JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe my head is in the sand but I'm sure if they enact the "high-capacity" ban and limit handgun mag capacity to 10 - ala California - I don't think there will be confiscation. My opinion is that it will politically expedient to grandfather existing mags. That being said, I have observed that Glock and XDm mags are already getting scarce. I went into Cabela's on Labor Day and there were zip. Last week I went into NW Armory and they had one XDm mag so I bought it, even though I'm set for mags right now. I didn't even take it out of the package but just put it away.

Last Edited:
Maybe my head is in the sand but I'm sure if they enact the "high-capacity" ban and limit handgun mag capacity to 10 - ala California - I don't think there will be confiscation. My opinion is that it will politically expedient to grandfather existing mags. That being said, I have observed that Glock and XDm mags are already getting scarce. I went into Cabela's on Labor Day and there were zip. Last week I went into NW Armory and they had one XDm mag so I bought it, even though I'm set for mags right now. I didn't even take it out of the package but just put it away.
Glock mags are getting scarce?
Have you not looked at AimSurplus, Brownells, Gunmagwarehouse, etc, etc? Not to mention all of the Magpul Glock mags all over the web at great prices.

Am I correct that even if they ban mags over 10 rounds, the followers and springs will still be legal to buy to rebuild them? That said, I have already started using my 10 round mags for the range and plinking as those will still be legal to replace. Heck, I did that awhile ago to save on ammo. I outgrew mag dumps a long time ago.

Call me old fashioned, but I typically use my 20 round magazines in my AR and PLR. I let my youngest son do the 30 round magazine dumps and I pick up the spent brass for reloading in the future. :rolleyes:

I don't know the situation in Oregon other than your governor's position on the matter. Are your state house and senate also a (D) majority, or likely to become one in the upcoming November dread-a-thon? That's when it'd make sense to plan ahead.

If not, let's try to remember that a governor or a president do. not. make. the. laws. No matter what some grossly uninformed candidate may imply. :rolleyes:
The congress or legislature does. No matter who is the chief executive, it is the legislative bodies who make the laws.

For example. Here in WA, there is a bare majority of (R's) in the Senate thanks to a DINO senator (Tim Sheldon) and a bare (D) 2-vote majority in the house, for the time being.

I understand. When my son was younger, I let him do the mag dumps and they brought a smile to both of our faces. Good times. Now he is an adult and I tell him that he can buy his own ammo if he wants to do mag dumps.

If it was me I'd start with magazines. Buy mags for guns you dont have. If you think you might like to have a Glock 19 buy a few Glock 19 mags. When you do get around to buying a Glock with the two 10 round mags you can throw them in the sock drawer and use real mags.

Ditto. My next handgun is either Glock 17 or Sig Sauer P226. Once I figure that out, I'm going to buy some mags and get the handgun later. Also AR mags if you dont have many!

Ran a failrd grouo buy a few years back. Tons of cancelled orders, a contract, and miscommunication resulted in me owning 16 gorgeous billet matching upper and lowers in 556 and 308. I'm good for a few lifetimes.

(snip) If not, let's try to remember that a governor or a president do. not. make. the. laws. No matter what some grossly uninformed candidate may imply. :rolleyes:
The congress or legislature does. No matter who is the chief executive, it is the legislative bodies who make the laws.
Yet, some recent changes in law have been by initiative. And, though not officially "law", the executive branch can greatly influence law by deciding how the law is, or is not, enforced. And, tax policy can create the same effect as law... without any legislative action.

Yet, some recent changes in law have been by initiative. And, though not officially "law", the executive branch can greatly influence law by deciding how the law is, or is not, enforced. And, tax policy can create the same effect as law... without any legislative action.

Yes, you'd be surprised what weight some "administrative" rules and decisions can have on your life and they never went through the legislative branch.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads