JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had some nice .44 mag revolvers, and am a decent shot with them. But the recoil really does a job on my arthritic hands.

My choice would be a stainless 5" GP100 .357. Great balance to the gun, and 180 grain hard cast rounds are great for hunting. But I have the option of using some lightweight.38 specials if I need to go easy on my hands.

B40D8627-0E5C-4C57-9116-192C248E9F90.jpeg

I like that version of the SP101, too. Fixed sights are kind of a drag but light weight, compact dimensions and 3" barrel make up for it.

Last Edited:
I only own one revolver right now, so I guess if I had to pick from inventory. it's a Ruger Blackhawk .357

If I were to be able to pick... oh damn I guess a Smith & Wesson model 29 in nickle finish like Chuck Norris had as Lonewolf McQuade? Because the nickle would be more corrosion resistant than the sexy deep blue of the original.

I'd have to go with a Ruger SP101 in .357 mag. I have a 3" but in SHTF a 4"-6" would probably be better.
:rolleyes:

Edit: Seeing all these pretty revolvers made me order some red heart grip panels from Chig's Grips. I've been eyeing them for a while and finally decided to jump.

Last Edited:
I got a rock island .38 and that's my only revolver so the choice was made before I had one
How long have you had yours and what do you think of it?
The impression I'm getting is the QC may have improved on newer models, compared to earlier examples.
The price is nice, that's for sure!

Dean

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews