work. I have some 223 from back in the late 80's early 90's with price stickers of $5.89 on them! :confused:
Minimum wage of the era .
$4something ?

Here and now $12 ? And we're being told that it's gonna be $15 . In fact, you can barely get people to show up and work for less than 15 anymore.

Approximately 3 fold prices are to be expected at retail , so the math is right.

Went to BiMart today. They had green tip for .75¢ a round in 200rd "bulk packs". I've been paying .25¢ +/- at the same location. Anyone else experience this at thier local BiMart?
The only 223/5.56 ammo I have seen in the last 10 years at or close to $0.25/round is steel case by the 1000rd bulk pack. That is anywhere, not just Bi-Mart, so online, in-store, etc... I would love to see the date stamp on the receipt for $0.25/round 223/5.56. Bi-Mart has been one of the most ethical sellers of ammo in the NW during this crisis and past runs on guns and ammo. Let's not disparage them as they deserve the benefit of the doubt that the price is being dictated by their supplier and they are continuing to put their modest margin on top of it.

The ammo the OP is referring to is a 200 round pack from a company out of Bosnia called Igman Konjic. $179.97 at my local store in Gresham. Apparently, they're a big manufacturer for Europe and the Middle East. They've also had a U.S. contract for a bit. From what I've read, the ammo is legit and the quality is there.

You can get decent 5.56, including M855 for a much better price than what bi-mart is selling this at right now. However, if you need ammo right now after all this scarcity, there it is. Plus, it's M855 gt. I don't know many who are willing to pay the extra for M855 at this point though I also don't see much of a difference it makes to anyone to pay extra.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads