JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At least that's the way it was in 1986 when the Hughes amendment passed, you were good to submit F1's for new full auto guns right up until the date.

but they're not legally required to follow this practice. technically, they can simply withhold
the transfer which are pending since a formal decision hadn't been rendered so I would
wager that 'ex-post facto' wouldn't have occurred.

what is rational, pattern or precedent doesn't apply in politics when the other side is looking
for the almighty WIN

more details

More bullpuckey feel-good legislation that will have no impact on gun crime and only disenfranchise the lawful gun owner. Will reduce the availability of even more guns. Will open more ways for them to add even more restrictions.

The war is lost, people. Even if he gets punted from office the tide has turned. Tout your 'we got more positive gun laws on the books than in the past 20 years' and look at just how restrictive purchases are becoming. We'll be like Mexico soon at this rate; .22s and 12ga only.

There is a good conversation going on here about this very subject:

It's Official: CLEO Certification To Be Required For Trusts/Corps - AR15.COM

It's misleading to post that as they are just entering that preliminary stage prior to the
official "Notice of Proposed Rulemaking" after which there is a window period for public
comments (roughly several months). Then the feds will decide if they wish to modify
the proposal any, relax or tighten specific areas and requirements, render their decision
and announce the regulation's effective date.

This, under traditional timelines, means that you still have weeks/months to write your
congress people, BATF, etc and give them an earful. I'm a little cynical and believe
they've already made up their minds and the window period portrays them as listening
to us in good faith [sic]. You've see how angry Obama was when Congress failed to
pass any substantive gun control post-tragedies. This is his way of giving everyone
the finger.

Alright, that's it. The last thing I "need" in my trust is a rimfire suppressor, I'm going to go buy one this week. Selling some stuff to fund the purchase; anyone want a Remington 870?

This makes me wonder............If one lives in an area where the CLEO will sign off and you are willing to go through the fingerprints, sign off etc........

What's to stop someone from removing everyone but 1 person from the trust they are using? Then, after transfer, add everyone back to 'streamline' the process.....the more I think about this, the more it appears this new 'rule' change solves nothing. Honestly this is exactly what I would/will do. Not to circumvent the law, but to make dealing with the bureaucracy the most palletable.

This makes me wonder............If one lives in an area where the CLEO will sign off and you are willing to go through the fingerprints, sign off etc........

What's to stop someone from removing everyone but 1 person from the trust they are using? Then, after transfer, add everyone back to 'streamline' the process.....the more I think about this, the more it appears this new 'rule' change solves nothing. Honestly this is exactly what I would/will do. Not to circumvent the law, but to make dealing with the bureaucracy the most palletable.

Capital idea!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads