JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The United States and the gun laws we have make us ALL PUSSIES in the sense of legalities.
The property we own IN, ON, AND AROUND that most have worked all their lives for, we are subjected to a forced stand-down, only to rely on verbiage of the law (who most of them currently don't give a rats azz, without concern, unless shots are fired or dire emergency) and knee-jerk attorneys ruled by our fearless 2A Demoralizing AG who has armed security and likely lives in a nice gated community.

We tout here on the forum how things are, and under the circumstances, how we need to deal with the situations, while we are told to stay in our homes, rather than take care of the issues of thieves and trespassers on or around our abodes.

The United States Citizen is forced to live in fear of prosecution and imprisonment for protecting their lives and their property.
Everyone sit back, invite them in, give them some food, introduce them to your wife, your daughter, give them a tour of your abode, and be polite.
Tell them to help themselves and take what they need.

Have a Nice Day :)

Bobby D was was the undisputed King of Cool after that (Apocalypse Now) came out. How Gene "I'll be in anything" Hackman missed that boat I'll never know... bad representation, maybe?

Love that guy (Duvall). I'm putting him up there with McQueen, Nicholson, and Newman for stage presence, scenery-chewing, and all around cinema cool points.

Holy crap, a living legend. He is still alive, right?
Yeah, 88 and still alive. Def my favorite actor! On Sean Penn and other Hollyweird nitwits mouthing off- "Some people should just keep their mouths shut."
Short, concise and to the point!

Yeah, 88 and still alive. Def my favorite actor! On Sean Penn and other Hollyweird nitwits mouthing off- "Some people should just keep their mouths shut."
Short, concise and to the point!
Penn is a known commodity... a loudmouthed Hollywood A-lister who really hasn't done anything of note since Mystic River, IMO.
Pitt is another one that I like to watch but have to cognitively separate his tardo-politics from his acting (acting like himself, pretending to be someone else) same as the rest of them... DeNiro, Clooney, Redford, Pacino, etc.

Pitt is quoted as saying something along the lines of, "We're actors... nobody cares about our opinions.. " and he was right. Now I have to go the extra step to psychologically separate him from his Oscar show dumbassery in order to enjoy his stupid movies and my brain... just... doesn't... need ... that.

Why couldn't you people just STFU?

Bobby D was was the undisputed King of Cool after that (Apocalypse Now) came out. How Gene "I'll be in anything" Hackman missed that boat I'll never know... bad representation, maybe?

Love that guy (Duvall). I'm putting him up there with McQueen, Nicholson, and Newman for stage presence, scenery-chewing, and all around cinema cool points.

Holy crap, a living legend. He is still alive, right?
Duvall was always there, but I slept on him until Colors. A lot of old TV work. Some movies that just weren't for me. But now I also place him up with the best.

No offense, but what does your subject, and whomever else your speaking with, have to do with the OP's thread?

Not exactly about your garden variety thief. But.....being that the subject is sort of about "resources allocation".

Yeah....what's the bottom line for a thief? Rrrrright…...
"I need stuff more than you do."

So then.....
Recently, it's been.....that the Governors of the States want to take more for their state (at the expense of the other states).

The attitude of : "My state is more important than yours."

"Yeah....well, take this." :s0112:

Carrying on...…
If someone was to come to my home and remove something from my yard (w/o permission). Is that person actually getting something useful? Maybe, I consider it as "trash". Maybe, I'm secretly/actually glad that the thief took it? Though maybe, he/she could have asked first?

"Thanks.....I've been meaning to take that to that dumpster place."

And.....

It's also a comment about......
New or used?
Products Made in _________.?
Have you tested your stocks of ________. If/When the SHTF.....will your stuff even work as intended?

Aloha, Mark

PS....and of course.....is the news media even interested in answering the questions that "normal citizens have" or is it more of, "Let's blame TRUMP".

Last Edited:
Not exactly about your garden variety thief. But.....being that the subject is sort of about "resources allocation".

Yeah....what's the bottom line for a thief? Rrrrright…...
"I need stuff more than you do."

So then.....
Recently, it's been.....that the Governors of the States want to take more for their state (at the expense of the other states).

The attitude of : "My state is more important than yours."

"Yeah....well, take this." :s0112:

Carrying on...…
If someone was to come to my home and remove something from my yard (w/o permission). Is that person actually getting something useful? Maybe, I consider it as "trash". Maybe, I'm secretly/actually glad that the thief took it? Though maybe, he/she could have asked first?

"Thanks.....I've been meaning to take that to that dumpster place."

And.....

It's also a comment about......
New or used?
Products Made in _________.?
Have you tested your stocks of ________. If/When the SHTF.....will your stuff even work as intended?

Aloha, Mark

PS....and of course.....is the news media even interested in answering the questions that "normal citizens have" or is it more of, "Let's blame TRUMP".
I grab what you just said, but still lost on previously said.
Keep rollin. Situation normal around here anyway.

I live inner city. It's true that it appears that most of you weak-assed country folks can't make it here. [shrugs] Like today, house got attacked. Bam Bam bam on and on, you know how rhytmic sounds of the inner city jungle. So I get my load out and go confront the bastard. I catch him out there pounding up under the eves. I gently unload the BB I'd chambered and pop goes the gun (more like pfft) and off flew the woodpecker. 30 min later, it's back: bam bam bam pounding on the wood to get lunch, exact same spot -AGAIN. There's actually a little hole starting so this time I sent up a BB to the eve close enough to rattle around and let him know I'm serious. There's no need to harm a woodpecker and I never would, but it flew off in a panic. It does get annoying around here on occasion.

Wait...I'm getting a notification: "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" I'd better not, they might not be discussing woodpeckers. Anyway, all the neighbors have been great although it was odd that none of them stepped forward and offered to help me unload the barkdust out of my truck yesterday. They're still waving at a distance though.

I live inner city. It's true that it appears that most of you weak-assed country folks can't make it here. [shrugs] Like today, house got attacked. Bam Bam bam on and on, you know how rhytmic sounds of the inner city jungle. So I get my load out and go confront the bastard. I catch him out there pounding up under the eves. I gently unload the BB I'd chambered and pop goes the gun (more like pfft) and off flew the woodpecker. 30 min later, it's back: bam bam bam pounding on the wood to get lunch, exact same spot -AGAIN. There's actually a little hole starting so this time I sent up a BB to the eve close enough to rattle around and let him know I'm serious. There's no need to harm a woodpecker and I never would, but it flew off in a panic. It does get annoying around here on occasion.

Wait...I'm getting a notification: "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?" I'd better not, they might not be discussing woodpeckers. Anyway, all the neighbors have been great although it was odd that none of them stepped forward and offered to help me unload the barkdust out of my truck yesterday. They're still waving at a distance though.

I got a chuckle out of it. So......

I-will-allow-it.gif

Aloha, Mark

I quit putting anything but water in the refridge anymore, in my shop.
My buddies still come over empty handed.
So I keep the hooch in the house freezer ;)

I live on a mountain in the boonies. No teens wandering around here (all kids are college age now) and when there were they were one of the 8 families that live on my private road - so no worries there. The only wanderers are coyotes, cougars, bears, deer, a very large porcupine, racoons and mice. I hate the mice - they are the troublemakers - they steal and make a mess - unfortunately I can't shoot them when they are inside the house so I rely on spring traps, glue traps and poison.
I've never shot a mouse in my cabin but have sent many to heaven with traps. I have shot two pack rats inside the cabin. They were two smart for traps but not smart enough to dodge a bullet.

I hate rodents, they can drive you crazy

I've never shot a mouse in my cabin but have sent many to heaven with traps. I have shot two pack rats inside the cabin. They were two smart for traps but not smart enough to dodge a bullet.

I hate rodents, they can drive you crazy
We had an issue with mice in the attic. They climbed up through the insulation from under the house.
Since they got in down under, I happily supplied all the food they could consume. In the attic at the same time.
Within two days, a gallon of Arsenic laced cracked wheat was devoured.
Within five days after, hmm, they all must have moved out.
I found their entrance. I put up a No-Vacancy board

First off, I know I'm speaking to (the choir) experienced people here.

In recent weeks in the Salem/Keizer area many residents with outdoor motion activated cameras are seeing an increase with groups of teenagers walking the streets in at O' dark thirty attempting to break into cars while others are attempting to obtain entrance into houses and apartments. In some cases this happens in the day time and have been confronted and when so act tough, stand there are stare at you. No virus we can get up close and personal, not with a virus and if they are not a present threat the firearm can not be drawn.

As times get worst with unemployment increasing and the average person or family in general have no monetary resources (cash) or food stashes they will seek out what those who "have" to steal from doing whatever it takes.

I'm never without a holstered firearm in my house with long guns at appropriate locations to defend my home. Not worried about what happens when leaving home as I'm currently working from home. Only concern is when sleeping at night.

With that said, what are your plans for when people are scavenging with the intent of unlawful entry and possibly bodily harm?
Well these lil rotten hooligan's come around quite often they totally ignore the no trespassing signs, set off the motion lights when coming around at night, steal food, tear up the flowers and rose bushes, and have the gall to defecate in my yard, and I have to cap their ... occasionally but the upside is they are quite tasty in stroganoff, YMMV with the ones in your neck of the woods.

1025031037a.jpg deer.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top