Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Prepper Score

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Sun195, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

Saw this online today - what's your score?

Get Your Prepper Score | National Geographic Channel

I got a 45 - which, according to them, means I'm good for 2-4 months. I don't think their food counter accurately captures how much or what kind of food I have stored, but based on a calorie count basis, I do have 90-days of food (so, overall, they're right).

Of course, there are problems with this measurement tool, but it's kind of fun to go through.

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Probably a bad poll to do but did it anyhow.

They are lacking a lot. Basically just filling it out based on daily life stuff (I live rural) I scored a 65. Said my food stocks were low. Plus I didn't have any high end defense (EMP, NBC, ect).

3. HBIII

HBIII Wilsonville Active Member

I need a lot more water... and to get out of an apartment.

4. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

I need more food.

5. Mutoman

Mutoman North Bend Active Member

I got a 43; however, they are not considering my plan to kill all my neighbors and take their stocks.....

6. Asavage270

Asavage270 eugene Active Member

i second that. storing upwards of 50 gallons of water in an appartment gets difficult, not to mention food.

bentbronco and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Lame with all my prepping we can only last 16-24 months!

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

A fake MSM prepper show pop quiz is no real indication of your preparedness.

That show is allowed on the MSM for one purpose. To make preppers look like kooks and idiots while in reality most are very sane and intelligent. The banker media doesn't want you prepping, reducing your debt, or conserving resources.

They want you spending and happily shopping at the local mall for useless items that you really will never need. On your 18% credit card while the bank receives those funds for .01%. Great deal aka financial slavery, perpetual debt.

So, to that end, preppers are made out to look like paranoid freaks and weirdos. Don't be like them - get to the mall!

"I am building a bunker out in the woods because I am expecting a massive EMP" - Geezus, just STFU; go out there then and seal yourself in permanently.

9. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

I am a 26. Working on getting better.

10. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Score of 42. 2-4 months. Vulnerability is food, and I'm working on it.

11. Retread

Retread Not to far from Salem, OR Member

I got a 71, but there are big holes in this survey. We live at our retreat, all their questions about BOV is not relevant for us, and there was nothing about how defensible we are (location, set up, etc).

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Mutoman

I was unsure if my above-ground Wal-mart swimming pool counted as water storage....

13. loucfir

loucfir Pacific Northwest Active Member

Guess my Koi ponds count.....

Mutoman and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Both Eyes Open

Both Eyes Open Hood Canal Active Member

Scored 46, Need more water and food (of course) However having a breeding trio of meat rabbits helped get my score up. Mmmm, rabbit stew!

15. Got2gohuntin

Got2gohuntin Happy valley Active Member

Terrible plan. By the time you run out of food what makes you think there will be anything left to take from others. Other thing to consider is that anyone who has anything worth taking mostly has a plan to deal with people like you. I sure know I do :). I understand in a SHTF scenario most people say they won't mind killing to feed their families but, is dying part of your plan because someone fought back? Now your family is really screwed! Stop being a cheap a** and go buy whatever preps you need. I'm sure your family would appreciate that.

Sent from iPhone. May be typos

ATCclears and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Asavage270

Asavage270 eugene Active Member

+100

awesome response haha! couldn't have said it any better.

Gaurenteed people will be armed, even those that dont normally carry a gun in everyday life will have somethin' on their hip for ya.
    I'm bettin they would gladly trade you a .230gr FMJ for the window you just broke in lookin for a can of ministrone soup.

17. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Congrats! You make #16 on my ignore list! Right next to the racists, LEO bashers and other tards that advocate violence against others!

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

18. Got2gohuntin

Got2gohuntin Happy valley Active Member

Understandable but with prepping I consider knowledge a prep also. So I like the saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". While you may not agree with ones opinion observing there behavior or speech may come in handy in the future. Just my opinion.

Sent from iPhone. Probably typos. Enjoy

19. Mutoman

Somebodys always getting their panties in a bunch. It was a joke to a stupid poll. Dumbass.

20. Mutoman

See above.