JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These two take care of the outside stuff and if they survive and get to the door, I take care of it from there.
The Kitties staying warm.jpg
And yes, the come to "here kitty, kitty!"

For those that are crying over protecting your family, property, etc. I'll just let the chickens and alpacas out in the yard to keep the bad people away and throw flowers at them. I hope you quit lactating over the scariness and are able to keep living your day.

For those that are crying over protecting your family, property, etc. I'll just let the chickens and alpacas out in the yard to keep the bad people away and throw flowers at them. I hope you quit lactating over the scariness and are able to keep living your day.
If came across a property with alpacas or emus's, I wouldn't even think to hop that fence.

Shoot first. No questions later. If it's your property I believe you have a right to protect it. Never know with all the political backdoor bs going on. Maybe in your neighborhood start posting signs and in the evening you and your neighbors shoot off some warning shots.
Exception: chickens, when a bald eagle attacks all I can do is cry fowl and salute the dang bird.
In Washington state you cannot use a firearm to protect property, only to prevent death or serious bodily harm to yourself or someone else. In some states you are allowed to protect your property, but not here.
You are likely to go to prison if you shoot and can't convince the police you were in fear for you life. From what I can tell as a volunteer at the local prison, you don't want to go there. I also carry a pistol all of the time and have a few shotguns around the house, but you are walking a fine line. If someone is in my house they are a threat, if they are snooping around my truck I might put a red dot on their chest, but shooting wouldn't be a good idea.

Sorry
In Washington state you cannot use a firearm to protect property, only to prevent death or serious bodily harm to yourself or someone else. In some states you are allowed to protect your property, but not here.
You are likely to go to prison if you shoot and can't convince the police you were in fear for you life. From what I can tell as a volunteer at the local prison, you don't want to go there. I also carry a pistol all of the time and have a few shotguns around the house, but you are walking a fine line. If someone is in my house they are a threat, if they are snooping around my truck I might put a red dot on their chest, but shooting wouldn't be a good idea.
okay good to know. Can I protect myself with edged weapons then or is that the same? Maybe I will just eat lots of bananas and spread them all over the property. Shoot then they will probably sue for that injury also.

Not me. There are people, places and times that doing just that will make you a target. It's cool and all along with making a great statement but it makes you stand out in a crowd... Do you often notice off duty LEO open carrying and displaying their badge?
A jeweler who worked at a shop in our rural town used to wear his 9mm pistol, in plain site. Regardless of the fears of some, open carry has always been shown to be more of a deterrent than an invitation to an attack.

First off, I know I'm speaking to (the choir) experienced people here.

In recent weeks in the Salem/Keizer area many residents with outdoor motion activated cameras are seeing an increase with groups of teenagers walking the streets in at O' dark thirty attempting to break into cars while others are attempting to obtain entrance into houses and apartments. In some cases this happens in the day time and have been confronted and when so act tough, stand there are stare at you. No virus we can get up close and personal, not with a virus and if they are not a present threat the firearm can not be drawn.

As times get worst with unemployment increasing and the average person or family in general have no monetary resources (cash) or food stashes they will seek out what those who "have" to steal from doing whatever it takes.

I'm never without a holstered firearm in my house with long guns at appropriate locations to defend my home. Not worried about what happens when leaving home as I'm currently working from home. Only concern is when sleeping at night.

With that said, what are your plans for when people are scavenging with the intent of unlawful entry and possibly bodily harm?

Get a dog! They don't like people sneaking into your house. Even a little yippy dog will do the trick. as long as it will bark.

While the wife and I were graciously flown to Hawaii by my 1st born son to stay at his house about a decade ago our property was robbed of over $8k of tools and misc in garage. They tried to get into house but were deterred by a former alarm system (not working). The only thing that saved the house was another son checking on it occasionally.
Sheriff's office never did catch anyone in spite of other neighbors being robbed around that same time period. 1st son sold his home in Hawaii so we pretty much stay at home these days but it sure was wonderful. I try to think of that time in positive terms as I occasionally buy a needed tool. By the way, all my guns went to #2son for safe storage while we were gone so there is that aspect. I hate robbers with a passion. We live in rural east Gresham in nursery country with homes mostly spread out at least a couple blocks or more. I have cc permit and keep one either within reach at all times or on me. When younger I used to respond to neighbors alarm systems going off. Never got out of car but was armed. Just showing up, blasting horn, and if no response, called 911 and waited for them to show up. Only once was it a false alarm and neighbor thanked me profusely for my responding. Did I mention I hated robbers? I think if more people participated in "neighborhood watch"-type activities, we all would be safer.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top