JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey guys, I wanted to share with you some exciting news, we have a live beta of both the design and the software we'll be using for the new NWFA up and running. This is what I would consider an early beta stage, right now I'm hoping to launch the new NWFA on March 1.

Feel free to post, create threads, upload pics, avatars, videos, etc. and let me know what you think.

Please note that if you register, you're registering for our sister site, Southwest Firearms, which at this time we're using for the purpose of testing our new websites. Your NWFA login credentials will not work over there.

Once the new site is launched everything from this current site will be transferred, including user accounts, threads, posts, trade ratings, etc. You will not need to re-register here.

Click here to visit the new site.

We look forward to your input!

Thanks Joe, I like the format. However some have a hard time with change.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason we're switching is for ongoing support from the software developer. It just so happens this new software is better, faster, more secure, and more user-friendly. We designed the style to both freshen up the look of the site, but also function as closely as possible to this existing site. I think we did a pretty good job, considering every single line of code has changed.

Looks good, I like the new software. Also, you can link directly to the Northwest Firearms style like this: http://www.southwestfirearms.com/misc/style?style_id=3

Thanks! Updated the first post.

I think it looks great....great job Joe and NWF!

We appreciate your hard work.

Thank you!

For starters it does look nice. The only problem is that 2 years ago (or so) when it changed to the most recent format we lost count of post, trade ratings, among other things. About the time we get used to something it seems we are changing to the "latest greatest" software. Sometimes sticking with what works is best.
That being said, your hard work is appreciated.

For starters it does look nice. The only problem is that 2 years ago (or so) when it changed to the most recent format we lost count of post, trade ratings, among other things. About the time we get used to something it seems we are changing to the "latest greatest" software. Sometimes sticking with what works is best.
That being said, your hard work is appreciated.

Thank you for this, I remember that like it was yesterday. I have been assured by the developers (which I hired, rather than doing this myself) that everything will migrate smoothly and we will lose nothing. That was one of my initial and absolute requirements. The reason for the switch is primarily due to this software becoming unsupported by the people who wrote it, so if we have a problem we're on our own. The second reason is the site was in bad need of a redesign so we could build new resources for the members, as well as update the look. The reason we're switching to the latest and greatest is because I believe in doing things right the first time, and I want NWFA to be the best.

Great job Joe!
I really like the new look. It looks like it will be easier to use.
Thanks for all you for this forum.

Pete

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews