JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
1400168261430.jpg 1398982355165.jpg 1400167907351.jpg 1400167990050.jpg 1400168041742.jpg 1400168095353.jpg alright so a couple of Old ones coming out of the closet this is an extremely rare Springfield 1903 that was built by the US Army for their competition shooting school all upgrades we're done by Springfield for the US Army competition team. Including sites trigger work and some stock modification this gun comes with guns and ammo and tons of extra stripper clips. 1398982355165.jpg trade interested in hand gun trade open to shotgun trades

Last Edited:
from what I was told by the gunsmith in Dallas that specializes in it the trigger was taken down quite a bit the barrel has been upgraded to match grade as well as the site. Also it has special markings that identify it as such.

End of the muzzle? There is a pic of the stamps at the end right behind the front sight? Are you talking about the actual end of the barrel near the crown of the barrel ? If you could be more specific I would be happy to try and get you what you are looking for

I'm talking the end of the barrel stamped on the Muzzle. To see it you have to be almost looking down the bore. Any special grade barrel from the time frame of a 1928 barrel would have a Star stamped into the muzzle. The rifle which is a 1919 receiver based on the serial number is not a likely candidate to have been upgraded since they typically did that with NEW production rifles. SO I ask about the Star Stamp.

From what your photos show it appears to be a run of the mill post WWI 1903 that was run through the armory at some point. It has a S type stock which is about correct for a 1919 receiver (but when going through the armory stocks weren't kept with receivers. Basically a rifle was completely torn down the parts judged and then assembled back to spec. This was done by an assembly line type process.

It is how ever possible that when it was assembled a Star gauged barrel was put on it so I ask about the Star that would be stamped on the end of the barrel.

I'm talking the end of the barrel stamped on the Muzzle. To see it you have to be almost looking down the bore. Any special grade barrel from the time frame of a 1928 barrel would have a Star stamped into the muzzle. The rifle which is a 1919 receiver based on the serial number is not a likely candidate to have been upgraded since they typically did that with NEW production rifles. SO I ask about the Star Stamp.

From what your photos show it appears to be a run of the mill post WWI 1903 that was run through the armory at some point. It has a S type stock which is about correct for a 1919 receiver (but when going through the armory stocks weren't kept with receivers. Basically a rifle was completely torn down the parts judged and then assembled back to spec. This was done by an assembly line type process.

It is how ever possible that when it was assembled a Star gauged barrel was put on it so I ask about the Star that would be stamped on the end of the barrel.
I have a number of 03's including a Remmington that was set up for competition with Lyman peep sights and an adjustable trigger. I also have a S stock rig with a star guaged barrel. It has a stamped steel floorplate and the serial is somewhere around 68,000 which puts it squarely in the wall hanger list. Nice looking piece though! Any trades?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.