JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last Edited:
I don't really consider myself a prepper, but I've experienced enough times when prudent planning and spending when you're able to be extremely advantageous. Buying in bulk saves money and you never know exactly when the tides might turn. Having a surplus to hold you over, even short term, provides peace of mind and can save your family from leaner times or unexpected hardship.

Like anything... buying large and deep when an opportunity presents itself will always save you in the long term.

I think where it can really take a wrong turn though is spending copious amounts of money and stocking things that you do not use in your every day life/meal plan.

Last Edited:
Well I try to be the nice guy and do what I can for people when I can. The last snowstorm I was the taxi running everybody to the store or to the gas station. That being said any major calamity and I'm not saving anybody but my family. Basic food preps,basic water preps, basic ways to stay warm and dry, basic meds, protection, generator and gas to run it for a few hundred hours. Every civilization throughout history has and will fall, natural disasters will happen. I was amazed during the last snowstorm that was 350,000 people out of power and all these people who don't plan ahead were blown away that PGE wasn't right out front of their house hooking them up on day one. I lived in Hawaii for a while and its amazing how many natural disasters hit that place from volcanoes to hurricanes it's common knowledge there's 72 hours worth of food on the island so everybody make sure they have some extra, on the mainland people look at you weird when they find out you prep even to the most basic extent.

Paywall. What's it say?
My uncharitable summary.

The author, who appears to have spent her life so far stereotyping people, says:

1) A lot of money is being spent by common folk on long term food storage; business is booming.

2) Those common folk are paranoid radicals with a fearful mindset.

3) People she knows, smart uncommon folk, relatives even (gasp), are doing it.

4) So now since her people are doing it there must be something to it; the food supply could be at risk.

5) But the important point is climate change.

My uncharitable summary.

The author, who appears to have spent her life so far stereotyping people, says:

1) A lot of money is being spent by common folk on long term food storage; business is booming.

2) Those common folk are paranoid radicals with a fearful mindset.

3) People she knows, smart uncommon folk, relatives even (gasp), are doing it.

4) So now since her people are doing it there must be something to it; the food supply could be at risk.

5) But the important point is climate change.
Nailed it!

Typical left-wing WaPo drivel. Author's conclusion:

"But we should be...voting in politicians who take climate change seriously. Let's be sure we're not fiddling with freeze-dried fettuccini while the planet burns."
If we're down to nothing but freeze-dried fettuccini... I say let it burn!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top