JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
okay so maybe i could be jumping to conclusions but i think it could be a real possibility (all be it small) that the US may be invaded. ive been following the most recent news on syria lately and even our own liberal news cant give any good arguments to support obama this time. all of the real info that has been released is a far cry for evidence to justify invading that country. other nations are telling obama to back off but he is trying to stand by his words when he said last hear that he would attack if they used chemical weapons. the last part i could understand if he were to provide proof.

anyone else here think that it could lead to invasion from russia or china?

ive considered picking up a couple things i wouldnt have added to my normal supplies list, like gas masks and carbon powder for decontamination. on top of that, more medical supplies and some for much more serious injuries.

anyone else here think that it could lead to invasion from russia or china?

A little study of past history may give you some ideas as to what is required for a full scale invasion like that. Months of logistical work is required.

Carbon powder and gas masks will not do you sh*t in that case.

Pretty much thinking that they would have to move a huge amount of material by sea, and our subs would blow them out of the water pretty easy.

Do you know how much that will cost?
No one could afford to put that many troops on our shore.
Our sending troops to small backwards countries is making us broke.

Now that is not saying we can't add more fuel to an out of control fire in the Middle East.
Hey, now how about that Afghanistan, Pakistan and India game? There are nukes in that game.
Between Syria and that, it will carry over to the Middle East, Asia, and Europe.
Don't expect troops, just missiles. :s0131:
:gun01::gun02::gun03::gun12::gun17::gun18::gun19::gun21:

...anyone else here think that it could lead to invasion from russia or china?

No. In my opinion the Middle East would be the likely playground for armies, but there just isn't any reason for anyone to invade the US. It would be suicide, not to mention a logistical nightmare, to even attempt it. No reason to do it.

The way to destroy a powerful enemy is by destroying it's culture, by overwhelming it's infrastructure and debasing it's currency, what the Progressives have been doing since Woodrow Wislon

Agreed, a hostile invasion will never happen.

However, remember who owns a good chunk of US Treasury bills - China and Russia. If the US warred against them, a Treasury default seems inevitable.

Most likely our government (or its remains) would then "settle" with the enemy nation. As part of the settlement, we'd receive a few "peacekeepers". That is when you'd see AK-armed troops patrolling your streets.

Of course, such peacekeepers would not smile on private ownership of firearms. They may also enforce a government 'buy-back' of hard currency.

i dont know that i can entirely agree with the whole "invasion will never happen" idea. i raised the question not because i fell its the most likely upcoming event (because im sure its far from likely) but because it could give other nations justification to attack the US. as far as those who say it would cost too much, that theory is flawed when you consider the economical changes throughout the world after WW2. i can see the logistical problems with it but i have no doubt that other nations have been putting together hypothetical attack scenarios for decades, so that has flaws of its own too. even our state departments put together attack plans on other nations as an added security measure for defense, its a logical plan even if you have no intention of following through.

i think EZLivin has the most reasonable although dark outcome when he says the middle east will be where these events unfold. i still think that if we were to skirmish with russians in the middle east we may end up in another cold war (of comparable nature to the cold war we have all grown up learning about) and evolve into a major "hot" war. im sure they would not want to risk having home land attacks in their nation but i dont see china or russia as nations who would blush when they are threatened (which they havnt been). of course china has been all but silent as they are with similar events but considering the few reports on their stance and their recent history of backing russias stance, its safe to say if russia stands up and says no, they will too. my biggest concern is Mr. Putin will do that and obama with try his luck.

as far as why i made the thread, im just looking for reasonable steps i can take and supplies i can gather to be a bit more prepared than i already am. i keep food and limited medical supplies at home but i dont really have anything past a weapon for security; and i dont think fighting from my basement is a wise choice. the gas masks are out of my budget range so i wont really be able to do that i think but medical supplies are not as bad as some people think, as long as you buy from a medical supply store instead of "prepper outlets". a big plus it that they can be useful without people getting shot all around you too.

i do have the benefit of a defensible lower floor in my home but i wouldnt be going all remember the alamo on anybody, i also wont be buying any sandbags to fortify. anyone know of things i can do short of that to protect my home and food, in the unlikely event?

The US lost its sovereignty and independence in 1913. "We are controlled by the duress of a small group of dominant men (international banking families)" - Woodrow Wilson. WW was admitting openly to being a traitor and a Judas and the bankers put him into the presidency in exchange for support of their central bank.

There won't be an invasion of the USA per se. Not with soldiers. With claimants. It will be more like when the collection agency comes to legally take your things that you can no longer pay for; by default.

We really own nothing. Everything is collateral on our debt including your land, your home, yourself. We, and just about everything around us is owned property (NOT owned by us).

The greatest orchestrated transfer of wealth the world has ever seen is only months or very short years away. The British Oligarchs never forgot 1776. We kicked them in the nads and now it is coming close to payback time.

Families with such mass wealth that they make Bill Gates look like a street bum are getting their ducks in a row. Soon, with their immense power and wealth, they will trigger our collapse. Americans will be dumbfounded to see every account worthless, every piece of fiat currency nothing but TP.

Yes, we are going to be attacked. Not by the use or soldiers and guns, but by an orchestrated financial collapse that will last beyond our lifetime.

An army of north koreans landing at Pismo Beach, and the californians would have nothing to fight them off.

Now that I think about it, could Fienstien be a korean mole? Extensive plastic surgery and some skin bleaching would do it. Put there to "soften" California for an invasion?

Think about it, the N. Koreans are just the right degree of wackadoodle (clinical term) to try it.

An army of north koreans landing at Pismo Beach, and the californians would have nothing to fight them off.

Now that I think about it, could Fienstien be a korean mole? Extensive plastic surgery and some skin bleaching would do it. Put there to "soften" California for an invasion?

Think about it, the N. Koreans are just the right degree of wackadoodle (clinical term) to try it.

coop44 - don't be ridiculous. Everyone knows those Kalifornians have 10 rd. magazines!........... :s0114:

Right now foreign invasion is unrealistic. 20 years from now, maybe not so much if we continue to allow our armed forces to be worn out, not just the war fighters but their equipment. Drop to sustained single digits in operable carrier groups and spread them thin elsewhere and I'd bet China might try it with a bunch of North Koreans leading the way. I think for this scenario to be more than a 5% possibility a lot of stars would have to line up. US decade long depression, a much weaker military than we have today, stupid politicians, a famine or two.

We personally should be prepared for any sort of chaotic event whether natural, domestic or foreign.

Brutus Out

Right now foreign invasion is unrealistic. 20 years from now, maybe not so much if we continue to allow our armed forces to be worn out, not just the war fighters but their equipment. Drop to sustained single digits in operable carrier groups and spread them thin elsewhere and I'd bet China might try it with a bunch of North Koreans leading the way. I think for this scenario to be more than a 5% possibility a lot of stars would have to line up. US decade long depression, a much weaker military than we have today, stupid politicians, a famine or two.

We personally should be prepared for any sort of chaotic event whether natural, domestic or foreign.

Brutus Out

decade long depression, coming up on it- check
weaker military, getting there-check
stupid polititians, always- check
famine, take a look at production in the midwest- check

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR