JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd focus on bolt guns and pick up a couple extra rem 700 Bighorn Origin actions, some extra bolt heads, a bunch of prefit barrels, and an AG Composites stock or two. That's about it. I already have redundant parts for other things...

God, just imagine all those caches of firearms and ammo that'll be buried in bunkers all over America when the 80+ generation die waiting for the next revolution having never shot a single bullet In anger.
It'll be like metal detector hunting at the beach…'cept it'll be metal detector hunting in rural Montana/Idaho.

I would start a black market ring!
Pssst!

Looking for an AK firing pin bud?

hady-character-hiding-shadows-next-260nw-180125105.jpg

I would sell some firearms and firearm parts before such a ban took effect, that's for sure. I only need so much gear for self defense. The rest is a hobby, and like other material possessions I don't love them. I enjoy finding an unusual item, owning it, and then eventually rotating my small collection. If that was going to become impossible I wouldn't want to get stuck with extra gear encumbering me.

This.

I already did this - downsized.

Caliber consolidation and massive downsizing was done by my husband and me over the years but it was NOT due to ANY TYPE of of BAN or RESTRICTION DEAL which may or may not come down the road. IT was not due to ANY political reason.

It was not due to any reason other than keeping things more simple in reloading stock, his/her ammunition supplies in RF (22lr and 22wmr) and a bit of 30-30 Winchester and 45acp, some physical issues, change of taste in some firearms, no more handgun shooting for me, etc. The rest gets reloaded when needed. He reloads. I never did reload.

I am INTERESTED in keeping his supplies up to snuff even when we have downsized or used more items in one caliber versus another as HIS wants/needs change in ALL of his shooting sports, hunting, hiking and in keeping up his self defense skills. My WANTS and needs are far, far less as time goes on too!

We sold some extra RN RF ammunition to a friend of ours and used that money to increase my husband's HP RF ammo too.

I personally do NOT trust the Ds or the Rs in any RKBA issue.

With that said, I am NOT planning on WW3 or a Civil War.

Do I believe that MORE civil unrest and crazy land politics will continue in BOTH parties? Yes.

Meanwhile most Americans are sick and tired of the R/L and L/R salami and stupid policies from a to z.

They want a sane leader who is responsible who does not FLIP FLOP aka LIE all over the place every 5 minutes to one hour to a week or more.

People are sick and tired of the CHAOS for ALL of these years and years on end!

Right now, my trash collection man is MORE RELIABLE, sane, a good driver, a good trash collector - clean, and responsible than the idiots in power in D.C. and across the country.

With the crazy inflation and other fake/real shortages in ALL products and with the constant 24/7 amount of fear mongering which has made many people just plain NUTS - it would be a good thing to be prepared and stay that way.

With that said, MY idea of being prepared with or without any type of POLITICAL reason is a lot different than some other people including what I have on hand to what my husband has on hand.

I figure to each their own. We say, "Use it or lose it!" KEEP some extra on hand but be balanced in all things.

FEAR sells. Fake/real 'shortages' don't help either. Throw in all of the other reasons there too.

Take care!

Cate

It's a hobby as well as a right and I exercise the hell out of it, but I'm never gonna be one of those people that thinks every little thing is an infringement. I'm ok with automatic weapons not being readily available to anyone who wants it just cause the 2A said no infringement when the most powerful weapon was a musket.
Wow! I do know some people who do agree with you and I have seen this written HERE on this forum and elsewhere since the late 90's online. I have seen it before the WWWeb was popular for home use too. In newspapers, magazines and in books.

I totally disagree with you there. I don't want or even LIKE a lot of types of guns (Their looks and too many do dads on them.) even though I have shot several of them including my former sheriff's UZI at the range in a full automatic mode.

He was not the Sheriff at the time as I have mentioned before. Long story, I did not know him but I was with someone who did know him at our range. Good conservative - pro gun man. He and my friend stood on each side of me and explained how to operate the UZI. It was fun and a learning experience but would I want to own one or shoot it a lot? NO. But I LOVED getting to try it out, something NEW and what I saw in some movies, and I am forever grateful that a stranger ASKED ME if I would like to shoot his gun. I was shooting s/a and d/a revolvers (?) and maybe a lever action rifle (?) on that day. Former guns of mine.

You can murder a person with a single shot 22lr rifle just as much as you can with a semi or full automatic rifle. That is if you had FULL INTENTIONS of doing the dirty deed.

You can SAVE a life using a single shot rifle or a semi or fully automatic rifle too.

IT is not the inanimate object - it is the breathing human being with a pulse who decides to do a dirty deed or to SAVE A LIFE or his comrades in arms or he could be the only man to the rescue in saving a bunch of kids, a bunch of other people or to STOP some super crime involving murder being committed by one or more people.

I believe that ALL types of firearms, knives and axes should be legal as in 'arms'.

I personally do NOT believe that biological and chemical warfare should be used in war. They can be classified as 'ARMS' but I think that they should not be used just like land mines in this day and age. I do know that many people dislike that idea of MINE but to each their own.

People can make home made things that could be considered biological and chemical warfare from what I gather but I am against THEM doing that too. MAKING WARFARE ITEMS. BUT those things that are mainly USED FOR OTHER NORMAL THINGS should be for SALE and available for home/ranch/farm/business use.
I do NOT believe that fully made - completed b and c warfare items should be for sale - PERIOD. NOT to individuals and not to countries. I think that they should be abolished.

Besides unless a BUNCH of U.S. military people are shooting down or destroying drones that a country like Communist China could attack us with while China, other countries - enemies of ours and even SOME of our OWN IDIOTS - scientists who are TRAITORS to this country (MY opinion.) are making at Fort Detrick, MD and across this nation when it comes to biological and chemical - we are screwed. They can dump their S into a water supply to you name it. They can spread all kinds of crapola and spray down the country if needed. So you have enemies that are foreign and you have enemies IN this country that are willing to destroy it - burn it down all FOR the almighty dollar, to lower the population, for power - control freaks and for the Great Reset.

So when old Bannon discussed his SCORCHED EARTH method and PLANS in many ways as a so called R - he was just as bad as a D with their own scorched earth plans and with THEIR far left civil unrest 24/7 in west coast cities and all across this nation. (He had a few good ideas and then HE went all into la la land.)

Who needs the foreign enemies when you have them LIVING stateside and ADVISING, running campaigns and others (ANTI GUN Daughter/Son in Law - Ds who became Rs and MANY on the L including Ds like HUNTER BIDEN, Kerry's son by his marriage to the HEINZ RICH WOMAN or his own FORMER wife, etc. too.) whispering in R and D ears while the OTHER men/women behind the scenes are pulling the strings in one big cluster you know what?!

IT is all smoke and mirrors but people will only see the other side as their enemy or being wrong while their own side is just as bad and in some things even worse. They put their leaders UP there like 'gods' and say that they can do NO wrong like some cult figure. The R and the L do this and meanwhile GUN FOLKS CONTINUE TO EAT THEIR OWN and do not join together in preserving ALL TYPES OF GUNS for all people.

IF they ban 1 gun - they can ban ALL OF THEM.

IF they ban a gun part or magazine if you use them or a scope or whatever when it comes to gun items - they can BAN or RESTRICT all of them.

That goes for knives, 'hawks, axes, etc.

Do you want a cannon on your farm field and be able to shoot it safely without starting forest or field fires?

Have at it!

Black powder muskets which I do LOVE but do not own one can start fires in some conditions and some places will NOT allow them to be shot during specific times of years. Fact not fiction - this is at our range and others too.

But you can still shoot your smokeless fully automatic, semi automatic, single shots, shotguns, s/a and d/a revolvers, etc.

Years ago, a man who bought the white brick house down another township road - south of me which was the back side of my brick house (Former state in farm/lake country.) started a FIELD FIRE shooting a black powder revolver. That grass fire was put out but that man NEVER DID THAT AGAIN and even though that was a WET - VERY WET CLIMATE with Northeasters coming from the East Coast and Canadian lake front storms - poop happens. Plus he was pretty stupid doing that during that time of year with high grass, high wheat, high corn, etc. growing.

Old Lady Cate

As far as a mental exercise ( per OP),
I take it as a way to assess whether you have or are actively pursuing the things you really want.
Personally, I can't answer that question. I get distracted and also tend to buy things on impulse that serve no serious purpose. Hobby is an accurate description of my relationship with firearms.
My relationship with firearms starts with 2 simple things first and foremost.

The RKBA issue is #1.

The self defense issue is #2.

AFTER I got into firearms, I discovered that I really, really LIKED TO SHOOT - often and a lot!

Plus I discovered other things in the shooting sports world and some competition.

Becoming a proficient shooter.

OMG! I used to save ALL OF MY TARGETS and my late husband, some of my/our peace officer friends, other military buddies of mine and my late husband (Ones he served with and others.) would be SHOWN them too. I was trying to learn and showed them my PROGESS! Plus they were actually INTERESTED and encouraged ME in all ways especially my husband and one Marine and one LE close friend.

I marked the dates on them, they were called my perp paper targets by me, the weather, the distance, the gun, the ammo, etc. Whether I shot at my outdoor Sportsman's Club in farm country, elsewhere outdoors, at my indoor range next to my former gun store, etc. I could have started a PULP mill! LOL

Going to clubs, ranges and in the great outdoors IN my former state, in closer states and in far away states shooting in different types of terrain and meeting ALL KINDS OF NICE and smart people. FUN times!

IT was kind of like the sail boat and power boat people that I knew very well and other swimmers and beach people on the seashore, ocean, lake and even some rivers.

I did not choose firearms for hunting although I have nothing against that and I do eat some hunted meat.

I would rather fish. I would rather SWIM than fish too. LOL

I have gone on some hunts but I only like short hunts - time wise like for grouse and NOT long days/nights out hiking in the cold, icy or snowy weather. Besides I use a cane on and off now so I will NOT be on some ice covered mountain side when daylight is FADING and you stop for the day. LOL My husband knows this so when I go with him it is for nature drives, some hunting, real estate looking gets thrown in sometimes plus he usually SEES more animals and GROUSE when I am with him in his truck, driving along some off the beaten path road, woods/wilderness, etc.

Take care.

Cate

I agree with everything except the small collection part.
I'd be using December to get guns and ammo to family and friends I was going to will them to after I kick. At least I'd get to see them (hopefully) enjoy them as much as I do.
I believe that if you are going to GIFT some firearms to friends or relatives or to a range/club so Newbies of all ages can learn to shoot safely - DO IT WHILE YOU ARE ALIVE especially if you are middle aged or elderly.
You can gift something to your baby or kid as a young Father or Mother too.

Anyway, we have been gifting several items and selling some other items as I have previously stated.

I gifted a very NICE item, not a gun, to a close friend of mine while he was here visiting us. I did not have to ship it to him.

What doesn't go to close friends gun wise - it gets sold and the money goes to keep up Glacier National Park. HIS relatives already got their GUN gifts a LONG time ago by my MT husband. I have no children. My older brother and older sister are much older than I am @ 71 years old.

Take care.

Cate

Or one could buy more of the same guns; two is one, one is none, best buy three. A layered defense.

And a good excuse to have more guns.
My MT husband and I have done this in the PAST with handguns and rifles and we have done it recently too.

He did not need an excuse. LOL Just kidding you here.

I wanted to get him a duplicate of one of HIS specific guns in all ways (Same brand, same caliber, model, etc.) and he sold one other gun that was a duplicate in another brand name/model/caliber due to his changing lifestyle, hands and AGE.

My wonderful FFL man here in MT finally found one from his distributors and CALLED US. It was an anniversary gift from me to him - money wise. Meanwhile my FFL man who is a FRIEND of ours got the other gun that my husband wanted to sell in a sale too.

Thank you B!

Cate

If I had to buy something, putting a few quality LPK's and BCG's and mainsprings in the safe makes sense. Buying ammo when it's reasonable is never a bad idea.

If we're heading into times as described, IMHO the most important and valuable thing you can have is OPSEC. Don't make yourself a target. Prepare, stock up, and shut up. One guy's opinion....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top