JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The trouble with pushing is you lose the help of gravity.

I have all kinds of presses, and, seating a primer is much easier on the downstroke with a better "feel" on my Redding than when pushing on my Dillon.

The real work gets done near the end of the stroke - seating, crimping, full-length resizing. Much easier pushing "down".

Food for thought

Reloading presses have been available since the beginning of (reloading) time. Some are loading on presses that are well over 50 years old. In all that time they have all taken on some similarities due to "what works" and what doesn't". They all use handles that do the heavy work when pressed down.

As for rodell's note on priming, I don't really notice an issue on my Dillon when priming on the "Push". Maybe it's that 200# behind the "push". For rounds I don't load on the Dillon I prefer to hand prime using a LEE Auto Prime. Gives me something else to do while watching evening TV.

Early Pacific C presses can be easily switched from down stroke to up stroke.Some people prefered the upstroke for priming and for loading smaller cases that dont need a great deal of leverage...Robin

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top