JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One would think you would have land mines and claymores out there with that arsenal.

Punji traps. Setup all your weapons on tripod mounts and just keep the curtains open.
Stomper has these "cantankerous twins" for the back side of the house...
A2DC_sentries.jpg

If you trade all that in on a p227 you could give them. 5 Rds of 45 each with no reload and save yourself some time.
And just think what you could do with a 10mm.

Fire one round in the general direction and the BG would be vaporized.

Then it's back to sleep, like a baby.

Even in Oregon it's not illegal to shoot someone once they've broken into your house and are inside. Of curse you must feel threatened, and assume your life is in danger. But if somebody breaks into your home and you're in there, wouldn't you feel scared, and wonder if they might kill you?
You don't have to wait to see if the predator is armed, or give them a warning either. What you should do is call 911 if possible, and retreat with your firearm, or retreat to a room where your firearm is. If the criminal comes to where you are, you have every right to protect yourself inside your home, and no law will say you didn't try to get help, and get away from the criminal.

As for releasing "non violent offenders", I have to just shake my head. What exactly is a non violent offender? It can be anything from a simple drug bust, DUI, or child molester. It can be a burglar, car thief, con man, or pick pocket. There's all sorts of levels of criminals who haven't come face to face with their prey yet, so haven't taken the next step to becoming a violent offender. All it takes is them feeling cornered, or afraid their victim will identify them, and they can become a violent offender.

I really do not see a difference in my normal security during this time. My neighbors and I always looked out for each other. We are both prepared to step in to help each other out. If I have something that someone needs and I can spare it I will. I will not appreciate someone being aggressive to my neighbors or my family and will be met with force.

And just think what you could do with a 10mm.

Fire one round in the general direction and the BG would be vaporized.

Then it's back to sleep, like a baby.

The ballistics of the 10mm are about the same as those for the .45 ACP, but it has better sectional density. The nice thing about the 227 is that it has 14+1. It is too bad that SIG never made it in 10mm, although they probably would have been inclined to make the frame steel instead of aluminum - unfortunately they never offered an 'all steel' 227 before they discontinued it.

I wonder if the 10mm slide/barrel would work well on the 227. I am given to understand that the .45 ACP slide/barrel from the 220 is the same as that on the 227. Not sure if 10mm ammo would fit in the .45 mag though.

I have two SIG P227s and I do not feel under-gunned. I don't feel under-gunned with any of my 9mm or .40s either.

As for releasing "non violent offenders", I have to just shake my head. What exactly is a non violent offender? It can be anything from a simple drug bust, DUI, or child molester. It can be a burglar, car thief, con man, or pick pocket. There's all sorts of levels of criminals who haven't come face to face with their prey yet, so haven't taken the next step to becoming a violent offender. All it takes is them feeling cornered, or afraid their victim will identify them, and they can become a violent offender.

The example of non-violent offender could be someone who forged a check, simple trespassing (my ex was put in jail for that - it appears that this may have woken her up that her antics have consequences - I don't know), simple possession of drugs (a lot of addicts are non-violent, indeed, a lot of addicts have jobs), that kind of thing.

But they should go by what the arrest was for and not what it was pled down to.

As far as I know, they are not releasing sex offenders.

Last Edited:
The release of those in prison is not limited to the non-violent and therein is the problem, not that the actual non-violent are all peace, love dove types either...

We now are living with the nonsensical notion that property cannot be protected with deadly force - which makes the whole notion of property bogus. It's also contrary to the natural world (try to get a bear off an elk carcass). Needless to say, at some point this nonsensical notion will evaporate. The problem is to recognize when that happens, and don't switch to "bear on elk" mode too soon, thus leading to prosecution and other such forms of "help" from the state.

Although I am not a lawyer (I prefer honest occupations), it seems there is some precedent. Horse thieves used to be hanged summarily, for example - reason being that horses were needed for survival. Well, a bucket of beans might be needed for survival too. Again, I would not want to argue these points in a court room.

In the meantime, look up vigilance committees. They performed a mostly-useful function. The government never liked them, as they don't like competition; they prefer a nice soft slavery. If a committee forms in your neighborhood, being on it might be a good idea. Or it might not!

"With that said, what are your plans for when people are scavenging with the intent of unlawful entry and possibly bodily harm?"

Let 'em enter, then shoot 'em.

As far as I know, they are not releasing sex offenders.

Don't be too sure, or you might eat those words. Right now our ignorant governor is considering exactly what you say wont happen. She has looked at sex offenders who are getting within a couple years of parole and are also around 60 yrs. old, and considering releasing them early.

The problem with releasing "non-violent offenders" is that many of them committed violent crimes, but were allowed to plead guilty of lesser crimes to save the district attorney the trouble and expense of going to court.

Yeah
Non-violent offender usually means they just weren't busted for a violent offense. What governors and the dipstick judges pushing for release either are stupidly ignorant of or worse, simply don't care about, is that these people willingly break the law and just because they weren't busted for violence the last time doesn't mean they won't use violence this time.
Of course, Inslee, Brown and the rest don't have to care as they are immune from getting sued over such malfeasance.:mad:

Pro Tip: Make sure you get the blaze hot enough to incinerate the bones...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top