Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

WTS/WTT OR Price Drop Ultra rare1903 Springfield Army competition model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Feedback
38 / 2 / 0
1400168261430.jpg
1398982355165.jpg
1400167907351.jpg
1400167990050.jpg
1400168041742.jpg
1400168095353.jpg
alright so a couple of Old ones coming out of the closet this is an extremely rare Springfield 1903 that was built by the US Army for their competition shooting school all upgrades we're done by Springfield for the US Army competition team. Including sites trigger work and some stock modification this gun comes with guns and ammo and tons of extra stripper clips.
1398982355165.jpg
trade interested in hand gun trade open to shotgun trades

Last edited:
OP
kummje
Reactions
Feedback
38 / 2 / 0
from what I was told by the gunsmith in Dallas that specializes in it the trigger was taken down quite a bit the barrel has been upgraded to match grade as well as the site. Also it has special markings that identify it as such.

OP
kummje
Reactions
Feedback
38 / 2 / 0
End of the muzzle? There is a pic of the stamps at the end right behind the front sight? Are you talking about the actual end of the barrel near the crown of the barrel ? If you could be more specific I would be happy to try and get you what you are looking for

Reactions
Feedback
36 / 0 / 0
I'm talking the end of the barrel stamped on the Muzzle. To see it you have to be almost looking down the bore. Any special grade barrel from the time frame of a 1928 barrel would have a Star stamped into the muzzle. The rifle which is a 1919 receiver based on the serial number is not a likely candidate to have been upgraded since they typically did that with NEW production rifles. SO I ask about the Star Stamp.

From what your photos show it appears to be a run of the mill post WWI 1903 that was run through the armory at some point. It has a S type stock which is about correct for a 1919 receiver (but when going through the armory stocks weren't kept with receivers. Basically a rifle was completely torn down the parts judged and then assembled back to spec. This was done by an assembly line type process.

It is how ever possible that when it was assembled a Star gauged barrel was put on it so I ask about the Star that would be stamped on the end of the barrel.

Reactions
Feedback
27 / 0 / 0
I'm talking the end of the barrel stamped on the Muzzle. To see it you have to be almost looking down the bore. Any special grade barrel from the time frame of a 1928 barrel would have a Star stamped into the muzzle. The rifle which is a 1919 receiver based on the serial number is not a likely candidate to have been upgraded since they typically did that with NEW production rifles. SO I ask about the Star Stamp.

From what your photos show it appears to be a run of the mill post WWI 1903 that was run through the armory at some point. It has a S type stock which is about correct for a 1919 receiver (but when going through the armory stocks weren't kept with receivers. Basically a rifle was completely torn down the parts judged and then assembled back to spec. This was done by an assembly line type process.

It is how ever possible that when it was assembled a Star gauged barrel was put on it so I ask about the Star that would be stamped on the end of the barrel.
I have a number of 03's including a Remmington that was set up for competition with Lyman peep sights and an adjustable trigger. I also have a S stock rig with a star guaged barrel. It has a stamped steel floorplate and the serial is somewhere around 68,000 which puts it squarely in the wall hanger list. Nice looking piece though! Any trades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATEST REVIEWS

• Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    One more that Jeremy did for me. This is my edc This is a Kahr K9 that also had to be redone
    • jg rider
  • NW Custom Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Had several transfers; purchase I'm happy with. Will continue to use.
    • Reacher120
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I use Lucky Sporting Goods for my work related transfers and consignment sales. Jeremy is fast and friendly.
    • withoutremorse

Staff online