JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just thinking, I'm going to Mexico for a vacation soon and wondering if there are any meds I should acquire while down there?
Good on antibiotics, but open to suggestions of what might be useful for the kit.

Don't. Not worth the risk nor hassle bringing them back.

If you had a medical condition which necessitated you going there (or Canada or wherever) for particulars, that would be different.

Don't. Not worth the risk nor hassle bringing them back.

If you had a medical condition which necessitated you going there (or Canada or wherever) for particulars, that would be different.

This^^

Most people get away with it, but the LEOs on both sides of the border really want to bust anybody doing this. You can have a valid prescription and the Mexicans will still bust you because it isn't valid in Mexico, and then they will want a bribe. You do not want to go to a mexican jail, much less prison.

This^^

Most people get away with it, but the LEOs on both sides of the border really want to bust anybody doing this. You can have a valid prescription and the Mexicans will still bust you because it isn't valid in Mexico, and then they will want a bribe. You do not want to go to a mexican jail, much less prison.
I saw a news article a ways back on a retired gal going to mexico filled her prescriptions and got arrested/kidnapped by the federales for it. They could only get like $300/day out of her atm so let her go about a year later when it was all gone and she was close to death. what a nightmare

Remember, you can stretch your med supplies by cleverly using one item to substitute for another.
For instance, Chap Stick can be a perfectly acceptable sub for Preparation H. Easy to apply, neat and clean! I like the Wild Cherry kind! :p

Remember, you can stretch your med supplies by cleverly using one item to substitute for another.
For instance, Chap Stick can be a perfectly acceptable sub for Preparation H. Easy to apply, neat and clean! I like the Wild Cherry kind! :p
30962484-wtf-reactionf-.gif

When you are in a foreign nation or more likely a foreign countryside and you can not absolutely trust even the locally or so called safe regionally bottled drinking water then you know you have fallen through down the rabbit hole and are in absolutely deep shieeeeet. Yikes. Been there doing the RN thing.

Historical note. Bad water killed so many brave sailors. It got to the point where in some places of the New World, (actually ... LOTS of places) procuring safe clean "FRESH" water for the wooden hulled sailing ships became quite a lucrative chandler market for the honest good reliable ship chandlers. Safe water.

But the dishonest or greedy ship chandlers thought they had zero chance of being caught out. Or perhaps THEIR employees cut corners regarding safe potable fresh water. Anyhow, if the crew and officers survived the bad water the cheapo cut rate ship candlers usually met a horrible fate. Reasonable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top