Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Preview

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by enjr4, Apr 30, 2014.

1. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

How do I set up a preview function? On all other forums I belong to when you move the mouse pointer over the thread title you get a preview of the first post. You don't have to open to see the first few lines of the thread. Makes it easy to skip threads I am not interested in.

Do I need to set something to make this happen; or, is this function not available on this site????

Ed

2. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Hmmm .. just wait until you find out that you can't delete threads that you've started!:oops:

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hmm, works for me...

Which browser are you using?

4. enjr4

enjr4 Renton, WA Active Member

OK, my usual browser is Chrome. Just tried using the forum with Explorer and it works as it should. And, I now remember that it used to work in Chrome. So some setting in Chrome or in this new computer I just got for my birthday (Windows 8.1, which I am having trouble getting used to).

So, my problem has something with my Chrome or computer settings. I have no idea what however.

Any power users out there that can tell me what I have set wrong??

Ed

5. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Works fine for me on Chrome (win7/chrome 34.0.1847.131 m). I wish I could turn it off! :)

You do have to hover the mouse over the title and it takes a second or two (you'll see a 'loading' dialog then the summary).

6. Phrank

Phrank Forest Grove Active Member

I personally find this "feature" insanely annoying. To each their own.

Don H likes this.