JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone give me a idea on what a standard (original model, not g2,etc) TC Contender with a thumbhole stock and 24" Bullberry .223 barrel would be worth? Usual wear, bore looks perfect.

Sold my last contender pistol for $425, but never seen what the carbines go for.

Thanks for the help.

As an all Thompson Carbine, in .223 in good shape, dealers have them on tables at shows in the $500-550 range. (Adjust what you'd pay accordingly).
Bullberry is amongst the best of the after-market barrels for Contenders, and those barrels come with an accuracy guarantee if the Bullberry forearm-hanging system is used. The thumbhole stock interests me, as I'm not sure that is a Thompson offering. Could be a Bullberry stock (they do wood too), or a "Fox Ridge" stock (they are sort of the "Thompson Custom Shop"- closely affiliated with Thompson).

My familiarity with Bullberry includes a 15" braked Contender barrel in their .25 Bullberry (a 30-30 necked to .25 with a sharp shoulder). Bullberry wood is a knockout on this gun, and I found their 1" or better guarantee for accuracy more than fulfilled in this pistol. A fine Pronghorn buck died with sagebrush still in his mouth, taken with this pistol at 175 yds. Another barrel from Bullberry I purchased is a 21" carbine barrel, .75" diameter (no taper) to the muzzle, chambered in the .221 Fireball. Again, the accuracy guarantee easily met.

My third Bullberry barrel is in .22WMR, also a 21" Carbine, .75" dia. The .22 Magnum is famous for not shooting extremeley accurately, and I had my doubts that Bullberry would be up to the task with this cartridge. No worries.
I'd say the Bullberry barrel on your carbine adds at least $50, perhaps $75 to the price of an all-Thompson carbine. If the barrel only comes up for sale, I'd be an interested party.

I appreciate the info. And the stock is a Bishop. Here is a pic.

dscn0638.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews