Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

President to change NFA rules announced.

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by Eludnu, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Eludnu

Eludnu Oregon Member

2. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I assume it will only apply to applications received after the effective date, which is at least 90 days away. Get your trust applications in now!

3. Modeler

At least that's the way it was in 1986 when the Hughes amendment passed, you were good to submit F1's for new full auto guns right up until the date.

4. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

That's right, so many felons are buying $$$$ NFA firearms to commit crime it only makes sense to require fingerprint background checks for everyone. NOT

Fumes, Dunerunner, chariot13 and 5 others like this.
  5. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

but they're not legally required to follow this practice. technically, they can simply withhold
    the transfer which are pending since a formal decision hadn't been rendered so I would
    wager that 'ex-post facto' wouldn't have occurred.

what is rational, pattern or precedent doesn't apply in politics when the other side is looking
    for the almighty WIN

more details

6. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

More bullpuckey feel-good legislation that will have no impact on gun crime and only disenfranchise the lawful gun owner. Will reduce the availability of even more guns. Will open more ways for them to add even more restrictions.

The war is lost, people. Even if he gets punted from office the tide has turned. Tout your 'we got more positive gun laws on the books than in the past 20 years' and look at just how restrictive purchases are becoming. We'll be like Mexico soon at this rate; .22s and 12ga only.

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

This isn't legislation... It's an executive order. We are definitely under a soft tyranny.

8. Modeler

Eventually he'll figure out how to ban all the other imports by EO. Glocks, CZ's, Saigas...

9. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This crap sucks. Just what we need, more NFA rules.

10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

This is a step toward more restrictive gun control for everything, wait for it. Many believe those firearms covered by NFA rules are illegal already.

chariot13 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

That's only because they are misinformed. Some believe in aliens, ghosts and/or the easter bunny.

12. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

13. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

It's misleading to post that as they are just entering that preliminary stage prior to the
    official "Notice of Proposed Rulemaking" after which there is a window period for public
    comments (roughly several months). Then the feds will decide if they wish to modify
    the proposal any, relax or tighten specific areas and requirements, render their decision
    and announce the regulation's effective date.

This, under traditional timelines, means that you still have weeks/months to write your
    congress people, BATF, etc and give them an earful. I'm a little cynical and believe
    they've already made up their minds and the window period portrays them as listening
    to us in good faith [sic]. You've see how angry Obama was when Congress failed to
    pass any substantive gun control post-tragedies. This is his way of giving everyone
    the finger.

14. Modeler

Alright, that's it. The last thing I "need" in my trust is a rimfire suppressor, I'm going to go buy one this week. Selling some stuff to fund the purchase; anyone want a Remington 870?

15. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

Those rules will make it interesting is they become law. I see that a Congressman has introduced a bill to raise the fee from $200 up to $500
    They are such clowns.

16. Modeler

Which Congressman? I'm sure that'll get a quick hearing in the House :rolleyes:

17. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

This makes me wonder............If one lives in an area where the CLEO will sign off and you are willing to go through the fingerprints, sign off etc........

What's to stop someone from removing everyone but 1 person from the trust they are using? Then, after transfer, add everyone back to 'streamline' the process.....the more I think about this, the more it appears this new 'rule' change solves nothing. Honestly this is exactly what I would/will do. Not to circumvent the law, but to make dealing with the bureaucracy the most palletable.

18. Modeler

Capital idea!

19. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

In fact, why couldn't someone have a trust with a friend in a more CLEO friendly area and 'share' that trust with them.........I have a buddy I've known since childhood and would have no problems doing that on his behalf........

20. Modeler

Usurpers! You're all usurpers of common sense gun control measures to keep the children safe!

simpleguy and (deleted member) like this.