JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1100
Manufacturer
Ruger
Caliber
308 Winchester
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Hello friends!

For sale today is a fully kitted out Ruger American Hunter (in the Magpul Hunter stock). I put a fair amount of thought and care into making this a really effective long range hunting platform (for a 308) and it is an absolute joy to shoot. It's just too heavy. I thought I wanted heavier, tbh. I had a 6 lb set up with a TC Compass II that was ideal for lugging around the backcountry, but that barreled action just wasn't what I wanted, so I upgraded to the Ruger American.

But! All in, this system weighs 12.6 lbs. At that weight, you can easily spot your shots and even see trace out at 800 yards. It's a WHOLE lot of fun. I even purchased a Ruger 20 MOA rail to replace the 0 MOA that's stock on the rifle JUST to get a little extra performance out to 1000 yards from the Diamondback Tactical.

But after a few weekend trips into the forests of Mt Hood to train with this rifle, I realized that I just don't have the fitness/strength level to reliably hunt with a 12.6 lb rifle set up. I never installed that 20 MOA rail... and the rifle has only gone to the range a few times to load test, since. If you're primarily hunting out of a blind? This rifle is DEFINITELY your friend.

So! My foolishness is your gain, folks!

What you get:

Ruger American Hunter in .308 Winchester (model #26993, https://ruger.com/products/americanRifleHunter/specSheets/26993.html) - MSRP $1019, street price before shipping and fees is more like $750
Vortex Diamondback Tactical FFP 6-25x50 (https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-diamondback-tactical-6-24x50-ffp-riflescope.html) - MSRP $599, street price $399
Vortix Defender Flip Caps - $48 or so just about anywhere that has em in stock
UTG Recon 360 M-LOK Bipod, 8"-12" - $70 rn
Leupold Open Range cross slot medium rings (what's on it now) - going for $50 right now
Vortex Pro Series High Rings (Had these at first, but opted for medium) - pretty reliably $80 everywhere
Magpul MS1 Padded Sling - I paid $47... it seems like it fluxes between $47-50, depending on the day
Magpul QD sling swivel x2
Magpul M-LOK QD attachment
Magpul QD cup
M Carbo Trigger Spring (got it tuned down to 2.5 lbs)

Shooting 10 shot groups (I know I should do more to get truly reliable data, but I'm not swimming in money here), it seems to like Hornady 150/165 gr Interlocks, Federal Fusion 150/165 gr, Hornady Superformance CX 165gr, Barnes VOR-TX TTSX 150/168 all pretty solidly... these were all reliably MOA factory loads at 100 yards. It didn't really care for Remington Core Lokt Tipped (I was seeing 1.5-1.7" 10 shot strings) or Hornady Precision Hunter (1.3-1.5" 10 shot groups)

It absolutely LOVED cheap 147 gr FMJs from Winchester. Seriously, that was probably the best group it shot (I didn't test any match ammo) at like .85" over a 10 shot string. The heavy barrel really makes for an efficient day at the range. I could bang out 10 shot groups with 30-45 seconds between each shot and the barrel was just BARELY too warm at the end of the string.

It's got about 300 rounds through it between zeroing, a long range day, and load testing. The action is nice and smooth, it feeds reliably, and has given me zero issues.

Ok!

So, I'm all in on this rifle for just over $1,500.

I'm asking for $1,300 in cash OR a Savage 110 Ultralite in 308 Win plus cash/accessories to match value in trade. (After a gently used discount, I'm basically gonna toss in the 20 MOA rail and the Vortex Rings for free)

To be honest, folks - that 110 Ultralite is probably the only trade I would consider... unless you've got something with a similar feature set, similar weight, similar price range and you're interested in a highly modular long range heavy system. The only other thing I'd consider is a 110 Ultralite (or similar rifle) in 6.5 PRC/7 PRC/280 AI/7 Rem Mag WITH ammo (I can bring a LOT of 308 Win ammo to balance the scales, if we need to)

As always, I am perfectly willing to negotiate - within reason.

Thanks for stopping by - take care, folks!

IMG_20230109_105725.jpg IMG_20230109_105445__01.jpg IMG_20230109_105805.jpg IMG_20230109_105643.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
As a quick aside - I AM willing to sell the rifle w/o the scope, if y'all wanna use your own.

So, for $850 - I'll sell you the rifle with the QD accessories and the bipod still installed.

Thanks friends!

Hey folks!

Final price drop for the whole package - $1,100 (basically the cost of the rifle and the scope w/everything else coming along for free)

Rifle plus currently attached accessories except scope - $800

I'll hold it here indefinitely - if the listing is up, it's all still for sale.

Take care, friends!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.