JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$30
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For Sale:

USMC Helmet With Cover

Appears to be the M81 Woodland Camo Cover with USMC Insignia on Front

Has Obviously seen some action :) but it is certainly useable ( if need be, for all you Preppers out There! :)) .

It has served as a Decorator Item in my Gun Room for the last 15 years or so. I think its Kinda Cool.

Meet FTF at the Cabela's Store in Tualatin.

PM if interested.

Helmet Pic !.jpeg
Helmet Pic 2.jpeg
Helmet Pic 3.jpeg
Helmet Pic 4.jpeg
Helmet Pic 5.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Yeah I'm thinking Post - Nam because of the M81 Camo Woodland Pattern but you probly know better than me.
The cover is definitely post Vietnam. That liner type was rolled out in the late 1960s and had some minor tweaking until we switched the the PASGT in the 1980s.

The helmet I'm curious about. If you could take pictures of the bale swivels (where the chinstrap attaches) and look for any numbers on the inside I could give you a better idea of when it was made. A lot of WWII helmets were refurbished and used all the way up through the 1980s.

No numbers at all on the steel pot, inside or out.

There is only one bale swivel and it looks like this:

PIC2.jpeg

There are three of these guys on the liner:

PIC1.jpeg

All signs point to Post Vietnam. The shell was most likely made in the late 60's or early 70's during the last production run of M1 helmets.

The liner is definitely late Vietnam, possibly post 1975 (there may be more markings on the liner that could give a more accurate date.)

The three attachments on the liner connect to a neckband that replaced the well known "Nape Strap" of WWII and Korea. Original neckband replacements can be found for as little as $5.

Overall it appears to be a decent example of a late 70s/early 80s M1 helmet. The USMC emblem adds to the cool factor.

I'm primarily interested in WWII (and prior) militaria. But you have a cool piece of history at a fair price so I hope it sells quickly!

All signs point to Post Vietnam. The shell was most likely made in the late 60's or early 70's during the last production run of M1 helmets.

The liner is definitely late Vietnam, possibly post 1975 (there may be more markings on the liner that could give a more accurate date.)

The three attachments on the liner connect to a neckband that replaced the well known "Nape Strap" of WWII and Korea. Original neckband replacements can be found for as little as $5.

Overall it appears to be a decent example of a late 70s/early 80s M1 helmet. The USMC emblem adds to the cool factor.

I'm primarily interested in WWII (and prior) militaria. But you have a cool piece of history at a fair price so I hope it sells quickly!
Thanks Union! Good info! Appreciate your expertise!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top