JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's never a bad thing to be prepared to defend your home and family. What surprises me is why many firearms owners wait until something big happens to get in gear and do so?
I've always been prepared for the worst, and glad it never happened. I have a great security system, and plenty of defenses in place. But like the government's system, mine too has Devcon levels. Most the time the systems I have in place like alarm systems, and cameras are running along 24/7. But my other readiness pieces to the puzzle are also ready, but not at the same 24/7. What I need to raise the security level is easily put into motion in minutes, or even seconds if need be. But no reason to stay at the highest level if the indicators aren't there.
I admit I've bumped my security level up a notch lately. Never being unprepared I've always got the system running, and always have strategically hidden loaded firearms at ready. But I've added to the locations, and types of firearms due to the recent changes. So a few handguns at strategic points are now supplemented by high capacity semiauto rifles, and a couple shotguns.
I haven't reached the highest levels yet, as I see no threat telling me we're anywhere near that point. But I am more aware of my environment, and watching the whole situation closer than I was a month ago.
For myself there's no security threat that would make me leave my home to confront it. I see nothing that could happen outside my home that could be construed as a threat to my family if it remains outside. But if the outside threat reached the level of attempting entry, then it might be to the point of stopping it before it entered, vs. waiting for the door to be kicked down.

I would not recommend walking toward a car with suspicious people in it, even armed. Especially alone!!! We had a friend that reloaded ammo in our group of shooters that started selling to other people at the public range - He died early. Three thugs with a couple drinks in them shot him then propped him up against an old refrigerator and continued to poke holes in him, they estimated 250 rounds of shotgun and 22. He didn't even load those.

JFK :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:(

I'm with you completely but more worried in the grocery store parking lot all things being measured.

Absolutely! Or for that matter anywhere that you're outside, and more vulnerable. But that's why everyone should have a carry permit, and carry ALL THE TIME, not just now.

First off, I know I'm speaking to (the choir) experienced people here.

In recent weeks in the Salem/Keizer area many residents with outdoor motion activated cameras are seeing an increase with groups of teenagers walking the streets in at O' dark thirty attempting to break into cars while others are attempting to obtain entrance into houses and apartments. In some cases this happens in the day time and have been confronted and when so act tough, stand there are stare at you. No virus we can get up close and personal, not with a virus and if they are not a present threat the firearm can not be drawn.

As times get worst with unemployment increasing and the average person or family in general have no monetary resources (cash) or food stashes they will seek out what those who "have" to steal from doing whatever it takes.

I'm never without a holstered firearm in my house with long guns at appropriate locations to defend my home. Not worried about what happens when leaving home as I'm currently working from home. Only concern is when sleeping at night.

With that said, what are your plans for when people are scavenging with the intent of unlawful entry and possibly bodily harm?
This is the one time where I would conspicuously "open carry". You don't have to draw your firearm, to invite second thoughts...only display it.

Not me. There are people, places and times that doing just that will make you a target. It's cool and all along with making a great statement but it makes you stand out in a crowd... Do you often notice off duty LEO open carrying and displaying their badge?

Markedly unlikely.

Even if today, "poof" it was gone, it will be along while before the economy gets back on track.

Sadly, there is no "poof" it's gone.

Several more MONTHS (minimum) of stay at home in various forms & the follow on joblessness.

The dregs of society will no longer have there "easy pickings", and unfortunately (IMO) will move onto violent methods.

As to the media hyped panic, I strongly disagree with you there. You are welcome to your opinion, as am I.

If people would simply adhere to the stay at home & social distancing AS BEST AS POSSIBLE, the shorter this will be. For EVERYONE.

However, people in general are selfish & shortsighted, so this will dredge out unnecessarily.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Wait and see what?

That the virus is fake? ....Why yes, you are absolutely correct, the virus is completely fake & everything about it is made up.

You are the only one who knows that though.

Everyone else is being scammed. Because, well, everyone else wants the economy destroyed.

Except, of course for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads