JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After 1639 and with what they have planned this year, it feels like we are about at the end of the line for private firearm ownership. Does anyone really think that if we register our rifles that they wont confiscate them next year or the year after? They have plans and they are working. If they are successful this year we will have lost the 2A in Wa. We need to get organized. Wa. needs to VA.

Many tools are in place, such as the rally Jan 17, 2020. 10,000+ in attendance would send a message. And of course that whopping 5 minutes you have to spend filling out a ballot.

What we need is to to find a cure for apathy & complacency as well as figure out how to get the big organizations to fully support ideas that they didn't originate/can't take credit for (ya know, unity and all).

Boss

After 1639 and with what they have planned this year, it feels like we are about at the end of the line for private firearm ownership. Does anyone really think that if we register our rifles that they wont confiscate them next year or the year after? They have plans and they are working. If they are successful this year we will have lost the 2A in Wa. We need to get organized. Wa. needs to VA.
I oppose registration at every level. It is a joke that will do nothing other than create a new class of criminals when people refuse to comply.
California first required "AW" registration back in 1989. No mass confiscation occurred Nothing It was just a hoop for gun owners to jump through. I'm not worried about confiscation
I worry about whatever else the government tries to do with that info such as "Safety" requirements Use taxes, insurance requirements and a bunch of other onerous little burdens they'll add to the right to keep and bear arms.

I oppose registration at every level. It is a joke that will do nothing other than create a new class of criminals when people refuse to comply.
California first required "AW" registration back in 1989. No mass confiscation occurred Nothing It was just a hoop for gun owners to jump through. I'm not worried about confiscation
I worry about whatever else the government tries to do with that info such as "Safety" requirements Use taxes, insurance requirements and a bunch of other onerous little burdens they'll add to the right to keep and bear arms.

It may not have been "mass confiscation", but confiscation did occur in the PDRK........................

LA Times said:
As a result, thousands of registrations were invalidated and owners were "dispossessed" of their guns without any payment. So in California, registration indeed did lead to confiscation.
Sloppy Gun Laws Confuse Owners, Law Enforcement

While I agree that gun control laws main purpose it to punish gun owners, for being gun owners, I also believe that their end goal is confiscation.

Ray

Here's the bills (2241) sponsors, not including the ag or gov. Write away folks. You DO NOT have to reside in their district to write them.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

BTW..(c) For a class C felony, by confinement in a state correctional institution for five years, or by a fine in an amount fixed by the court of ten thousand dollars, or by both such confinement and fine.
And that 'could be' for just a single magazine if I read the bill correctly.

Dan

It may not have been "mass confiscation", but confiscation did occur in the PDRK........................

Sloppy Gun Laws Confuse Owners, Law Enforcement

While I agree that gun control laws main purpose it to punish gun owners, for being gun owners, I also believe that their end goal is confiscation.

Ray
That was some serious BS the state pulled Detachable magazine SKS rifles were first excluded from the ban and then added afterwards. AG Lundgren allowed the registrations after the deadline. IIRC HCI sued. Lundgren fought it, but got termed out. Then new AG Bill Lockyer A Democrat party hack POS got the AG post and dropped the case, giving HCI the victory and hanging the late registrants out to dry.
That was an entrapment IMHO Leaving all the folks who complied, albeit late high and dry. POS Lockyer gleefully demanded the guns be turned in.
It should have been an open and shut case of entrapment plus an unconstitutionally vague law, but CRPA and NRA couldn't or wouldn't pursue it in the court.
A travesty of justice. So I must qualify and say there has been no mass confiscation of firearms that were registered before any deadlines . Still registration is BS and it's absolutely clear how it can turn honest people into criminals.

Oh, absolutely registration will lead to orders to surrender under penalty of felony. There might be a few incremental steps in between, such as mandatory proof of (overpriced) insurance, regular "safety" inspections, mandatory proof of training certification on various 'assault weapons' and so forth.

But without a doubt, giving the government a list of your guns is simply making it easy for them to persecute, prosecute, criminalize, and convict gun owners and/or just round up all the guns.

And let's not mince words.

They want to do this to dominate you, steal your wealth, enslave you, and ultimate murder you. That's the process of dictators throughout history. From days of kings and serfs when serfs were not allowed swords or offensive weapons or armor... and improvised weapons like farm tools were implemented in their place. To the Soviets and Chinese and Germany disarmaments of the people (creating ghettos, slums, and wiping out tens of millions of people, and enslaving the rest)... to modern day "disarmed" people in the slums of Baltimore, Chicago, and the rest.

Take the guns and enslave them... we have education "enslavement" and homeless "enslavement" and economic "enslavement" - while not directly tied to guns, they are removing our tools to fight back one zip code at a time.

Even if all that training covers all of the required subject matters AD NAUSEUM?

Believe me! In the timespan that "common folk" have to take the class (which I don't think anyone should have to do), I will have taken it 400x more! 200 hours of state approved CJTC training vs 30 minutes on your phone! Where do I make that trade?

The law says you have to show proof, or something to that effect, of completing state approved (whatever that means) training that involves safe firearms handling, safe storage, suicide prevention, etc. It doesn't say I have to go to a specific school to do it. Does my 200 hours of training specific to those areas cover that? You bet! Can I print off my training record to prove I took the classes, yes! The only advantage I see is that I got paid to do it and didn't have to drive my own car.

But this site, along with other gun related sites, has gone increasingly looney and anti-cop. The other day, there were 3 anti-police threads in the top 10 most tread on subjects. As far as I know, no member on here who is in LE has done anything bad to anyone. No one is talking about the "common folk" member who lit his house on fire, shot at the responders, and then shot himself.
I don't know all the threads you refer to but I wonder if you are conflating anti government overreach with anti cop. I am against the court system and any of it's agents abusing their great power. That's not anti cop but it could be against one or a handful of cops, judges or DAs.

There is contempt on both sides of the badge. Who wants some 16 yo misquoting the law to them and talking down to them like you owe them money. But at the same time, I don't want authorities mistreating or disrespecting me when I haven't done wrong.

I don't know all the threads you refer to but I wonder if you are conflating anti government overreach with anti cop. I am against the court system and any of it's agents abusing their great power. That's not anti cop but it could be against one or a handful of cops, judges or DAs.

There is contempt on both sides of the badge. Who wants some 16 yo misquoting the law to them and talking down to them like you owe them money. But at the same time, I don't want authorities mistreating or disrespecting me when I haven't done wrong.

No, there is some open disdain toward police on here. No one ever starts a thread like "construction flagger gets DUI" or "fireman buys illegal fireworks" and then get lots of comments about how out of control things have gotten in the flagger or fireman ranks.

Or better yet, some cop gets into a shooting that is within policy, and people talk about how they, in their infinite experience, would have been able to arrive at a better outcome. Nevermind all the "wow, they can't shoot!" comments from people who have never been shot at, had to draw a gun at someone, etc.

@No_Regerts - I hear you. I'm fairly certain I will never divulge my occupation here. I get enough hate as is. Hope I haven't contributed to that, and if so I apologize.
That can mean only an attorney or elected official--a reinforcement of the lesson that there are good and bad people in all walks of life. Hang in there, man... I firmly believe I had the privilege of briefly knowing one of the few individuals to get called up to the Bar Association of Heaven. :)

That can mean only an attorney or elected official--a reinforcement of the lesson that there are good and bad people in all walks of life. Hang in there, man... I firmly believe I had the privilege of briefly knowing one of the few individuals to get called up to the Bar Association of Heaven. :)

Not necessarily,

There are a few of us who have fairly mundane jobs....under very strict NDAs.

This needs a bump, especially re. 2241 (firearms registration). If you haven't shared this with folks, quit waiting. With the new speaker, these types of things will no quietly 'go away' in committee.

If you have the means, consider attending the rally two weeks from today (1/17/20):

Boss

Not necessarily,

There are a few of us who have fairly mundane jobs....under very strict NDAs.
True... just in simple historical research, I've had clients require me to store their files on drives with automatic self-destruct scripts that wipe the data unless I manually reset the destruct timer every thirty minutes while the drive's plugged in and powered, and when not in use keep those drives either locked in a safe or on my person.

And see companion SB6076, which is essentially the same mag restrictions/firearms registration - with the same comply, or become a felon = loose all your guns penalties.

Also, looking into 2241, they prohibit:

- A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person

And of course, new section 4 at the end, where if any part of the new restriction is struck down, the rest remains in effect.:mad:

So, folks might want to take a little time to share with folks outside the forums. This is SIGNIFICANT.

Boss

Last Edited:
As a reminder, assistance for writing the media...it lists most of the contacts for WA papers:

Boss

Folks really need to be made aware of this HB2241 and its companion SB6076.

Its a given the violent and/or career criminals are not going to register their firearms. So who does that leave? The law-abiding.:confused:

So the fundamental question: Why does someone want a registration, a compiled list, of what good, decent law-abiding citizens have? Why?

We know the real answer, but this is a (the?) question that needs to be asked of the sponsors, proponents, and supporters. And deflections, non-answers, subject changes, and 'for er, ahh...safety and stuff' shouldn't be acceptable.

With 'a' murder by 'a' rifle in WA in 2018, its certainly not an 'epidemic' of semi-auto rifle violence as the prohibitionists would want sheeple to believe (by comparison 18 murders were committed with hands/fist/feet).

2018 WA Stats:
Handguns = 75
Rifles = 1
Shotguns = 1
Knives = 36
Hands/fists/feet = 18

And that's just the registration part...this doesn't even touch on the effective mag ban (outside of a range/hunting) or possession of merely parts for a semi-auto rifle.:eek:

Griping about it on the subforums isn't enough.:rolleyes: Spread.The.Word. You, reading this...not somebody else.

$.02 worth.

Boss

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews