JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm drafting up a trust in pursuit of my SBR designs for my Draco-C... the trust drafting is the easy part, but ther are a few questions I have concerning the submittal of the Form-1

Do I send "wet stamped" notorized copies, or just plain jane photocpoies of the original Trust document with the duplicate Form-1's?

Does the BATF measure the barrel legnth from the muzzle to where the rifling @ the chamber starts, or at the breech face? There's approx a 2" difference (9.5" vs. 11.5" respectively)

I have marked all the lines in section-13 (Law Enforcement Certification) as N/A... is that acceptable?

Does the list (schedule) contained within the body of Trust documents of items assigned to the Trust have to be submitted with the Form-1 (i.e. show the Draco w/ serial number), or can it be added once the BATFE tax stamp is received? Or is the "Declaration of Trust" portion adequate?

I may have a few more questions, but the wife is pulling on me for a "honey-do"... dammit.

Thanks for any info! :s0155:

I'm drafting up a trust in pursuit of my SBR designs for my Draco-C... the trust drafting is the easy part, but ther are a few questions I have concerning the submittal of the Form-1

Do I send "wet stamped" notorized copies, or just plain jane photocpoies of the original Trust document with the duplicate Form-1's?

Does the BATF measure the barrel legnth from the muzzle to where the rifling @ the chamber starts, or at the breech face? There's approx a 2" difference (9.5" vs. 11.5" respectively)

I have marked all the lines in section-13 (Law Enforcement Certification) as N/A... is that acceptable?

Does the list (schedule) contained within the body of Trust documents of items assigned to the Trust have to be submitted with the Form-1 (i.e. show the Draco w/ serial number), or can it be added once the BATFE tax stamp is received? Or is the "Declaration of Trust" portion adequate?

I may have a few more questions, but the wife is pulling on me for a "honey-do"... dammit.

Thanks for any info! :s0155:

1. Photocopy of the trust is fine.
2. Breach face to end of barrel or permanently fixed muzzle device. They would test by closing bolt and inserting a rod into the muzzle until it hits bolt face, the length of the rod from bolt face to the end of the barrel would be barrel length.
3. Leave blank
4. They want to see everything: copy of trust, copy of Schedule A, copy of certification of trust.

Thanks for the info!

I almost forgot to ask... I know you have to send in the Form-1 (or 4) in duplicate, but does the copy of the Trust have to be in duplicate, as well as the Form 5330.20 (Cert. of Compliance)? I'm thinking it won't hurt to send EVERYTHING in duplicate (except the $200 check...LOL) as that shouldn't hold anything up... just a bit more postage (whooptie-doo).

The Forms 1 are all that are required to be duplicated, they stamp one and return it to you and retain the other as their copy. Make sure your Forms 1 are each printed front and back on one sheet of paper otherwise it'll get kicked back.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top