Presses with an upswing?

Reactions
The trouble with pushing is you lose the help of gravity.

I have all kinds of presses, and, seating a primer is much easier on the downstroke with a better "feel" on my Redding than when pushing on my Dillon.

The real work gets done near the end of the stroke - seating, crimping, full-length resizing. Much easier pushing "down".

Reactions
Food for thought

Reloading presses have been available since the beginning of (reloading) time. Some are loading on presses that are well over 50 years old. In all that time they have all taken on some similarities due to "what works" and what doesn't". They all use handles that do the heavy work when pressed down.

As for rodell's note on priming, I don't really notice an issue on my Dillon when priming on the "Push". Maybe it's that 200# behind the "push". For rounds I don't load on the Dillon I prefer to hand prime using a LEE Auto Prime. Gives me something else to do while watching evening TV.

Reactions
Early Pacific C presses can be easily switched from down stroke to up stroke.Some people prefered the upstroke for priming and for loading smaller cases that dont need a great deal of leverage...Robin

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• 36 Pit
    4.00 star(s)
    Went here this morning. This was my first time shooting on public land in Oregon. The guys from Trash No Land were there as well as other...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good prices, interesting items
    I like taking a drive through farm country to this spot... nice selection.
    • kbf64
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
Top Bottom