JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pro Tip: Make sure you get the blaze hot enough to incinerate the bones...

The piles do get real hot, but I think there would still be bones afterwards. Once it is done burning though one could use a rake to go thru the ashes, take the bones and bury those. Not sure how fragile the bones would be at that point, but I do have a brush shredder that should be able to handle some of them.

...but I do have a brush shredder that should be able to handle some of them.
Fargo_chipper.jpg

And today governors of all three West Coast states plan to announce loosening up quarantine restrictions! All three will have press conferences, or releases stating they will start allowing elective surgeries, and dental work to resume. This after Trump mentioned opening up the restrictions, and all three governors said he can't tell them what to do. It would seem they want to do it before he can tell them to, so it wont look like they're agreeing with him! Funny.

But the term "elective" surgeries is ridiculous, and most people had no idea what elective surgery included in the state's feeble mind. I was scheduled to have hernia repair, which got declined by the state as elective. Then a little over a week ago I ended up in ER room for a gallbladder attack. A stone the size of nearly an inch long, and half inch diameter blocking my gallbladder duct. But surgery denied because removing my gallbladder is "elective". So instead they sent me home with a prescription of heavy pain killers to wait. So the state would rather make me another drug habit statistic than give me a simple surgery to get rid of the source of pain.
Hopefully this will change today, and I'll get scheduled for surgery soon.

Yeah, I am waiting on 'elective' hip replacement, but apparently I have the magick caveat that allows it to proceed. I sure hope it continues to go as planned, since I can't walk any farther than the mailbox (~50m).
The idea that joint replacement is "elective" is absurd, since insurance and Medicare won't OK it unless you are FUBAR and all other treatment modalities have failed.

"I moved an old mattress (waiting for a full-truck dump run) outside, next to the garage."

Wait until you have to hoist that thing into a trailer.

I bought an old house in Seaside with an old mattress inside. I dragged it outside ready for the dump run, where it sat for a couple of weeks. It rained enough to make it way heavy and floppy, enough to activate the old pee inside, but not enough to wash the pee out. I then had to get this into a trailer with high sides. Try to imagine the intimate contact necessary to hoist this thing over the side. I think I smelled like old pee for a week.:eek:

Yeah, I am waiting on 'elective' hip replacement, but apparently I have the magick caveat that allows it to proceed. I sure hope it continues to go as planned, since I can't walk any farther than the mailbox (~50m).
The idea that joint replacement is "elective" is absurd, since insurance and Medicare won't OK it unless you are FUBAR and all other treatment modalities have failed.

I thought the idea of a bad gallbladder being called "elective" was total BS. I might go along with my hernia being elective for awhile, but when I've got 8" of intestine hanging outside my stomach lining, it sure doesn't feel elective!

I just have a lot of motion sensor lights all over the property and keep everything locked as best as I can. I'd like to get cameras and an alarm for the shop in the near future.

She'd already got a free shot.
Grandstandin', right there in front of the home team... :eek:

Last Edited:
Quite sure that you can't introduce force to protect property only. Bodily threat must be present, but I'm far from an expert and would love to hear from others. Laterally, in Portland right now if you don't have "no trespassing" signs visibly posted, anyone caught on your property cannot be charged with trespassing. I've heard that from than one PPB officer.
Think the OP is talking about a teotwawki scenario! Courts may not be operating

I'm assuming you are serious here. If your response was meant as a joke, sorry, I missed it.

Since we are still at least notionally living under the rule of law, shooting first when there is no clear physical threat is extremely unwise, in my opinion. Doing so can be life changing for you, and not in a good way.

My situation is a lot like The Heretic, living out in the woods with space around us and a couple big dogs. About a year ago we had some suspicious characters driving up and parking on the gravel county road and "doing business" with various customers who would drive up, make the transaction, then turn around and leave.

Our neighbor who lives closest, eventually had had enough, so when the car arrived and parked, he walked out to talk to them open carrying his sidearm in a visible holster on his hip. He didn't get fifty feet from the car when they decided to leave, and they've never come back.

He made no threat to them, but simply approaching them while armed was enough to dissuade them from doing business nearby.
I had the same problem with a "picker" house on farmers property right across the street from me. This is Very rural way east of Gresham. The house itself had at least 20 people to begin with but the original resident was the most cantankerous. We tried to make friends and even hired a young one to help on our property. That turned out to be a big mistake as he mentally logged items to steal then came back over when we either were not home or at night to lift the items. Largest item lost was a dirt bike worth $2800 but I figure the total take from my garage (with a lifetime of tool collection was more than $22,000! Reported it to sheriffs office but no results. Homeowners insurance "loss/prevention" treated me like a criminal. Wanted background check, demanded receipts/pictures for EVERYTHING! Who keeps receipts for tools from two decades ago??? I finally gave up on them in disgust and changed companies (probably not any better). Back to the neighbors.... Cars started showing up day and night and leaving very soon. Obvious drug transactions. I went out front with pistol on hip and confronted one carload while they were shooting up. One guy got out and layed his pistol on roof of car just to let me know they were armed also! We gave police lots of pictures, kept a log, even offered our driveway for a cop to sit and observe. All that and repeated calls finally got results. Several members of that house went to prison and things finally got relatively quiet. We've had other occasional transients acting as magazine salesmen but obviously fishy, wanting to step inside. One got mad and very aggressive when we told him he was trespassing and to leave. (we do have no trespass signs) I think life is going to get a whole lot worse if we do not resist this uber shutdown by our criminal governor! I practice distancing but go where ever I want. I've noticed other people in my area waving as we pass. That's a practice that has not been seen in larger cities since the fifties! I like it! Over the years we have gotten acquainted with most of our neighbors within a mile or so. Some bad experiences but most are good people. Unless you make an effort to get to know your neighbors and help out when needed strangers can operate freely in your "hood". I know it would be harder with apartments due to lots of moving in and out but try. You might be surprised.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top