JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW- A pissed off, well equipped American infantry squad is a terrible thing to behold.

;)
Not so. I work on JBLM in WA. Went pushed out 2-2 INF to NTC. Had more broke equipment than I could count. Towed broken Strykers in for the rail loading. Now the troops were all undisciplined schmucks with a fair amount of female infantry. This isn't your pre-Woke Army anymore.

Not so. I work on JBLM in WA. Went pushed out 2-2 INF to NTC. Had more broke equipment than I could count. Towed broken Strykers in for the rail loading. Now the troops were all undisciplined schmucks with a fair amount of female infantry. This isn't your pre-Woke Army anymore.
That's a bummer, and that's a direct indication the NCO corps for THAT unit is lacking. For sure we had our share of dip-dunks, but they were culled out of our ranks pretty quick. We only accepted people who WANTED to be there, all others were reassigned and/or "motivated" by a (let's just say) living hell every waking moment.

Our NCO's during my time were tirelessly merciless, the relative few who weren't always wound up on profile and quietly (and sometimes not so quietly) transferred out.

With the amount of threads dedicated to wholly hypotheticals focused on bans seems like quite a few people almost want it to happen. Yet we all still have massive arsenals at our disposal and the freedom to shoot them daily if we please even on our own land. What's with the obsession with the extreme when we aren't even close to it?
Why do people love zombie movies?

Human nature , I spose

Um...NO.

Look, I can barely keep up with the changes to the REAL laws, let alone trying to play the hypothetical, doom and gloom, apocalypse games.

The scenario you propose is akin to banning all firearms. If guns are protected under 2A then so is ammo and the parts/components needed to use those firearms and keep them running.

Banning magazines, for example, is fundamentally the same as banning the guns themselves since a gun without a magazine is damn near useless.

Further, if the government attempted to do what you propose, then it would be time to start using your guns to ensure that they did not. Because, again, it's the same thing, essentially, as banning 2A all together.

Spend your time worrying about what we know the tyrants are going after...
  • "Assault weapons" (their word not mine)
  • Large capacity magazines (again, their language)
  • Silencers
  • And I'll add Ammo to this list but not because the government has tried any type of wide scale ammo ban in recent years but because we've seen massive shortages, multiple times in the last decade. And I know they went after Green Tips awhile back but they didn't try to ban all 5.56/.223 ammo. And by all means stock Green Tips if you feel they are under threat.
Spend your time making sure you have all of the above that you need for you and yours. You can add anything else that you LEGITIMATELY think is at risk, as different states may be going after different things.

As far as a mental exercise ( per OP),
I take it as a way to assess whether you have or are actively pursuing the things you really want.
Personally, I can't answer that question. I get distracted and also tend to buy things on impulse that serve no serious purpose. Hobby is an accurate description of my relationship with firearms.

It's a hobby as well as a right and I exercise the hell out of it, but I'm never gonna be one of those people that thinks every little thing is an infringement. I'm ok with automatic weapons not being readily available to anyone who wants it just cause the 2A said no infringement when the most powerful weapon was a musket.
I like the concept of rights well enough. I don't know what exercising rights actually means to everyone. Safe to assume it's different for each individual. If I happen to break a law while doing whatever I want, the argument could be made that I'm simply exercising my rights.

I'm talking about driving fast on a daily basis, here. Not isolating ricin from castor beans.

images.jpeg-29.jpg

That's fair it is normal to creatively
Think on things, I suppose
A mega thread or something be appropriate to the ten plus I've seen archived here that all seem to have the same content and people saying the same things.
Yeah, it's kinda like the same half dozen old timers drinking coffee in McDonald's every morning.

You know there's a John Deer vs cub cadet riding mower mega thread in their world.

Every time I see a full bin of ar bolt carrier groups, I feel like I'm looking at bitcoin on the ground floor. I don't even shoot ARs . It's just got an investment opportunity look.
Could be. They shot up from less than $70 to $200 if you could find them at all. I admit I bought one at $200 because it was the right color for my build. That's it. Color alone cost me a heck of a premium.

This is the same argument that leads to people thinking (wrongly) that the 2A should allow you to own a tank, or Cruz missle system, or chemical weapons. The 2A doesn't say I can't own land mines, so it's an infringement that I can't…
With the amount of threads dedicated to wholly hypotheticals focused on bans seems like quite a few people almost want it to happen. Yet we all still have massive arsenals at our disposal and the freedom to shoot them daily if we please even on our own land. What's with the obsession with the extreme when we aren't even close to it? Might even be true that some spend more time talking about hypotheticals than they do enjoying shooting or learning more about shooting. When did the 2A culture become such a circle jerk of end times and ban fantasies?
But you can own tanks and cannons and if you look under most kitchen sinks you have the supplies to make chemical weapons so what's your point. Cruz missile system take a little more paper work but who do you think makes them for the military private companies owned by private people they are not all owned by government agencies.

As far as muskets being the only thing owned who do you think owned the cannons they were privately purchased and owned and there were also multi barreled guns.

As far as how you believe on the second amendment, I am happy for you because that's what makes America great is the fact that you can believe what you want and how you want and I can totally disagree and we will just have to agree to disagree but I think we can still be friends.

But I am happy at least the first amendment was allowed to change and grow to use more modern equipment because doing a forum with ink and pen on parchment paper would take forever. I mean delivering the mail on horse back would be a real time consumer, it would take months to hear your opinion along with others and you mine.

I am sorry you do not like what if scenarios or the end of the world scenarios because I do, I mean I really do and it makes me sad, we cannot share something I love to talk about.

You see in talking about them and how devastating they can be with food shortages, water shortage and part shortages for your favorite firearm to hunt food and defend your self with I am hoping folks will take notice and not allow something like it to happen because we were allowed to talk about it openly and honestly and not be criticized for it.

But in today's society that does not seem to be the way there just seems to be so much hate in the world for differing opinions, don't you agree.

I find the same thing on some motorcycle forums as I ride a Kawasaki 1000 Versys and the Harley guys really have a tough time with it. Just saying.

Last Edited:
I would sell some firearms and firearm parts before such a ban took effect, that's for sure. I only need so much gear for self defense. The rest is a hobby, and like other material possessions I don't love them. I enjoy finding an unusual item, owning it, and then eventually rotating my small collection. If that was going to become impossible I wouldn't want to get stuck with extra gear encumbering me.
I agree with everything except the small collection part.
I'd be using December to get guns and ammo to family and friends I was going to will them to after I kick. At least I'd get to see them (hopefully) enjoy them as much as I do.

Last Edited:
I would learn machining right quick! Whatever parts i cannot find or buy, i will machine that part.
And, of course, reloading components as many have stated.

With the amount of threads dedicated to wholly hypotheticals focused on bans seems like quite a few people almost want it to happen. Yet we all still have massive arsenals at our disposal and the freedom to shoot them daily if we please even on our own land. What's with the obsession with the extreme when we aren't even close to it? Might even be true that some spend more time talking about hypotheticals than they do enjoying shooting or learning more about shooting. When did the 2A culture become such a circle jerk of end times and ban fantasies?
When you have a problem with rats do you attack them from the beginning or do you wait for them to become a full blown infestation. I would advise not waiting for them to become a full blown infestation. We have plenty of rats here already with NFA, GCA and they myriad of State restrictions. I see no reason to accept those rats because I can still shoot in some places.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top