JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
In 1995 I purchased a bright stainless Gold Cup National Match Enhanced. Fired approx.
2500 rounds through it. Had the top end gone over by a very good gunsmith as the pin came out of the barrel toggle, he also checked it out overall. Unfortunately the frame cracked from the trigger cutout down the sides of the trigger quard. Sent to Colt who replaced the frame with a current Gold Cup Trophy with associated parts. Brought the gun up to spec and did a complete high brite polish to the whole gun, except the top of slide which is matte. Sent back once to get the trigger adjusted and it now breaks clean. I put 100 rounds of WWB with not malfunctions. Comes with two modified factory matching magazines (checkmates). I put stainless dimpled followers and springs.
Comes with Blue plastic box and all paperwork and tool.
What would the gun be worth in it's current form? Any information or opinions appreciated.
rhtwist

This is going to be tough without actually looking at the gun and seeing the mods, updates, & repairs. Generally one can look at a gunsmith's work and tell by his/her work how good they are...and this plays into the total value equation. It could raise the value significantly or worse make it less valuable depending upon who did the work and how well they did it. If it is a major nationally known gunsmith like Brown, Baer, Novak, or Wilson for example then it could be significantly more. If it is Bob Jones in Pumphandle, WA then doubtful it will help the value unless the work is extremely well done.

Also each region price and values change...this pistol might be worth more or less in a different market.

So to get you in a general ball park range - by 1995 the GC was starting to lose some of it's appeal to the market because of all the other high end guns coming out on the market. It was discontinued from production in 1996 and was re-released as the Trophy in '97. A later stainless Gold Cup MkIV S80 NM is around $600 to $775 with $70 added for the "Ultimate" bright SS finish - assuming it has this. This is going to be the price range (plus/minus 10-15%) you'd get from a dealer if you took it in for trade...if you sold it through a third party you could probably get more.

Again...this is only an academic value as we cannot see the gun. I'm also giving you a caveat as my general ball park could be way off...

Thanks for your effort. I'll try to post some pictures. All the work was done by Colt and it looks new. The finish is bright polish is all over except for the top of the slide and serrated rib. Again its' a National Match Top on a new Trophy frame, and I returned it because the trigger (now aluminum) had too much creep and didn't break as well as the original. Now it does. Have to borrow a camera.
Take care...
rhtwist

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews