JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) If area denial is an issue butyric acid can render a space uninhabitable from stench - as in empty places draw squatters.
2) The Dems are using the dialectic method against We the Peons:
Release the Orcs from Mordor
Cops are unavailable in time or at all.
Guns are sold only through FFLs, which are closed as non-essential. (Giggle bush emporia are essential.)
More criminals, less cops, more crime, Peons lose.
3) Inslee and Ferguson have wanted to make guns go away and now they have closed all the shops through which all transfers must go. Wait long enough to authorize them to re-open and they will go out of business. No one will be able to buy a gun in WA State if they have their way.

1) If area denial is an issue butyric acid can render a space uninhabitable from stench - as in empty places draw squatters.
2) The Dems are using the dialectic method against We the Peons:
Release the Orcs from Mordor
Cops are unavailable in time or at all.
Guns are sold only through FFLs, which are closed as non-essential. (Giggle bush emporia are essential.)
More criminals, less cops, more crime, Peons lose.
3) Inslee and Ferguson have wanted to make guns go away and now they have closed all the shops through which all transfers must go. Wait long enough to authorize them to re-open and they will go out of business. No one will be able to buy a gun in WA State if they have their way.
How do they get away with keeping gun stores closed when there was advice from the DOJ on Saturday that gun stores were to be considered essential businesses during this time?

Perhaps they operate in their own little fourth reich...

How do they get away with keeping gun stores closed when there was advice from the DOJ on Saturday that gun stores were to be considered essential businesses during this time?

Perhaps they operate in their own little fourth reich...

I copied/pasted this from the Washington 2020 Legislative Action Group - Save your civil rights #F1639 Facebook page. It's a pretty good explanation of what it really means....

It's NOT a state claim of essential business status. The essential business status issued by DHS is a federal RECOMMENDATION, NOT a state declaration. The DHS recommendation carries NO authority of law. It is a program that allows TRAVEL by those deemed to be essential by Emergency Services under specific circumstances. We meet these circumstances because of our military and government agency contracts. It does NOT SAY OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

With that said, what are your plans for when people are scavenging with the intent of unlawful entry and possibly bodily harm?

Report the activity and hopefully the authorities can patrol the area few times a day. Neighborhood watch will be beneficial during this crisis.

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Make sure your doors plates are reinforced with 6" stainless lag bolts: two per latch plate same diameter of original screws: have a pro do it if you are not familiar with electric wiring around your doors. It makes a big difference. You can get security laminate and pay someone to apply it for cheap, for low windows and glass doors. It buys you a good deal of time, it's surprisingly difficult to get into: most thieves give up before they can get through it. Also ensure your alarm system is functioning properly, if you live in a populated area you're probably best off having a system. Get door bars for weak doors or upgrade your doors. You can also get window and door security bars for a reasonable price for low windows and doors: installation can be pricy unless you have someone who can do it.

Have a personal defense plan, and ensure your guns are maintained and operational: and most importantly stored near you while you sleep in a safe manner. I suggest a quick access safe/gun rack. If you have guests, this is more important, if it's just you and responsible adults store in a responsible location near your sleeping area. If you're an active sleeper you may want to leave the chamber unloaded. Lock the doors compartmentalizing your home, and sleep with your bedroom door locked. Get a capable dog. Keep a spare set of keys in your room you can toss to the police out the window if they need to come in and deal with an intruder: just make sure they are in in fact police in uniform. Run drills at least once a month, just so you know how to react when you hear a smash in the middle of the night and you're still half asleep.

With the amount of guns, bleach and paper towels in the hands of those staying at home under quarantine, I'm shocked anyone would want to break into a home at this point.

If there was a run on shovels, then I'd really think criminals should be at least a little concerned.

Very few states have laws which make protecting property with lethal force OK.

Personally, I never want to HAVE to shoot someone, let alone kill someone.

I also would not mind it if EVERY state had lethal force property protection law. Then, as it would be up to the individual to make that decision. They could chose to, or not.

In Oregon, that decision is made. So, we have rampant crime.

That rampant crime, IMO, will evolve towards violent crime. Soon in the current situation, as the petty criminals see that there are zero responses from LEO to there petty crime.
This current situation will not last more than another Month and it will be all over with just like every other flu season. This pandemic is a media hyped pandemic. It's all BS. Even Fox is playing the game.

This current situation will not last more than another Month and it will be all over with just like every other flu season. This pandemic is a media hyped pandemic. It's all BS.

Markedly unlikely.

Even if today, "poof" it was gone, it will be along while before the economy gets back on track.

Sadly, there is no "poof" it's gone.

Several more MONTHS (minimum) of stay at home in various forms & the follow on joblessness.

The dregs of society will no longer have there "easy pickings", and unfortunately (IMO) will move onto violent methods.

As to the media hyped panic, I strongly disagree with you there. You are welcome to your opinion, as am I.

If people would simply adhere to the stay at home & social distancing AS BEST AS POSSIBLE, the shorter this will be. For EVERYONE.

However, people in general are selfish & shortsighted, so this will dredge out unnecessarily.

Leftist prosecutors champion violent criminals, but not you Mr. Law Abiding who isn't supposed to defend him/herself. You're suppose to cringe in cowering fear and slink out of your home (and hope like crazy the home invaders thoughtfully let you leave in peace) or vehicle or exiting a store where you spent money and didn't rob the store.

After all, their invading your home or car jacking you is merely a property crime, right?

I say BS to that!

I will defend my wife, myself and my home if it chaps the azz off lefty prosecutors or lefty cops.

I'm hoping that most if not all the people reading this really do NOT want to look back on alll this having taken the life of someone that was hungry and desperate /: especially some kid. I will take every precaution and heed the good advice... Locking the propane tanks was a good one that I hadn't thought of. I'll add locking the doors at all times. With families at home it's easy to get lazy going in and out of the house during the day.

I would not recommend walking toward a car with suspicious people in it, even armed. Especially alone!!! We had a friend that reloaded ammo in our group of shooters that started selling to other people at the public range - He died early. Three thugs with a couple drinks in them shot him then propped him up against an old refrigerator and continued to poke holes in him, they estimated 250 rounds of shotgun and 22. He didn't even load those.

If you haven't already been thinking about and planning for a situation like this for a number of years then you are probably pretty much screwed. Your first thought should be walking away from confrontation, really running away! If you see someone loitering around your house there is no way to know if they are alone... As this situation continues and it will, smart people (maybe smarter than you) are going to do things they or you never thought they would do but they are not going to be looking for things to pawn. If the situation arises go inside and point at the openings! Then call 911.

Courthouses, jails and news stories are not for me. If anything turns violent it needs to be clear to the responding officer that it was the only and last resort.

"I'm hoping that most if not all the people reading this really do NOT want to look back on alll this having taken the life of someone that was hungry and desperate"

Well of course, they're being hungry and desperate, plus willing to kill me and mine to obtain what they want is ok though, right?

I would say that the majority of folks in this thread and on this forum...
Do not want to harm or kill anyone....Nor do they go courting trouble.

I would also say the many of these same folks may be willing to do what is needed to protect themselves and or safeguard their home and possessions.

With that said...
It pays to be careful with what you say and post...as it may turn up later to your determinant.
Andy

"but don't go looking for it."

Say what?

No Law Abider (me) is going to go look for 'it'.

Home invade because you're hungry and desperate?

I've been there, actually quite often, and never, ever considered taking by force...anything.

Hungry and desperate?

Find another way!

Hungry and desperate aren't licenses to rob and/or steal.

I was responding to a post in the thread talking about someone going to confront someone at the end of their road doing drug deals. This is a lively topic so there was a bunch of posts between...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top